Just wanted you to know that this frosty Summer treat is sponsored by my friends over at Amoretti!
These raw vegan cheesecake bars have a creamy vanilla base and bright orange topping, to taste like a creamsicle! They’re a healthy, no-bake treat for the Summer!
Ultra-fresh and SUPER smooth just like the orange-and-vanilla-on-a-stick memories of your youth.
These magical bars have got every creamy note of creamsicle-summer-food-bliss but without all the questionable ingredients AND messy ice-cream-running-down-your-face shenanigans.
BASICALLY they are your newest most favorite, super-duper-easy no bake dessert.
UHMM, is it just me or is no-baking things the champion of your heart lately too? It could be a Neapolitan no bake chocolate tart, no bake white chocolate macadamia nut cookies OR crispy no-bake almond joy bars. REALLY? ANYTHING GOES.
If you “no bake” it, I’ll EAT IT.
You too? I knew you were cool like that.
These bars are a triple layer of bright and FRESH flavors the dance across your tongue as a wave of easy-living childhood memories flash across your brain, wrapping you in a HAPPY HUG of good times AND food bliss, as your taste buds tingle with each CREAMY, FROSTY vanilla-and-orange-swirled bite.
Happiness in BAR FORM.[clickToTweet tweet=”Summer called and it wants #healthy #vegan No Bake Creamsicle Cheesecake Bars! @AmorettiFoods” quote=”Summer called and it wants #healthy #vegan No Bake Creamsicle Cheesecake Bars! @AmorettiFoods” theme=”style2″]
The creamiscle combo was inspired by the fact that the current refrigerator situation in my real life happens to be FULL of homemade creamsicle cashew milk. Something about the summer + oranges + vanilla has got me like WHOA <3.
So, naturally, it only makes sense to throw the above delicious equation with the most perfect dessert that some VRY VRY smart person every created: cheesecake.
EXCEPT EXCEPT EXCEPT with NO DAIRY.
But, how do you make cheesecake without cream cheese, you ask?
Oh, hello cashew cream that is velvety smooth, crave-ably luscious and has the perfect amount of heart-healthy fat to keep it creamy and rich when it gets up close and personal with the freezer.
We like you. A LOT.
The SUPER-not-so-secret-ingredient that EXPLODES this creamy-cheesecake-without-the-cheese with the MECCA of vanilla bean swirls of yumminess is Amoretti’s Natural Vanilla Bean Artisan Flavoring!
You remember last month’s rum pineapple cake trifle, where I introduced you to their Pineapple Artisan Flavoring? Of course you do. You would NEVER forget cake with booze ????
This is like that; the same syrupy, YUM texture and sweet taste, BUT, with perfect little flecks of vanilla bean. As your hungry mouth munches through the vibrant topping, and sinks DEEP into rich, INDULGENT cream, the vanilla bean Artisan Flavoring mix-mashes with the glazed oranges and seals the creamsicle DEAL.
About the topping. You see orange rinds. You’re concerned.
I know how you think.
Mostly because Mr. FFF questioned them too. He almost would not try one, due to apprehension over orange peels.
Annnnnnd then he made all 8 of his study group friends try them and excitedly told them about how boiling oranges in a syrupy-sweet mixture of honey and water caramelizes them, and softens the rinds, so that biting into them is a VRY VRY happy experience in your mouth.
PLUSPLUSPLUS: PRETTY. FOOD.
Always tastes good.
Fun facts about creamsicle bars that will enhance your life to know:
- They wrap you in a hug of childhood memories, and makes you forget about the current adulting situation of your life.
- They pretty HANDS-OFF-EASY-PEASY
- They’re topped with fruit, which basically means you can consider them part of your “5 a day”
You know I’d never lie to you.
Creamsicle Vegan Cheesecake Bars
For the oranges:
- 1 Large orange
- 1/2 Cup Honey *
- 1/2 Cup Water
For the crust:
- 2/3 Cup Raw cashews (93g)
- 1/2 Cup Loosely packed dates (70g)
- 1/2 tsp Water
Make the orange sauce:
- Zest the orange and set it aside for later (you should have about 2 tsp, packed.) Slice about 1 inch off the end of each orange, and then VERY THINLY** slice the remaining piece width-wise. Make sure it stays together, but slice it as thin as possible
- Combine the honey and water in a large pot on high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, stir in the oranges, making sure they are covered in the liquid. Reduce the heat to medium/low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the oranges are translucent*** but still hold their shape, about 35-40 mins.
Make the crust:
- Line the bottom of an 8 inch pan with parchment paper, leaving an over hang to use as a handle later.
- In a large food processor, process the cashews until crumbly. Add in the dates and continue to process until crumbly and mixed. With the food processor running, stream in the water and process until the mixture starts to come together.
- Transfer the crust into the prepared pan and press out firmly and evenly - I find it helps to hold a piece of parchment paper to press out, if the crust sticks to your fingers. Place into the freezer while you make the filling.
To make the filling:
- Add all of the filling ingredients, along with the orange zest, into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as necessary. Pour into the chilled crust and smooth out evenly.
- By this point, your oranges should be done. Use a slotted spoon and VERY carefully remove them one-at-a-time from the pot, place them on top of the cashew cream. Try not to overlap too much, but a little bit is okay.
- Drizzle 1 Tbsp of the cooking liquid over top of the oranges (try not to get too much of it onto the actual exposed cream) and then discard the rest.****
- Place into the freezer until hard, at least 5 hours to overnight.
- To serve: let stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes, slice and DEVOUR!
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT AMORETTI. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
AMORETTI IS BEING FAB AND GIVING 10 OF YOU A CHANCE TO WIN YOUR OWN JAR OF NATURAL VANILLA BEAN ARTISAN FLAVOR SO YOU CAN MAKE THESE BARS! ENTRY IS SUPER SIMPLE, JUST USE THE WIDGET BELOW!
This giveaway will run from 08/07/2017 until 06/14/2017. 10 winners will be and contacted via email within 48 hours. The winners have 48 hours to claim their prize, or a new winner will be selected in their place. Open to residents of the USA and Canada only
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS! ????
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!