These are the BEST eggless chocolate chip cookies. Chewy on the inside, crispy on the outside and secretly gluten free, with a dairy free and vegan option! The only chocolate chip cookie recipe you well ever need!
PIN Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cause, liike, THEY RLY RLY ARE.
I am usually so sketchy about saying something is “the best.”
I mean, everyone has their own taste buds, and sometimes our little taste buds are NOT buddies in the sense that they don’t agree on what is the yummiest AND BEST.
But, these egg free chocolate chip cookies? There is no cookie-loving-human on planet Earth who will CHOMP into one of these perfectly sweet and ooey-gooey chocolatey cookies, with their CHEWY, soft centers and the CRISPIEST EDGES EVER, and argue that they are not, IN FACT, the best.
I am a self-proclaimed “bakery style” gluten free chocolate chip cookie enthusiast. That means that I THOUGHT that I preferred my eggless chocolate chip cookies recipe to be PILLOWY soft throughout. Didn’t want NONE of that CRISPY CRUNCH.
Literally the only time in my life when my inner TEXTURE FREAK does not come out.
Then I made THESE eggless chocolate chip cookies and realized that everything I knew in life was basically a lie.
Which is probably an exaggeration.
But, when it comes down to fact that I’ve been eating cookies wrong my whole existence, it’s not an exaggeration AT ALL.
So much time was wasted. SO MUCH TIME TO MAKE UP FOR.
I think we can both agree that being in a “need to eat lots of these chocolate chip cookies without eggs to make up for doing it wrong my whole life” situation is REALLY not a problem though.
These crispy, chewy and PILLOWY PERFECT circles of cookie BLISS are based off the healthy chocolate chip avocado cookies and Pumpkin Spice Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies that I shared with you awhile back. The one where we figured out that, like the paleo German chocolate cake, you could make DELICIOUS baked goods with avocado.
Real life truth: avocado in baking IS really good. But, UHHH, have you tried butter?
Real talk, the sequel: there IS a reason that the saying “butter makes thing better” IS A THING.
And in these eggless chocolate chip cookies? Man oh man oh man oh man. It makes them BETTER. SO rich and flavorful and CHEWY LIKE WHOA.
I’ve told you that Mr. FFF can’t do gluten or dairy, and now he’s on a “egg free” kick. <– Literally, what can I feed this man? WHY AM I A FOOD BLOGGER?
Anyway. That is the reason that I decided to try creating some no egg chocolate chip cookies.
Aaaaand, now I wonder if I will EVER USE EGGS again. FOR REAL.
They say that water and oil don’t mix, but I think they’re wrong. You CAN mix it to make a perfect egg replacement. And the combo of avocado oil with the rich, creamy butter? It’s the VERY reason that we have chewy-inside-crispy-outside kinda cookies.
IE: PERFECT TEXTURE.
You’ll be making up for lost cookie eating time too.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
- 1 1/2 Cups Oat flour (163g *) GF if needed
- 1 tsp Non GMO Cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/3 Cup Unsalted butter, softened (OR Ghee or vegan butter)
- 6 Tbsp Raw organic cane sugar
- 3 Tbsp Coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tbsp Avocado oil (or any neutral flavored oil)
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 3/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/3 Cup Dairy-free chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, stir together the oat flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat the butter and both sugars on high speed until fluffy.
- In a separate, small bowl, whisk together the water, oil and baking powder until frothy and combined. Add it into the butter mixture, along with the vanilla, and beat until fluffy and combined, about 1-2 minutes on high-speed.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and stir until combined, and a sticky dough forms. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, up to overnight. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP.
- Once chilled, heat your oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough by heaping tablespoons (I used a heaping cookie scoop) and roll into balls, press out very slightly - you want the balls higher than they are round. **
- Bake until the tops JUST feel set and the edges are very slightly golden, about 13-15 minutes. Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. ***
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 7 POINTS+:4 . OLD POINTS:3
(per 1 cookie)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!