This paleo Neapolitan No Bake Chocolate Tart is an easy summer dessert that tastes like healthy ice cream! Gluten, grain, dairy free and vegan friendly!
Is it still healthy if I top it with Neapolitan ice cream?
I’m going with a big, fat Y-E-S.
This tart you guys. I am so in LOVE WITH IT.
She is the kind of little lady that you actually, secretly, in your very INNER SOUL aspire to actually BECOME when you grow up. She’s a BEAUTY, without spending much time to get her there. Her beauty routine is SIMPLE.
She’s also ridiculously smooth and sweet with JUST the right amount of CRUNCH to give her a little back-bone. Kinda exactly like my most favorite healthy frozen strawberry dessert recipe.
Okay. Stopping talking about this tart like it’s a person. THINGS ARE GETTING TOO WEIRD.
But, you KNOW what I mean right?
From the juicy strawberries –> velvety smooth and RICH vanilla-scented cashew cream –> bursts of chocolate chips in each bite –> chewy, sweet date crust (with MORE chocolate), every and every layer of this easy-breeze beautiful tart is sheer and utter FOOD BLISS.
See also: when you crunch-munch through each layer, and they tango together through your mouth in the most delicious of food-dances, you are going to feel all those cozy, familiar childhood feeling of licking a BIG OL scoop of Neapolitan ice cream,
But, LIIIKE, with no dairy, grains, refined sugar and fake food coloring. *insert that emoji with the thumb and finger touching to make an O here*
That was the world’s longest description of an emoji, I think.
The crust situation at hand should look VRY VRY familiar in the sense that it is used a lot in these parts of the interwebz. It was the perfect base for a raw vegan tart with chocolate and pistachios and a no-bake chocolate tart with almond cream and raspberries.
Crushing nuts and then adding sticky-sweet dates somehow turns these two simple ingredients into a TRANSFORMER of delicious-nutritious-crusty-nirvana that works with pretty much any no-bake dessert of your dreams.
I also add water to my crust to help it come together, which may be cheating. But, I am not one of those humans with magic hands who can somehow turn a crumbly nut and date mixture into something that actually sticks together on its own.
How other people do this is a mystery to me.
Maybe it was that paleo cookies pizza with cashew cream that pushed you over the edge?
OR MAYBE you, like me, are still experiencing an addiction to no-bake treats that fill your hungry belly with the luscious vibes of cashew cream. I am hoping that this is the current situation of your very real person life.
Of course, if it’s not, I’ll eat your slice. I GOT YOU.
Another thing that I got is a serious case of food JEALOUSY.
When something looks THIS pretty, SO NATURALLY, and makes everyone who tries it feel happy with their life?
HOW CAN YOU NOT.
Neapolitan No Bake Chocolate Tart
For the crust:
- 1 Cup Raw cashews (140g)
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 Cup Packed Dates, halved (110g)
- 1 tsp Water
- Line the bottom of an 8 inch tart pan, with a removable bottom, with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the cashews in a large food processor, along with cocoa, and blend until crushed. Add in the dates and blend until well mixed and crumble. With the food processor running, stream in the water and blend until a stick ball begins to form.
- Dumb the crust into the prepared pan and press out very firmly, leaving a thick ridge for the crust. Give yourself some time, as it takes a bit of effort to get the crust even. Place into the freezer.
- Drain the water from the cashews and place them into a SMALL food processor (mine is 3 cups.*) Add in all of the ingredients, up to the chocolate chips. Use the "chop" setting for 1-2 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary. Then, use the "puree" setting for 5-7 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides, until totally smooth. This does take some time, but it will get there!
- Transfer the cream to a bowl and stir in the chopped chocolate chips. Pour into the prepared crust. Lay the strawberries into the cream, gently pressing them into it.
- Cover with tinfoil and freeze until the cashew cream is totally firm, about 3-4 hours, up to overnight.
- Let it sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Then, DEVOUR.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
- 8 Inch Tart Pan with Removable Bottom
- 3 Cup food processor
- Dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Large food processor
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 11 POINTS+: 8. OLD POINTS: 7
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS! ????
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!