Just wanted to let you know this deconstructed, crazy-good breakfast is sponsored by the lovely people over at Udi’s Gluten Free, the makers of all things gluten free and delicious!
These gluten free breakfast bowls are a spin on the classic lox bagel, and use cauliflower Alfredo instead of cream cheese to keep them dairy free and healthy!
Legit SO excited for today.
Because, not only is there a recipe that is, liiiike, super yummy and will make your belly ULTRA happy and feel-good.
BUT, it also marks the start of BOWL WEEK with my BFF Lindsay of Cotter Crunch and my peeps over at Udi’s Gluten Free!
Thaaaaas right a WHOLE WEEK devoted to the coolest, most-trendiest trend: meals served in a BOWL. <– !!!
3 bowls of goodness x 2 bloggers = 6 BOWLS. In ONE WEEK.
Now you see why the need for !!! and even more words in ALL CAPS than usual.
To kick it all off we’re starting with something that sort of seemed obvious to do: BREAKFAST BOWLS.
Over at the fabulous Cotter Crunch, Lindsay is sharing these Toasted Panzanella Salad Bowls! Make sure you CLICK HERE to get her recipe!
Ohmigosh you guys. The bowl piled high with break-the-fast goodness that I am about to put in front of your hungry little morning selves is so crazy good I almost don’t want to tell you about it.
You know how I feel about sharing my food. AKA: ZERO AMOUNTS OF BEING A FAN OF IT.[Tweet “Start your day with a protein-packed #glutenfree Lox Bagel #Breakfast Bowl! @Udisglutenfree”]
BUT, because as we’ve determined in both the healthy orange pie and cucumber quinoa salad recipe, we are BFF of the internet land, so that means I will break my usual rule of no sharing and tell you all about each mouthful of tender spinach that mish-mashes with luscious, velvety-smooth scrambled eggs, CREAMY cauliflower alfredo and ends with a salty, smoky punch of salmon and briny, tangy capers. You know fish and eggs is good together because of the cod scrambled eggs!
WITH CRUNCHY UDI’S GLUTEN FREE EVERYTHING BAGEL CROUTONS.
Gluten-Free Bagels made into croutons. They are the latest and greatest thing that you need to somehow incorporate in all the meals that you even THINK about eating in your lives. Fer realz.
I mean, crispy-crunchy, flavor-PACKED carbs. If you don’t want that e’ry day, all day, then what are you doing with your life?
If you are a fancy person who has ever made the tasty decision to try a bagel and lox for breakfast, you may have picked up on those vibes in this bowl. It’s sort of what I was going for.
Except for the obvious deconstruction of the bagel and lack of cream cheese. WHICH, may I add, the (dairy-free!) cauliflower sauce makes up for in the most healthy, delicious, hidden-veggies-for-breakfast kinda way.
Fluffy, creamy scrambled eggs is also a very good life decision to add to the lox bagel vibes that are currently being spotted around this post. I mean, when are eggs not a good idea YOU KNOW? Especially when they are bursting with fresh dill that mingles with every bite of salty, tender salmon in a way that can ONLY make your taste buds say YAY.
Didn’t mean to rhyme. But we’re bowlin’ with it. <– like “rollin.” You know.
This deconstructed-creamy-eggy bowl with nutritious GREENS (superfood spinach represent!) is one of those recipes that you’re, hands down, going to add to your weekly breakfast rotation.
BUT THEN THIS HAPPENED. And, I pinky promise you that this SAVORY breakfast with its good-for-you, protein-packed ways might even just trump dessert for breakfast.
Would I steer my internet BFF wrong?
The only way you can determine the correct answer to that would be to R-U-N to your kitchen, ummm, NOW and test the theory for yourself.
But, really. Creamy eggs. Salty salmon. Tangy Capers. BAGEL CROUTONS.
Here’s to you breaking out of your boring routine and mixing up your morning breakfast vibes.
YOU GOT DIS.
Cauliflower Alfredo "Lox Bagel" Breakfast Bowls
- 1 Cup + 2 Tbsp water divided
- 1 Cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 Cups Cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 Tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1/4 Cup Onion roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Udi's Gluten Free Everything bagel
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 tsp Roughly chopped fresh dill packed + additional for garnish
- 3 Cups Spinach packed
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Capers
- 3 Oz Smoked salmon
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large pot, bring 1 cup of the water, as well as the chicken broth to a boil. Once boiling, add in the cauliflower, cover, and cook until the cauliflower is fork-tender (about 10 minutes.)
- While the cauliflower cooks, heat 1 tsp of the olive oil (reserving the rest for later) in a small pan set over medium/high heat. Add in the onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown. Transfer to a SMALL food processor (mine is 3 cups.)
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cooked cauliflower into the food processor, along with 1 Tbsp of the cooking liquid. Process until smooth and creamy, scraping the sides down as necessary. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cut the bagel into 1 inch cubes (I made 2 vertical cuts and 3 horizontal cuts) and place into a medium bowl.
- Add in the remaining 2 tsp of olive oil and toss to evenly coat the bread. Spread the cubes in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake until lightly golden brown and toasted, about 6-7 minutes.
- While the bread cooks, whisk together the eggs, remaining 2 Tbsp of water, fresh dill and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Gently pour the eggs back into the pan that you cooked the onion/garlic in (this gives them lots of flavor) and heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring frequently, until the eggs are creamy and ALMOST set. Divide between two bowls and cover to keep warm. The key to soft scrambled eggs is to cook them when they're still a little runny, as they cook more while cooling.
- Add the spinach into the same pan, turn the heat to medium, cover, and cook until the spinach just begins to wilt, about 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the spinach between the two bowls, followed by the cauliflower sauce. Finally, divide the capers, salmon and some extra fresh dill between the bowls.
- Divide the bagel croutons on top of the bowls and DEVOUR.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Udi’s Gluten Free. The opinions and text are all mine.
Keep in touch with Udi’s Gluten Free on social media for more delicious ideas: Facebook / Twitter/Instagram/Pinterest
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMARTPOINTS: 10 POINTS+: 10. OLD POINTS: 8
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more cauliflower alfredo?
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!