This Banana Split Vegan smoothie Bowl is made with only 5 ingredients, ready in 5 minutes, tastes like a banana split, and is secretly healthy enough for breakfast!
Bowls of creamy, frosty banana goodness piled HIGH with crunchy, toast-a-licious peanuts, fresh, ripe strawberries and HEALTHY chunks of chocolate.
This vegan smoothie bowl, my friends, is like that second grade birthday party that you threw where the kids ran around like crazy, threw candy everywhere, and your mom is still picking sprinkles out her hair… but it was the greatest time EVER.
Except, it’s like that… but for your taste buds. Growing up is scary guys, and sometimes you just need a recipe that takes you back to the good ol’ days where you spent your time munching your way through Circus Animal Ice cream Cake am I right?
Sidenote: you should also try making baked bananas to put on top instead of plain bananas…adds a WHOLE LEVEL of goodness.
Anywho, that is where this banana split smoothie bowl steps its fun-filled, creamy little feet in. Please stop peering at me with those questioning little eyeballs of yours. I KNOW bananas don’t have feet.
That would just be awkward.
Why you will LOVE this Smoothie Bowl
Smoothies are always a good idea, IMO. Throw one together in the blender and then slurp it up- it’s a healthy and delicious meal/snack for literally any time of day! I love blending up a tall banana cashew flax smoothie in the mornings, or for a snack mid day. BUT have you heard of smoothie bowls!? They bring all that smoothie goodness but you can add TOPPINGS, like my avocado smoothie bowl and THIS smoothie bowl recipe I’ve got for you today! It tastes like dessert, you can get as creative as you want with toppings, and it’s also kid friendly which is always a win!
Vegan Smoothie Bowl Ingredients
Smoothies don’t have to be complicated. In fact, most of my smoothie recipes here on the blog are quick, easy, and don’t use many ingredients! For this healthy smoothie bowl, you will need:
- Frozen Bananas, sliced into chunks
- Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Strawberries, sliced
- Roasted Peanuts, roughly chopped
- Vegan Chocolate, roughly chopped
- Sprinkles (optional)
How to freeze bananas for smoothies
Freezing bananas for smoothies is easy and will make your smoothies cool, creamy, and sweet! When your bananas are quite ripe and you want to save them, check out how to freeze bananas in a few simple steps:
- Peel and Slice the bananas into coins. I usually make my coins about ½ an inch thick!
- Lay the banana slices out on a large baking sheet so that none of them overlap. This is very important so that they do not all freeze together in one big clump!
- Freeze the banana coins for a few hours or longer, until they are frozen solid. Store the bananas in a zip lock freezer bag until ready to use! EASY PEASY!
How to Make a Vegan Smoothie Bowl
Ok so how simple is that list of ingredients!? You may already have everything you need kicking around your kitchen! Now that we’ve established how easy and deliciously cool and creamy this recipe is, it’s time to put the ingredients together and see how to make a smoothie bowl!
Place the roughly chopped banana chunks into a blender along with the almond milk and blend until thick and creamy.
Add the Toppings!
Divide the thick smoothie mixture in between two bowls. Top each bowl with an equal amount of crushed peanuts, chocolate, and sprinkles (if you choose to use them).
Dunk in your spoon and DEVOUR! Add more toppings if you so desire as needed!
Can you freeze a Smoothie Bowl for later?
If you didn’t finish your smoothie bowl or made a lot on purpose to save for later, you absolutely can! I recommend storing your smoothie bowl in the freezer without any toppings on it in an airtight container. When you’re ready to enjoy it, simply allow it to thaw a little bit and then toss it back in the blender to smooth it out again! Finally, finish it off with desired toppings and enjoy!
- 2 Frozen Bananas Roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk *
- 1/2 cup Strawberries Sliced
- 2 tablespoons Roasted Peanuts Roughly chopped**
- 2 tablespoons Vegan Chocolate Roughly chopped***
- Sprinkles Optional if not Paleo or Vegan
- Place the roughly chopped bananas and almond milk into a blender and blend until thick, smooth and creamy.
- Divide the smoothie between the 2 bowls and top with sliced strawberries, roasted peanuts, chocolate and optional sprinkles.
Tips & Notes:
** Use cashews or almonds for Paleo version
*** You could also use cacoa nibs or dark chocolate. for Paleo version
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.