These easy, no-bake homemade paleo protein bars are only 7 ingredients and are healthy, gluten, grain and dairy free! Perfect for on-the-go snacking!
I used to be a really, really bad and annoying wife.
Liiiiike, when Mr.FFF and I first started dating/got married, whenever he made a food choice that I deemed “unacceptable” (IE: every single day of his life, all day long) I would look at him and go “are you REALLY going to eat that?”
This usually happened when he decided to eat a meal of 100% carbs (he considered homemade cereal or healthy chewy granola bars or chips and salsa a legit dinner on a VRY VRY regular basis) and Z-E-R-O protein.
I feel like you’re probably pretty aware that I am obsessed with protein. If I could eat blueberry paleo protein waffles for breakfast, paleo homemade protein bars for snack, Mango chicken with coconut cauliflower rice for dinner and funfetti protein cookies for dessert EVERY DAY, I would.
I’ve even done a best tasting protein bars: protein bar review WITH Mr. FFF!
Protein = muscles. Whiiiich is why I never understood why he just DID NOT CARE. Does he want me to start outlifting him?
Says the girl who curls 15 lbs and he can still curl, liiike, 1 MILLION. I guess he’s pretty secure that will just NEVER happen.
You married friends probably know that, after 5 years, you kinda calm down on being naggy and let things slide a little bit. So, this question does not usually come out my mouth anymore. How-EV-ER, do not think that I somehow no longer care about the status of his muscles. I just found a super-secret way to make sure he gets protein, WHILE making me look like a super star-mega-awesome wife.
Lemme let you in on a lil’ secret: It’s these no bake paleo protein bars.
SNAP SNAP SNAP. THEY WIN. <– Not sure why the snaps. It just felt like a necessary thing to do.
If you create delicious, super-portable, extra-snackable little bars of protein-packed BLISS, that are stuffed with crunchy, rich chocolate and swirled with creamy almond butter in every bite, and then L-E-A-V-E them in the refrigerator without saying anything, the always-carb-eating-husband gets curious. Especially when they look softer and chewier than the usual sugar free keto low carb granola bars that he sees lying in the fridge.
“What are these? Can I eat them? Can I eat them with cereal?”
The last question didn’t actually happen. But, I am SURE it went through his mind.
Upon realizing that they are:
- Already made for him
- Soft and chewy and perfect like WHOA
Your husband will be requesting easy, healthy, portable protein bars ALL THE DAYS of his life. These really are the PERFECT bar recipe.
Which will make you VRY VRY happy because:
- No more fears about wondering if your muscles will outgrow his #NotActuallyaLogicalFearThough
- They are no-baking-required-kinda-super-easy which means that maintaining a regular supply is gonna be Z-E-R-O burden to your already busy-enough-real-person-life
- You A-L-S-O get to share in the love of easy-portable-protein-packed snacks and have your muscles grow BIG and STRONG between meals.
There is no losing here my internet friends.
- 1 1/3 Cup Natural Egg White Protein* (unflavored)
- 2/3 Cup Coconut flour (70g)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3/4 Cup Natural almond butter
- 2/3 Cup Honey
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 Tbsp Mini dairy-free chocolate chips
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang to use as a handle to remove the bars.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the protein, coconut flour and salt.
- In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, melt the the almond butter and honey until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the vanilla extract and then whisk it all together until creamy.
- Add the almond butter mixture into the protein mixture, along with the almond milk. Mix until well incorporated and you have a somewhat dry, thick dough. It can be easier to use your hands to mix at the end.
- Spread into the prepared pan and place in the fridge for 10 minutes to cool. Then, press in the chocolate chips.
- Let refrigerate for at least 1 hour, then slice into bars and DEVOUR!
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMARTPOINTS: 8 POINTS+: 6. OLD POINTS: 5
(per 1 bar)
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS! ????
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment