These gluten free chocolate chip cookies are naturally sweetened with banana and made with a secret ingredient so they’re high protein! Easy and healthy!
From the C to the double O and then the K-I-E-S
It’s COOKIE TIME. Nah nah nah nah nahhhhh.
I honestly don’t even know where that came from. These healthy peanut butter cookies just told me that they wanted a theme song. So I gave them what their soft-chewy and just a lil-ooey-gooey-melty-chocolate-chip hearts desired.
Quit googling therapists in the Washington Area. Mr. FFF has already beat you to it.
Now pull up a chair, or an exrcise ball if you’re one of those “interesting” folk who feels the need to even burn calories when sitting down. Not that I’m judging you because being extra-uber healthy is jazzy and cool and HIP.
On second thought, I’m judging you. Leather sofa > exercise ball. TRUTH.
Pull up whatever your sitting-person-self likes and let’s chat about chocolate chip cookies. That are sort of cookies but also sort of mini muffins and A-L-S-O sort of pancakes.
You’re confused. Stay with it. It’s going somewhere YUM.
BECAUZZZ they’re made from About Time’s Protein Pancake Mix! We discussed it previously in its actual, true, protein pancake form. But then it told me that it wants some variety in its just-mix-it-with-water-and-it’s-so-good life.
I see you opening a new tab, with your fingers hovering over “G-O-O-G-L-E.” STAP IT.
I totally understand its thought process though. Water is good. But bananas and peanut butter are better. <– Solid life statement right thurr.
Ever since the Breakfast Bars last week, I have been kind-of-sort-of-okay-TOTALLY obsessed with using bananas in place of eggs. Or in place of sugar. Basically, I have just wanted to shove bananas into absolutely anything that is also shoved into my mouth.
Except zucchini lasagna. That’s weird.
Not that I learned from experience. Hypothetically speaking.
So. Obvi I had to add some banana into those cookies for the hint of sweetness that they needed. And peanut butter. Because it’s peanut butter. It really doesn’t need explanation. It also happens to be MADE for bananas. Like, they could just skip through fields of daisies hand in hand ALL DAY LONG, braiding each other’s hair, and no one would even bat an eyelid. That kind of made for each other.
And these little bites of general food heaven and D-LISH are made for your protein-loving-healthy-breakfast-soft-and-chewy-but-kind-cakey cookie loving face.
Especially since above mentioned face can be full of ‘em in 15 minutes FLAT. Like, from start TO YUM.
- one-five. Fifteen.
I vote yes.
- 3/4 Cup Banana mashed (about 1 1/2 medium bananas or 175g)
- 1/4 Cup Natural peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp Coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup About Time Chocolate Chip Protein Pancake Mix 140g
- 1/3 Cup Quick-cooking oats
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet[/url]with parchment paper or a [url href=http://amzn.to/1O3Sy1y target=_blank rel=nofollow]silpat. Set aside
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed banana, peanut butter, coconut sugar and vanilla extract. Mash together with a fork until the evenly combined.
- Add in the Protein Pancake Mix, quick-cooking oats and a pinch of salt and stir until evenly combined. Your dough will be wet and sticky.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared pan.
- Bake until the tops of the cookies just look baked, about 8-9 minutes, being careful not to over-bake as they will dry out. Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
Want to try this DELISH Protein Pancake Mix (or any other products!)? About Time has an awesome discount code that will get you 25% off your purchase! Just visit their online store HERE and enter the code: fitfluential
I’d also love to see you at the #TryAboutTime Twitter Party on Tuesday, June: 16 at 9pm EST! 😀
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more healthy cookies?
Deep Dish Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Crockpot Paleo Cookies with Chocolate Chips
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of About Time.
Leave a Comment