Make your own healthy, gluten free and paleo-friendly Chipotle Burrito Bowl at home with this quick and easy, 30 minute recipe! It’s perfect for busy weeknights and under 450 calories!
Welcome to this week’s episode of healthy-trendy-yummy food for your face!
Yep. Bowl food guys. Vegan smoothie bowls, Spaghetti Squash Bowls, Fish Tacos Bowls, even Cauliflower Alfredo “Lox Bagel” Breakfast Bowls. There’s all kinds of bowls out there. Aaaaand, all the cool kids are doing them.
So, we’re gonna ride that train all the wayyyy down to FLAVAH town and put a bunch of tasty things inside ONE BIG bowl to create a gigantic mish-mish of deliciousness. Kind of like how the transformers joint 2gether to create one super-hero-type-awesome thing. Except the food version.
Aaanndd without all the explosions and mechanics and stuff.
Whatever, you get it.
ANYWAY. It’s your most favorite day of the month where you get 5 incr-EDIBLE recipes when you T-H-I-N-K you’re only getting one! My blogging girlfraaaands and I are bringing you 5 paleo-friendly healthy 30 minute meals that are in bowls! Because, we’re ultra-hip and modern like THAT.
Here’s are the easy paleo dinner recipes:
Gina has some pretty Strawberry Coconut Polenta Breakfast Bowls! These protein packed polenta breakfast bowls are made with creamy coconut milk and filled with juicy ripe spring strawberries for a sweet start to the day. Click HERE to get the recipe!
Put that can of tuna in your pantry to good use with Brittany’s inexpensive, easy and flavorful Broccoli Avocado Tuna Bowl recipe! Click HERE to get the recipe!
Lexi has a Chicken Buddha Bowl with Spicy Mango Sauce! Throw together this flavorful chicken bowl packed with spicy broccoli, roasted sweet potato, avocado, and MORE. Top it with this light spicy mango sauce for a perfect and hearty lunch or dinner. Click HERE to get the recipe!
Now, my recipe. Fo’ realsies, you’re about to get really super excited because THIS VERY NIGHT, like, the one that you are going to have SOON, you can eat a chipotle burrito bowl.
BUT. You don’t have to leave your house. You can bask in the spicy chicken, creamy avocado and smoky charred corn glow in the comfort of your sweat pants and bunny slippers. Didn’t put on makeup today? NO PROB. Chipotle is STILL comin’ at you. *happy dances.*
You don’t even have to leave the house to get the spices because you can use this homemade fajita seasoning recipe!
Oh oh oh! Guess what. It’s also lacking the general carby-ness of the rice in the Chipotle burrito bowl because cilantro lime cauliflower rice . I mean, you could totally use real-person rice too. If you want. Just lettin’ you know that this paleo-friendly (!!!) and SUPER-nutritiously protein and VEGGIE packed bowl of burrito love has OPTIONS.
It’s basically the chose your own adventure of burrito bowls. You might even want to get crazy and take after the Grilled Cauliflower Rice Mexican Chicken Bowls and add GRILLED PINEAPPLE?
Too much? Maybe. BUT MAYBE NOT.
You gotta try to see.
P.s You are totally still a real person if you don’t use “real person” rice. I mean, I did the cauliflower thang too. Obvi, we can still be BESTIES.
In other news, here’s another option that you might like if you don’t follow a strict paleo diet: cheddar cheese.
Its nummy and you should DEFINITELY sprinkle that alllllll over this burrito bowl. It’ll do nice things to your face when you eat it. Like make it smile.
Don’t worry though, smiles without the cheese too. There’s ENOUGH to go around.
Funny story: as your eyeballs may have peeped, the above photos have the REAL cardboard Chipotle burrito bowls in them. This is not mandatory, but it does make them more fun to eat. If you’re thinking about it. (Psst: do it. Go to chipotle and STEAL bowls.)
But, just pretend you’re borrowing them for a really long time (forever) because stealing IS WRONG and I did NOT at all just tell you to do it mmkay?
Anyway. Clearly, I thought about it. And just HOW AWESOME they would make the pictures. BUT, there was no time for me to drive 30 mins to our nearest building of spicy-taco-burrito-YUM. So, I asked the Huberoni to go for me.
And, because I am the WORST PERSON TO BE MARRIED TO EVER I said “and don’t even think about ordering an actual burrito bowl while you’re there. Because when you get home I need to test a TOTALLY veggie-packed, light and healthy kale salad recipe with NO MEAT OR ANY KIND OF MAN-ISH FOOD AT ALL, kinda lunch of you.”
And. HE AGREED TO IT.
Part of me wonders if I am wrong to have trained him to be the perfect husband-of-a-food-blogger SO well, that I should feel guilty that I may have taken away his man card in the process.
But the other part of me is too busy planting my face into a bowl of spicy-creamy-smoky deliciousness to really think about it too hard.
- 1 Tbsp + 1 Tsp Olive oil divided
- 8 Oz Chicken breast
- 2 Tsp Taco seasoning I always make my own and I use THIS RECIPE
- 2 1/2 Cups Cauliflower cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup small onion thinly sliced (about 3/4 )
- 2 tsp Fresh garlic minced
- Salt and pepper
- 2/3 Cup Corn thawed if frozen, leave off for paleo option
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro minced (or more to taste)
- Juice of one large lime + additional for garnish
- 6 Tbsp Salsa of your choice
- 1/2 small avocado chopped into cubes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and heat 1 tsp of the olive oil on high heat in a large, oven-safe pan.
- Sprinkle each side of the chicken breasts with taco seasoning, making sure to really rub it into the chicken.
- Place the chicken into the hot pan and sear until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Flip and repeat until the other side is golden brown. Then, place the chicken into the oven and cook until no longer pink inside, about 20-25 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, place the cauliflower in the food processor and process until small and "rice-like"
- Heat 1/2 Tbsp of the remaining olive oil in a large pan on medium heat and add in the cauliflower. Cover the cauliflower with a lid and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 7-10 minutes.
- While the cauliflower cooks, heat the remaining 1/2 Tbsp of olive oil in a separate large pan on medium-high heat. Add the sliced pepper, onion and garlic. Season with a pinch of salt and apepper Cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally.This takes about 3-5 minutes.
- Heat a dry grill pan on high heat and cook the corn kernels until blackened and charred, this only takes a minute or two.
- Place the cooked cauliflower rice into a large bowl and add in the cilantro, lime juice and another pinch of salt and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
- Divide the cauliflower rice between two bowls, followed by the pepper/onion mixture and the corn. Then, divide the salsa and chopped avocado between the bowls.
- Finish by placing one of the cooked chicken breasts on each bowl, followed by another squeeze of fresh lime juice. *
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste and DEVOUR.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMARTPOINTS: 8 POINTS+: 11. OLD POINTS: 10
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more quick and easy, paleo meals?
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!