These gluten free pancakes are swirled with chocolate ganache and topped with cherry sauce and hazelnuts. They’re an easy breakfast that feels so decadent!
T – 6 days until D Day.
Or should we call it M Day. And no, not Monday. Although that IS today. But we don’t talk about Monday’s here on FFF. We just skip along in life and pretend that the first day of the week just does not exist.
The “M” Day that I speak of is that day that you celebrate those wonderful women folk who bore you: Mother’s Day!
I could get all mooshy and gooshy about my wonderful and dear sweet Mom, because I know that she reads this and it will make her smile. But, that would be so “predictable daughter” of me.
So you know what I’ve decided? (MOM: SPOILER ALERT, STOP READING NOW!) Imma mail my Momma a big ol’ stack of pancakes.
I’m pretty sure Fedex accepts those kind of packages. I mean, if you can Fedex an amphibian, you can Fedex your breakfast amIright?
Don’t ask how I know that.
And the pancakes of choice? Umm. Obviously the ones that you eyeballs be peepin’ RIGHT NOW. The ones that are swirled with ooey, gooey, coconut chocolate ganache and topped with thick, sweet cherry sauce, completely with little hazelnut crunchies.
I know. You stopped reading at pancakes SWIRLED WITH CHOCOLATE. You’re imagining yourself before a tall stack (ain’t no short stack’n these babies) of perfectly-golden-brown-fluffy-soft-pancakes. You’re cutting into them and watching as that, still-warm, chocolate swirl melts onto your fork as you go to take a bite.
Don’t worry. I won’t tell anyone that you have chocolate smeared all OVAH your face. It just means that you’re doing it right.
Besides being rockinly-awesomely-fluffy-and-lighter-than-a-cloud these pancakes JUSTSOHAPPEN to be gluten free and SO EASY.
Like so easy that you can actually make them for your Mom on Mothers day without having to slave in the kitchen for approximately 42.000 billion hours. <— Except she will THINK you did. Key point.
Also so easy that you COULD not wait for 6 days and you potentially COULD make them TODAY. It IS an M-Day.
Back to gluten free goodness.
Do you remember those Sugar Cookie tarts that we ate around Christmas, that were made with Pamela’s Products Gluten Free Sugar Cookie dough? Well, Pamela’s Products is back with their SUPER tasty Baking and Pancake Mix!
You just have to mix it with a few ingredients that I can guarantee you ALREADY HAVE, and you’re ready to get pan-tastic.
Pamela’s Products asked me to create some “Pacific Northwest Inspire” Pancakes, which obviously got me all sorts of excited. Ya’ll know my undying pancake-ular <3.
And since it just so happens to be cherry season, and we’re known for our hazelnuts, this is where my mind went.
Plus chocolate. Because, well, my brain always goes there.
There’s also the fact that my Madre happens to love the stuff. Aaaaaand I am willing to bet yours does too.
You know what I’m suggesting don’t you?
That you do a trial run of these pancakes, like, RIGHT NOW. Before you make them on Sunday.
You know, just to make sure that you know exactly what you’re doing.
Chocolate Swirled Gluten Free Pancakes with Cherries and Hazelnuts
These gluten free pancakes are swirled with chocolate ganache and topped with cherry sauce and hazelnuts. They're an easy breakfast that feels so decadent!
For the cherry sauce:
For the pancakes:
- 2 Cups Pamela's Products Baking & Pancake Mix
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups water
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Chopped hazelnuts for garnish
- In a large sauce pan, combine the coconut milk and honey on medium heat until just about to boil. Remove the pan from heat and add in the chopped chocolate. Let the chocolate stand for 30 seconds and then whisk until smooth and combined. Set the ganache aside to cool to room temperature. *
- In a separate large sauce pan. combine the cherries, honey and water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and boil until the sauce begins to thicken, and the cherries begin to break down, about 10 minutes. Add in the tapioca starch, stirring well, and boil until the sauce gets thick and coats the back of a spoon, about an additional 5-8 minutes. Set aside to let cool.
- Spray a griddlewith cooking spray and preheat to 350 degrees (or medium low heat if cooking on the stove-top.) Spoon the cooled ganache into a pastry bag (or a ziploc bag) and set aside until ready to use. The mixture should not be too thin or too thick.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the pancake ingredients until there are no longer any lumps.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto the griddle. Immediately cut the tip off the pastry bag (or ziploc) and gently make a small swirl of the ganache in the center of the pancake, making sure to keep a good amount of space between the ganache and the edge of the pancake. **
- Cook until bubbles begin to form, and the edges begin to look firm, flip once and cook until the underside is golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter, wiping off your spatula between each flip to remove any excess ganache.
- Top with cherry sauce, hazelnuts and DEVOUR.
* It's very important to let the ganache cool, so it can thicken. Otherwise it will come out of the pastry bag too quickly, and you'll have quite a mess.
** If you get the ganache too close to the pancakes edge, it will just spread out once flipped.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?If you try this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @foodfaithfit, using the hashtag #foodfaithfit
This post is sponsored by Pamela’s Products. Thank you for allowing me to continue creating great content for you by supporting partnerships with brands that Food Faith Fitness loves to work with!
Stay in touch with Pamela’s Products on social media for other tasty recipes:
If you make this recipe, please remember to tag @foodfaithfit and #foodfaithfitness on Instagram! I LOVE seeing your recipe recreations!
Want more gluten free pancakes?
Gluten Free Pancakes with Quinoa, Lemon and Blueberries
Microwave Peanut Chocolate Protein Pancakes
Blueberry Gluten Free Pancake Parfaits
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!