Just wanted you to give your taste buds a little heads up that these CRAZY amazing vegan brownies are sponsored by my friends over at Better Body Foods!
These dense, chewy vegan brownies are stuffed with cookie dough! You’ll never believe they’re completely oil and butter free, and are a healthy, gluten free treat for only 150 calories!
Peep. Those. Brownies.
Did your taste buds AND eye balls just simultaneously FALL OUT OF YOUR HEAD in an explosion of ohmigoshcookiedoughstuffedbrowniesthatareVEGAN?
There’s this little part of me that wants to talk about just how long it took me to figure out how to make those little up arrows (#WhyNoEmojiKeyboardOnComputer) BUUUUUUT no. Let’s talk about the most RIDICULOUSLY dense, chewy and RICH chocolaty vegan brownies that are JAM packed with HEALTHY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH in every. Single. Bite.
Just sit here and picture something for a second with me okay? Let’s just imagine that moment when your teeth begin to nibble at the chewy-chocolate hug that wraps around VEGAN COOKIE DOUGH (obsessing) and then slowly sinks INTO aforementioned cookie dough, and get WHOLLOPED in the face with melty-ooey gooey chocolate and nutty, sweet peanut DELICIOUNESS. If that’s not enough, it all ends in another layer of chocolate. Because 2 layers of chocolate are bettah than ONE.
We’re on the same page here I KNOW IT.
BUT WAIIIIIT. What you DID NOT IMAGINE during that very special little moment that we just shared together (buddies! <3) was that your teeth just went all munch-fest on CHICKPEAS.
You know the things that you’d make homemade hummus out of? You know how homemade hummus is SO NOT gluten free cookie dough. Like, not even in the least. Not even if you have the imagination the size of the ENTIRE solar system.
Yeuuuuup. Those little power-packed, super-nutritious little guys. They’re in ‘ere.
How could you forget the Vegan Cookie Dough Stuffed Peanut Butter Bites where I first introduced you to Better Body Food’s PB Fit Powdered Peanut Butter? They basically went to crazy town on Pinterest and broke the internetz. You got really excited about them. And I got really excited that you got really excited.
Are you confused?
Don’t worry. Basically, I took notice of what Y-O-U want. Remember? BUDDIES! <3
So, the SUPER YUM Better Body Foods PB Fit is back, and it’s bringing its peanut-flavored A-GAME YO. Aaaanddd, the healthy cookie dough is back. It’s just stuffed between two layers of vegan brownies and then baked.
You guys. Just like the vegan carrot cake blondies, these addicting little squares of heaven in your mouth are the ULTIMATE in rich, dense and SO chewy perfection.
If you’re one of those people that gets super-duper pumped about vegan brownies that sort of resemble cake, well, we can’t be friends anymore. In my books, there is no place for cakey-brownies on the WHOLE EARTH. <— That might be an exaggeration. Realistically speaking, I am a brownie all inclusivist and I feel very strongly that all brownies should be included in the world.
More specifically included in the vicinity of my face. You’re nodding your head in agreeance right now aren’t you?
So, we can obviously still be friends. I was kidding about that part. How-ev-er, if you’re in the “cakey brownie crowd” these MIIIGHT not be for you. BUTBUTBUT, I am not going to tell you to NOT make them. BECAUZ, way deep down, I feel that your inner child who is still secretly harboring sadness for those moments where Momma took away the bowl of cookie dough, is secretly BEGGING to come out.
Plus, there’s chocolate in the mix.
It’s sort of just one. BIG. WIN WIN.
For step-by-step instruction of this recipe, watch my video tutorial below:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE! New recipes posted each week!
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Stuffed Vegan Brownies
For the cookie layer:
- 2/3 cup Lightly heaping Reduced-sodium Chickpeas drained and rinsed (about half a can) *see notes (110g peeled)
- 3 Tbsp Better Body Foods PB Fit Powdered Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbsp Better Body Foods Agave
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 Tbsp Natural creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 tsp Better Body Foods vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of baking soda
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Dairy-free mini chocolate chips
For the brownie layer:
- 3/4 Cup Natural creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp Better Body Foods Agave
- 1/2 Cup Better Body Foods Coconut sugar
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Better Body Foods vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tbsp Raw Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp Better Body Foods PB Fit Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and line the bottom of an 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper, rubbing the sides of the pan with coconut oil. Set aside.
- Wash and drain the chickpeas, and then spread them out onto a paper towel. Using another paper towel, dry them off. Then, remove any of the chickpea skins that have come loose. You don't need to remove them all, just as many as have come loose. Re-measure to make sure you have 2/3 of a cup of chickpeas once the skins are removed.
- Add the chickpeas into a SMALL food processor (mine is 3 cups), along with all of the remaining ingredients for the cookie layer, except for the chocolate chips. Blend until smooth and creaming, stopping the food processor to scrape down the sides as necessary. You want it really creamy!
- Transfer the mixture to a small bowl and stir in the chocolate chips. Set aside while you make the brownie layer.
- Place the peanut butter and agave in a large, microwave-safe bowl and microwave until the peanut butter is smooth and melted, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the coconut sugar, apple sauce, vanilla and apple cider vinegar and beat with an electric hand mixer until well mixed.
- Stir in all of the remaining ingredients, and then blend again until totally mixed. Your batter will be pretty thick.
- Reserve 1/4 of the cup of the brownie batter and then spread the rest evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Dollop the cookie dough layer on top of the brownie layer and gently spread it evenly over top, so the brownie layer is totally covered.
- Drop the reserved brownie layer in small chunks over top of the cookie dough layer. Use a sharp knife to gently spread and swirl the brownie layer into the cookie layer, leaving some of the cookie layer exposed.
- Bake until the edges are golden brown and begin to pull away from the sides, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature and then refrigerate to cool COMPLETELY, for at least 2 hours.
- Slice and DEVOUR.
Recipe Notes*This measurement is taken before removing some of the chickpea skins, once you remove the skins, you should have exactly 2/3 of a cup of chickpeas.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?If you try this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @foodfaithfit, using the hashtag #foodfaithfitness
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT BETTER BODY FOODS. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: SmartPoints: 6 Points+: 4. Old Points: 3
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more vegan desserts?
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!