Just wanted you to know that this fall-inspired treats are sponsored by my friends over at Amoretti!
These hazelnut paleo pumpkin cake bars are made in one bowl and are loaded with chocolate! They’re a quick and easy, healthy and gluten free fall treat for only 110 calories!
It’s not even the middle of September and I already feel like I’m late to the game.
The P-U-M-P-K-I-N game, THAT IS.
Like whoa. You guys. I saw pumpkin recipes popping up in my Pinterest and Instagram feeds at the END OF AUGUST. UHM WHAT? At that point, I was still eating watermelon feta salad and vegan banana ice cream bars and basssssically trying to hold onto summer as LONG AS I COULD.
I mean. I even saw a PUMPKIN MOJITO.
Can we just agree that is taking it just a BIT TOO FAR?
Anyway. I think we both agree that, now that we’re almost midway through September, our souls are ready for PUMPKIN.
And, my internet BFF’s who share my love of healthy desserts and general GOOD FOOD, doesn’t it only make sense to debut pumpkin for 2017 in combination with chunky, melty, OOEY-GOOEY swirls of deep, rich dark chocolate A-N-D toasty-roasty hazelnuts?
You know it does.
These little cakey bars begin as all good stories should: a hefty dose of rich, nutty flavor from Amoretti’s Natural Hazelnut Flour![clickToTweet tweet=”Kick off #pumpkin season with a #paleo chocolate hazelnut pumpkin cake bar! @AmorettiFoods” quote=”Kick off #pumpkin season with a #paleo chocolate hazelnut pumpkin cake bar! @AmorettiFoods” theme=”style2″]
I’m sure you remember the very happy moment in your life when you learned that hazelnut flour was a real thing that exists on this Earth. Aaand if for some reason you don’t (give yo’ head a shake sister!) it was when we stuffed our hungry faces with chocolate hazelnut healthy ginger snaps last year!
This totally natural and wholesome flour lends a SERIOUS punch of deliciousness to these fall-spiced little bites of cake-bar BLISS. PLUSPLUSPLUS all the heart-healthy-good-for-you-fats that you find in hazelnuts are A-L-S-O in this flour. Liiiiiike the main ingredient in the recipe.
You’re doing the math. Main ingredient + loaded with <3 healthy goodness = cake bars that are GOOD 4 U.
Then, pumpkin jumps aboard that healthy-but-SUPER-YUM train, and swirls it’s creamy self alllll up into the bars’ business. No need for oil. No need for butter. Just super tender, moist pumpkin nestling its way around each flake of hazelnut, hugging it to create the ultimate texture of cake NIRVANA inside your cake-munching-mouth.
Sooooo ummm, chocolate. Not chocolate chips. Not flakes of chocolate. MEGA-SUPER-DUPER HYOOOGE CHUNKS OF CHOCOLATE.
Mix a few INTO the batter. As the heat from the oven does its cooking thang’ the chocolate releases all its melty-sweet-yumminess and mixes around with the spicy notes of cinnamon and ginger that live inside the flavor pockets of pumpkin pie spice.
Spicy + sweet. Totally loving it. Totally ADDICTED.
Caption obvious alert: you A-L-S-O need to stick a few mega chunks on TOP of the cake bars. A double threat of rich, deep and LUSCIOUS chocolate on top AND inside is really just a logical thing to do.
I won’t even tell anyone if you want to make that a TRIPLE threat of chocolate by adding a few chunks inside YOUR FACE. Your secret is safe with me my fellow chocolate loving friend.
I see you contemplating the current situation of your life and realizing that it does not include a stack of paleo pumpkin cake bars, brimming with nutty vibes and ooey-gooey-melty chocolate morsels.
Feeeeeeelin’ like you should fix that situation.
- 2/3 Cup Canned pumpkin puree
- 2/3 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1/2 Tbsp Amoretti Madagascar Vanilla Bean Extract
- 1 Cup Amoretti Natural Hazelnut Flour (85g*)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut flour (13g)
- 2 1/2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 6 Tbsp Dairy-free chocolate chunks, divided
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line the bottom of an 8x8 inch pan with parchment, rubbing the exposed sides with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat together the pumpkin and coconut sugar until combined. Add in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract and beat until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the hazelnut flour, coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the bowl and stir until well combined. Finally, stir in 1/4 cup of the chocolate chunks. Let the bowl stand for 5 minutes so the coconut flour can begin to absorb the moisture.
- Scoop into the prepared pan and spread out evenly. Place the remaining chocolate chunks on top, lightly pressing them into the batter.
- Bake until the edges are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let cool COMPLETELY in the pan.
- Once cooled, slice and DEVOUR!
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT AMORETTI. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
AMORETTI IS BEING FAB AND GIVING 10 OF YOU A CHANCE TO WIN YOUR OWN BAG OF HAZELNUT FLOUR SO YOU CAN MAKE THESE BARS! ENTRY IS SUPER SIMPLE, JUST USE THE WIDGET BELOW!
This giveaway will run from 09/11/2017 until 09/18/2017. 10 winners will be and contacted via email within 48 hours. The winners have 48 hours to claim their prize, or a new winner will be selected in their place. Open to residents of the USA and Canada only
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS! ????