These Vegan Gluten Free Brownies will satisfy your sweet tooth whether you have dietary sensitivities or not. Perfect for chocolate lovers!
Table of Contents
Why this is the BEST Vegan Gluten Free Brownie Recipe
A good brownie recipe is something you need to hold on TIGHT to when you come across it! Here on the blog, we have something brownie-wise to suit EVERYONE- there are eggless brownies, gluten free dairy free brownies and even instant pot brownies if baking without an oven is your thing! Today weâ€™re bringing a new brownie recipe to the crew, so say hello to vegan gluten free nut free brownies! As you can probably tell, these brownies are likely to be able to please EVERYONE at your family gathering or get together, and whether you are eating vegan or not, you will absolutely love them! These brownies are chewy, perfectly sweet and oh so decadent. Bake yourself up a pan and you wonâ€™t regret it!
You may be wondering, since these are vegan and gluten free chocolate brownies, what ARE they made with? The truth is, a vegan brownie recipe does not have to require any hard-to-pronounce ingredients. You might even have everything you will need already! Hereâ€™s the list:
- Flax Meal
- Hot Water
- Vegan Butter
- Avocado or Coconut Oil
- 1:1 Gluten Free Flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Non GMO Cornstarch
- Baking Powder
- Dairy Free Mini Chocolate Chips
How to make Vegan Gluten Free Brownies
Combine the flax meal with the hot water and let it sit until it forms a gel, whisking every once in a while.
Line the bottom of a pan with parchment paper and spray or rub the sides with oil. Preheat your oven while you make the batter.
In a large bowl, add the butter, sugar and oil and microwave on high until the butter melts. Stir it well, until everything is smooth and combined. Add in the flax meal gel, remaining hot water and vanilla and stir to combine. Add in all remaining ingredients other than the chocolate chips and stir again. Fold in the chips gently.
Using a rubber spatula, scoop the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Place the brownies on a cooling pad immediately in the fridge for a bit, then let them cool completely on the counter. Slice and serve- enjoy!
Top Tips For Making Vegan Gluten Free Brownies
- Make the Flax Gel first: Since the flax meal and water take some time to form a gel, I recommend mixing them first, before doing anything else!
- Cool the Brownies: For the chewiest, fudgiest brownies, I recommend placing the hot pan directly on a hot pad in the fridge once it comes out of the oven. This will stop the brownies from continuing to bake, and keep them from drying out.
How to store Gluten Free Brownies
These brownies keep great both in the fridge and the freezer. To store, place them in an airtight container. To keep them in the fridge, they will last up to a week. In the freezer, the airtight container should last up to 3 months.
This is where you can get creative! These brownies would be delicious with some vegan ice cream or coconut whipped cream and a side of fresh fruit- I recommend cherries or strawberries! Another delicious addition would be to drizzle your favorite nut butter overtop- I suggest cashew, almond or peanut butter.
more delicious dessert recipes
- vegan gluten free dairy free carrot cake
- flourless gluten free chocolate cookies
- vegan gluten free banana bread
- 2 Tbsp Flax meal
- 6 Tbsp Hot water, divided
- 4 Tbsp Vegan butter
- 4 Tbsp Avocado or melted coconut oil
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 Cup 1:1 Gluten free flour (125g. It should have xantham gum in it)
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa powder (40g)
- 3 Tbsp Non GMO Cornstarch (25g)
- 3/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup dairy free mini chocolate chips
- Whisk together the flax meal with 5 tbsp of then hot water and set aside until it forms a gel, about 10 minutes. Give it a stir every few minutes.
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees F and line the bottom of an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper, spraying the sides with cooking spray.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, microwave the butter, oil and sugar until the butter is melted. About 1-1.5 minutes. Stir well until the mixture starts to come together and make ribbons on itself – about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the flax seed, the remaining 1 Tbsp of hot water and the vanilla and stir well.
- Add all the ingredients up to the chocolate chips and stir just until mixed. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread into the prepared pan and bake until the top feels set and forms some cracks and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (except for possible melted chocolate chip. It shouldn't be gooey.) about 30-35 minutes.
- Immediately place the brownies on a cooling pad in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and let cool on the counter COMPLETELY.
- Gently cut and remove from the pan (they're fragile so be nice!) and DEVOUR!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!