All 30 of these whole30 recipes are easy, delicious and perfect for families! Plus, learn 15 tips to make these 30 days more manageable!
PIN WHOLE30 RECIPES AND TIPS
We’re talking about whole30 and it’s the middle of DECEMBER.
Buuut, January is COMING friends.
And, I know a LOT of you are planning a January whole30.
What is whole30?
The whole30 program is a 30 day program where you strip certain foods – like sugar, grains, dairy and legumes – out of your diet. These foods CAN have a negative impact on health and fitness without even knowing it, so the point is to eliminate them completely for 30 days and let your body heal. It’s like pushing the RESET BUTTON on your diet and allows you to really learn how the foods you eat day to day affect you.
Truth be told, I’ve never done a whole30 myself and don’t plan on it. Partially because I already eat quite healthy and also because I am trying to teach myself to include ALL foods in my diet, without limitations and restrictions. So, doing a whole30 kind of defeats that purpose.
BUT. I know MANY people who’ve done it. Lived through it. AND have tips to make YOURS easier.
So, I talked to them.
All 15 of the tips below are from people who have actually done the whole30 successfully, and these are the things they did that got them through it, making it a WHOLE lot more manageable. I also got them to share their favorite whole30 recipes that they ate during the 30 days!
Plus, I’m sharing some the whole30 compliant recipes here on FFF as well! I hope that this makes your January a heck of a lot easier!
15 Whole30 Tips from people who’ve done it:
- Meal prep is absolutely KEY – when you meal prep, you don’t have to worry about what you’re going to take for lunch or eat for breakfast. you just grab and go!
- Plan ahead – PLAN. PLAN. PLAN. Make your grocery list for at least a week at a time, then shop for only those items. This keeps you on track and less stressed. WHO DOESN’T LOVE LESS STRESS??
- Condiments are life – liven your meals up with condiments. Sone of them you won’t be able to buy, but you are able to make them homemade and they are SUPER YUMMY!
- Freeze Chicken broth – This will help when you reheat your meals, it adds flavor and moisture. Keeping those good foods yummy is the only way to go!
- Stock your pantry – remember when I said only shop for things that you need for the week? This is the exception, make sure you have plenty of snacks, and that those things you use ALL the time are stocked in your pantry, so you don’t have to make extra trips to the store during the week.
- Make meals from leftovers and prepped ingredients instead of composed recipes. – let’s be honest, eating healthy is expensive, but SO worth it. Try your hardest to re-use your leftovers – even if you want to make a completely new dish.
- Stick to the classics – don’t try and create new things, make the things you love within the parameters. This tip is good especially when you have a family, that way everyone eats it!
- Section off your pantry – this tip is helpful if there are people in your house that aren’t doing the WHOLE30 with you. It will help you stay on track, sometimes you’ll find yourself wondering through the pantry, but if you have your own place, you can eat stuff from your side of the pantry.
- Meat is your new best friend – meat is packed full of protein, which keeps us full longer and it is so versatile.
- Find an alternative to alcohol – find a drink or something similar, something that takes you to paradise.
- When you’re feeling frustrated, go back to they why you’re doing it. – its always important to tie in a why with your what. On the hard days, keep telling yourself why you’re doing it.
- Guacamole and plantain chips – this is a fan favorite for a snack, when you can’t stunt that craving.
- unsweetened apple sauce – need something that is yummy, natural and super easy. APPLE SAUCE.
- go out still – having a social life is super important to staying healthy
- make foods with different textures – this will help with not getting stuck in a rut of eating the same foods each day. Some days will feel like you have only eating the same foods, but making them in different textures gets rid of the monotony.
Whole30 Compliant Recipes to get you through the 30 days
These Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Bites with Sweet and Sour Sauce are salty, sweet and so addicting! They’re An easy, healthy, paleo and whole30 appetizer!
This mango chicken is served over coconut cauliflower rice for a quick, easy and healthy spin on take-out that is ready in 30 mins! It’s whole 30 approved and paleo friendly too!
This creamy Jerk Shrimp Stew uses coconut milk, pineapples and bold flavors for a healthy, weeknight meal that is paleo friendly and whole 30 compliant!
These zucchini noodles are mixed with creamy pesto and then topped with fried eggs. It’s an easy, light and healthy, meatless weeknight dinner that is paleo-friendly!
These sticky slow cooker chicken wings are bursting with Asian flavor! You’d never know they’re a healthier, paleo and whole30 compliant appetizer!
This quick and easy one-pan, 30 minute Moroccan chicken skillet is LOADED with spicy-sweet flavor. It’s a gluten free, paleo friendly and whole30 compliant weeknight dinner!
This whole30 approved slow cooker mango chicken has a sweet, tropical sauce and sweet potatoes! It’s a healthy, one pot meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights!
This easy, roasted acorn squash soup is bursting with spicy, Moroccan flavor and is sweetened with dates! It’s a healthy, whole30 compliant, paleo and vegan friendly meal for only 200 calories!
This paleo orange chicken is so much better and healthier than takeout! It’s a quick and easy, whole30 compliant dinner that the whole family will love!
These Mexican stuffed sweet potatoes have a runny egg and a tangy lime avocado sauce! They’re a healthy, gluten free and whole30 friendly weeknight meal!
This quick and easy one pot curry beef and broccoli has creamy coconut milk and cashew butter! It’s a healthy, low carb and whole30 approved weeknight meal!
This low carb Greek healthy broccoli salad is so creamy you’ll never know it’s vegan and paleo friendly and whole30 compliant! It’s an easy, healthy side dish that’s perfect for spring potlucks!
This easy Thai chicken skillet has all the classic flavors of Larb Gai, but in a one-pot, healthy, low carb and whole30 approved weeknight dinner that is only 200 calories!
This quick and easy, gluten free Shakshuka recipe has a little, spicy Mexican twist! It’s a lower carb, healthy and whole30 compliant dinner or breakfast!
This low carb, gluten free cumin healthy chicken stir fry has creamy coconut, coriander and cardamom! Add broccoli and carrot noodles for a quick and easy, paleo and whole30 weeknight dinner!
This healthy, sweet and spicy firecracker pineapple chicken is way better than takeout! A gluten free, paleo and whole30 dinner that everyone will love!
These gluten free, keto paleo cauliflower tater tots are so crispy and crunchy you will never believe they’re low carb and made from veggies! Even your kids will love them!
This easy paleo hamburger soup is made in the slow cooker for a gluten free and whole30 dinner that the whole family will love! Makes great leftovers too!
This Crockpot Paleo Chicken Noodle Soup has a Thai spin! It uses butternut squash noodles so it’s gluten and grain free and perfect for cold evenings!
This whole30 compliant Easy Healthy Cashew Chicken is flavored with curry, and is made all on one sheet! It’s a healthy weeknight meal everyone will love!
These low carb Easy Paleo Italian Meatballs In The Instant Pot are made with chicken and taste like pasta primavera! A healthy, gluten free and whole30 meal for only 300 calories!
These Whole30 Sweet and Sour Paleo Meatballs are a healthy spin of a classic recipe that is gluten and sugar free! A crowd-pleasing weeknight meal!