These sweet and savory egg muffins have maple syrup, sweet potato noodles and bacon! They’re a paleo, gluten free and portable breakfast for busy mornings!
“But what would happen if you put bacon in them?”
You guys. Sometimes the Huberoni actually has really delicious ideas.
Lemme introduce you to the oddest-sounding-but-crazy-addicting little breakfast combo of foods that you’re going to be munchin’ all the way into the weekend and beyond.
Like Buzz Lightyear. Minus the fact that you’re a real human and all. Roll with it.
And, YES, I did just realize that this is the 3rd breakfast recipe this week. And we just had egg muffins with a savory oatmeal crust on Wednesday. See: roll with it.
This little lady of an egg muffin looks totally adorable and assuming with her small stature and fluffy egg coating. But, DON’T BE FOOLED my peeps! She will kick your taste buds right out of your head when your tongue tingles with that spicy cinnamon that mingles with sweet maple syrup, creamy, velvety smooth, nutty almond butter and hits a high note with a little smoky bacon FINALE.
Plusplusplus tender, chewy spiralized sweet potato noodles and a sprinkling of chopped almonds for the good ol’ CRUNCH VIBEZ YO.
MAJOR PROPS to this egg muffin recipe for filling all the needs of my inner-texture-freak-self.
Also: Healthy fats? CHECK. A KA-POW of protein? YEP. Nourishing, wholesome carbs? YES SIR.
AAAAAAAND bacon. Because you remember the Maple Bacon Gluten Free Cupcakes. That combo? GOOD STUFF.
They’re basically a complete meal in a food item that you can fit inside your mouth in 2 bites. 1 bite if you’re feeling ambitious and stuff.
WHICH YOU ARE.
Okay, let’s have little gab sesh’ because I know there’s this itty bitty piece of you that is wondering if this sweet and savory combo in an egg muffin recipe is actually delicious? Or is it an April Fool’s joke? Don’t worry, your brain is not alone in these thoughts because Mr. FFF was of the same mind. Originally, I was all making these gluten free muffins sans bacon and almond butter, and using tahini instead.
Internet-friends, come real close because I am going to let you in on a little secret of life:
Tahini and eggs DO NOT TASTE GOOD IN MY MOUTH.
Or your mouth. NOT EVEN MY DOGS MOUTH. No one’s mouth. Badbadbad.
But then the dear sweet man that I rarely listen to when it comes to recipes (or rarely ever, if I’m being honest. Don’t tell him I said that) looked at the sad thing that happens to my face when I have a recipe fail, it sort of resembles this:L, and he said, but what about bacon? If you switch out that notsofun to eat tahini, add something else that is 10000x more delicious and then ADD bacon, which basically solves all life’s problems, how could you go wrong?
I may have embellished the whole sentence. It was more just like “Add bacon.” It’s about the story. You get it.
Liiiiiike, bacon and almond butter and egg muffins why have you been hiding your delicious little selves for SO long. How did I not know of this yumminess that is a real thing that truly DOES exist on planet earth, totally unbeknownst to me?
P.s you should have seen my original attempt at “unbeknownst.” Spellcheck had THINGS to say about that.
And I am going to follow its lead and say a few things about spicy, smoky-sweet egg muffins that have perfectly tender sweet potato noodles and a crunch that drives your taste buds WILD:
- Spray your muffin tin x10 with cooking spray. Or else sticky muffin DOOM looms over your hungry self.
- Sweet, savory and bacon-inclusive breakfast eggs muffins are the real deal. And I think you’ll see that you guys are going to be the best of breakfast friends EVAH.
That’s all the facts you need to know.
Egg Muffins with Maple Sweet Potato Noodles, Bacon and Almond Butter
These sweet and savory egg muffins have maple syrup, sweet potato noodles and bacon! They're a paleo, gluten free and portable breakfast for busy mornings!
- 1 Small sweet potato peeled and spiralized using the 3mm blade (about 150g potato or 2 packed once spiralized)
- 2 Strips hickory-smoked bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 Tbsp Almond butter
- 2 Tbsp Maple syrup
- 4 Whole eggs
- 2 Egg whites
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp Almond finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and generously rub a muffin tin with oil. These can stick quite easily, so make sure you give it good rub.
- Divide the sweet potatoes between 6 of the muffin cavities, using about 1/3 packed cup per cavity. Your cavities will be pretty full, which is what you want.
- Divide the crumbled bacon evenly between each cavity, sprinkling on top of the potatoes and kind of pushing the potato noodles around so that the bacon pieces gets mixed in, and aren't just all sitting on top in a clump.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, melt the almond butter in the microwave until smooth, about 30 secs - 1 minute. Add in the maple syrup, eggs, egg whites, vanilla, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Whisk until well combined. You may have some small clumps of cinnamon which is totally fine.
- Divide the the egg mixture between the cavities, wiggling the pan around as you fill with the egg mixture, so that the eggs fill all the cracks between the potato.
- Sprinkle the chopped almonds on top of the muffins and gently press down on each muffin with a spoon so that the potatoes and almonds sink into the egg mixture.
- Bake until the muffins rise (a lot) and feel very set, about 30 minutes. Some of your muffins may go over the muffin tin, but just squish them back into the cavity once they come out of the oven.
- Cool to room temperature in the pan, and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?If you try this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @foodfaithfit, using the hashtag #foodfaithfit
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMARTPOINTS: 5 POINTS+: 4. OLD POINTS: 4
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more paleo breakfasts?
Paleo Egg Muffins from around the web:
Healthy Breakfast Muffins – Pure Ella
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!