This Coconut Curry Soup is the perfect bowl of comfort to fill up on! So creamy and flavorful – it’s a perfect, healthy meal!
Why you will LOVE This Recipe
Every year, when fall weather rolls in, I’m all about everything cozy and warm! Pumpkin everything ALWAYS does the trick for me, but another one of my go-to recipes has to be anything CURRY. Pumpkin curry is a winner in our house, as is whole30 coconut paleo chicken curry and today’s coconut curry soup recipe is now right up there as a new favorite! It’s flavorful, full of healthy ingredients and has all that curry warmth and goodness you are looking for- perfect to warm you up on a cool fall day!
Does Coconut Curry Soup taste like Coconut?
One of my favorite ways to incorporate healthy fats into my daily diet and meal plan is with coconut milk! Full fat coconut milk, as used in this thai coconut curry soup, is rich and creamy and FULL of healthy fats that your body can use! It’s got a mild coconut taste but not so much that it overpowers the soup. It more so adds richness to the finished product and makes it thicker and creamier, with a mild note of coconut as well.
I love a recipe that uses whole foods like vegetables, pure spices and meats to create a delicious dish to enjoy. This coconut curry chicken soup is most DEFINITELY one of those recipes- it’s so flavorful and good for you! Here’s all you will need to make it for your crew:
- Coconut Oil
- Red Pepper
- Red Curry paste
- Fresh Garlic
- Brown or Coconut Sugar
- Fresh Ginger
- Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- Chicken Broth
- Fish Sauce
- Chicken Breast
- Coconut Milk
How to make Coconut Curry Soup
Heat up the coconut oil in a large pot and add in the veggies, cooking until they begin to soften. Next, add in the paste, sugar, salt, garlic and ginger and cook until the mixture is fragrant.
Add in the remaining ingredients other than the coconut milk and cilantro and stir to combine. Bring the soup to a boil and then reduce it to a simmer until the chicken is fully cooked.
Remove the soup from heat and stir in the coconut milk and cilantro. Serve and DEVOUR!
If you love the sound of this coconut milk curry soup but want to mix things up a bit, go for it! If you have green chili paste instead of red, go ahead and throw it in. If you want to leave out the chicken, you totally can, or throw in some tofu to make it vegan friendly! Also, you don’t need to stick to the veggies I suggested for this recipe- feel free to cook with any veggies you have on hand- a few ideas are bok choy, carrots and mushrooms!
How to store Curry Soup
This soup will keep well in the fridge for 3-5 days! Simply pour the leftovers into an airtight container or mason jar and label them with the date. Place them in the fridge and reheat and enjoy when you want to. To freeze, place the airtight container in the freezer. This soup will last in the freezer for up to 3 months.
more recipes you will love
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 2 Cups Broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 Cup Carrot, sliced
- 1/2 Cup Onion, diced
- 1 Red pepper, Thinly sliced or roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp Fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Brown or coconut sugar
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp Fresh ginger, minced
- 1 Can Fire roasted diced tomatoes (14.5oz)
- 1 Cup Chicken broth
- 1 tsp Fish sauce
- 8 Oz Chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 Can Full fat coconut milk (14.5 oz)
- 2/3 Cup Cilantro, roughly chopped
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot on medium high heat. Once melted, add in the broccoli, carrots, onion and red pepper and cook until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the paste, garlic, sugar, salt and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 2 mins.
- Add in all the remaining ingredients except the coconut milk and cilantro and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover the pot and simmer until the chicken is cooked, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the coconut milk and cilantro.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!