These Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers are simply delicious! They have so much flavor and are so easy to make! A healthy, gluten free, family meal!
Just putting it out there….I am having a moment with stuffed peppers.
We just ate instant pot stuffed peppers and I might have some keto stuffed peppers coming from you next week.
But when a food is just so simple, easy and loaded with protein, fat and carbs to keep you full and satisifed?
WHY WOULD YOU NOT WANT TO MAKE THEM ALL THE TIME!
Plus, you can make them unique flavors, like my mediterranean grilled stuffed peppers which means your taste buds will never get bored!
Why you will LOVE This Recipe
As you can tell, there is NO shortage of stuffed peppers here on the blog because they’re just SO good. I love stuffed peppers because they are an all-in-one meal that is nourishing, tasty, and easy to throw together. They are also crowd pleasing, flavorful and fun to eat, making them perfect to serve to a crowd! Do yourself a favor and cook up a batch of these stuffed peppers in air fryer for your next family meal– you won’t be disappointed!
Go ahead and raid your pantry and fridge to round up everything you’ll need for this stuffed bell peppers air fryer recipe. You may need to run to the store to grab a few ingredients, or you might already have everything you need! Here’s the list:
- White Rice
- Olive Oil
- Ground Beef
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Parsley
- Italian Seasoning
- Fresh Garlic
- Ground Nutmeg
- Fire Roasted Crushed Tomatoes
- Large Red Bell Peppers
How to make Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers
Add the rice, water and some of the salt to a pot and bring it to a boil. Once it is boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer, cover the pot and cook until the rice is tender and fluffy.
Add some oil to a large pan and add the onions. Cook over medium high heat until the onion just begins to soften. Add in the beef, breaking it up as it cooks, until it is no longer pink.
Once cooked, add in the rice and stir well. Add in the shredded cheese as well as spices and the parsley and mix until everything is well combined. Next, add in the crushed tomatoes and mix once again.
Remove the tops of the peppers by slicing them off with a sharp knife. Remove the seeds and membranes from inside the bell peppers. Place the peppers in the mesh basket of your air fryer and fill them to the brim with the filling.
Cook the air fryer stuffed bell peppers until they are slightly fork tender but not totally soft. Add the cheese to the tops and cook for another couple of minutes, or until it melts nicely.
Garnish with fresh parsley and DEVOUR!
Top Tips for making Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers
- Lean them: If the peppers aren’t steady enough to stand on their own when filled, you can lean them up against one another!
- Similar Size: You will want to make sure your peppers are close in size for this recipe. Since they all cook together, if they are the same size, they will all cook evenly and at the same rate.
- Broil: If you like that golden, bubbly cheesy finish on your stuffed peppers, feel free to pop them in the oven under the broiler for a minute or two after they’re done in the air fryer!
I’m a huge advocate for playing around with my recipes so that they suit your dietary needs and preferences! For this recipe, you can get creative and there’s not much you can do to “mess it up”. If you prefer ground pork, go for it! Rotisserie chicken, barbecued chicken, or thinly sliced steak would ALL be delicious as a substitute for ground beef and you could easily swap out the rice for quinoa or cauliflower rice. You can also omit some of the spices and use pesto or your favorite bbq sauce instead. Happy creating your stuffed peppers!
As I mentioned above, these are the full meal deal! But I won’t say no to some crispy and delicious air fryer sweet potato fries on the side with my favorite dipping sauce or a fresh and healthy mediterranean cucumber salad to finish off the plate.
Stuffed Peppers FAQ
These peppers cook for only 10-12 minutes in the air fryer, plus a couple additional minutes for the cheese to melt at the end!
Absolutely! Just set the air fryer to low heat and heat them up for a bit. You could also reheat them in the oven or the microwave.
No, you don’t need to boil them first! These peppers will cook until they are fork tender in the air fryer without any boiling ahead of time!
more healthy air fryer meal recipes
- 1/2 Cup White rice (i used jasmine)
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 1/4 tsp Salt, divided
- 1/2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/3 Cup Onion, minced
- 1 Lb 93% ground beef
- 1 Cup Grated Mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh parsley, minced (+ additional for garnish)
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Fresh garlic, minced
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 15 oz Fire roasted crushed tomatoes
- 4 Very large red bell peppers * READ NOTES
- Combine the rice, water and 1/4 tsp of the salt in a large pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover and reduce the heat to simmer for 20 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan on medium high heat and cook the onion until it just begins to soften. Then, add in the beef and cook until no longer pink, breaking it up as you cook it.
- Once cooked, remove the beef from the heat and stir in the rice. Add in 1/2 cup of the cheese,the parsley, Italian seasoning, garlic, nutmeg and remaining 1 tsp of salt and mix well.
- Add in the crushed tomatoes and mix well.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and gently remove the seeds and membranes from inside.
- Place the peppers, cut side up, inside the mesh basket of your air fryer.
- Fill the peppers to the brim (they will be really full) with the filling.
- Cook on 360 degrees for 10-12 minutes, until the peppers seem fork tender but still have some crunch.
- Sprinkle on then rest of the cheese and cook another minute or two, until the cheese melts
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and DEVOUR!
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment