This quick and easy one-pan, 30 minute Moroccan chicken skillet is LOADED with spicy-sweet flavor. It’s a gluten free, paleo friendly and whole30 compliant weeknight dinner!
Can you relate to this imaginary person that I am about to paint you a word-picture of:
You work hard all day long. You get home. Your feet are sore from being that super awesome human who gave it her ALL at the office today.
But, MY GOSH, your hungry little mouth is, UHMMM, REALLY HUNGRY. Like, NOW.
Do you have the energy to cook? NOPE. But do you realllllllly want to eat leftover slow cooker oatmeal from your breakfast? NOPE, the sequel.
IS THIS IS YOUR LIFE? Maybe it’s just mine? Minus the office part of course. Aaand I also wouldn’t mind eating leftover oatmeal for dinner.
BUT THAT IS BESIDE THE POINT.
What this fictitious person (I’m actually REALLY looking at YOU!) needs is some healthy, one-pot meals that go from start à finish in 30 MINUTES. Just thirty. 3-0. Your starving-person-self can handle a measly 30 minutes knowing that it’s going to end in a little piece of food heaven and keeps your tummy feeling comfy-cozy full for the rest of the evening amIright?
It’s another paleo round-up time! This month my blogging gals and I are bringing you 6 Paleo-friendly, 30 minute, one-pot meal ideas! Here’s what they’re bringing.
Lee has these Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps! Looking for a high-protein, low-carb dinner? Make these Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps in under 30-minutes! Click HERE to get the recipe!
Davida has this Sweet Potato Noodle Pad Thai. Swap the rice noodles for sweet potato in this healthy Sweet Potato Noodle Pad Thai. This tangy and spicy thai recipe makes an easy 30-minute, one-pot meal for weekday dinners! Click HERE to get the recipe!
Gina has this Smoky Steak, Potato and Pepper Skillet! This smoky steak potato and pepper skillet is an easy one-pan dinner, ready in just 40 minutes. Toss everything together in the skillet, stick it in the oven and forget about it! Click HERE to get the recipe!
Brittany has this Curried Shakshuka! This curried shakshuka, a healthy one-pan dish with poached eggs in a flavorful tomato sauce, comes together quickly and can be served any time of the day! Click HERE to get the recipe!
Lexi has this Lemon Garlic Chicken Rice Skillet. This Lemon Garlic Chicken Skillet is an easy and delicious one-pan dinner! It’s the perfect meal that’s loaded with creamy flavors, plenty of leftovers, and non of the clean up! Click HERE to get the recipe!
Anyway. This video is going to show how to make one of my most favorite creations TO DATE. Since, there are hundreds of recipes in this piece of internet land, that is a BOLD STATEMENT. But, just take one tinsy taste of all the spicy-sweet YUM going on here, and I am about 110% positive that your tastebuds are going to be majorly high-fiving your tastebuds for having the smart-person-thinking-ability to listen to my bold statmenet.
We’re talking one big pot of steaming, juicy chicken breast, tender-crisp carrots, cauliflower and onions all mish-mashed together with chewy, sweet dates, crunchy-roasty pistachios and this crazy-addicting sauce that mingles acidic tomatoes with bright, fruity oranges and then drops a flavor BOMB of spicy cinnamon, cumin, ginger, allspice and paprika.
Oh yeah. And cucumber. Because after your taste buds get punched square in their faces with all of THAT, they’re gonna need a crispy-refreshing bite to just calm them alllll back down.
You guys. Can you even GRASP all the flavors, textures and just general goodness coming out of ONE SKILLET.
While you attempt to do so, let me just drop ONE MORE bomb on you: its whole30 compliant. Liiike, no grains, no sugar. Just lean-mean-make-you-a-fighting-machine (what?) chicken breast and good-fer-you veggies.
I feel like you and I are on the same page here.
And, that is that we’re both feelin’ PRETTY confident that this stupid-simple, one-skillet Moroccan Chicken is a solid 10 on the super-yummy-healthy-weeknight-dinner scale.
Paleo 30 Minute Moroccan Chicken Skillet
This quick and easy one-pan, 30 minute Moroccan chicken skillet is LOADED with spicy-sweet flavor. It's a gluten free, paleo friendly and whole30 compliant weeknight dinner!
- 8 oz Chicken breast about 2 small breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive oil
- 2 Cups Cauliflower cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3/4 Cup Carrot sliced (about 1 large carrot)
- 1/2 Cup Sweet onion roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp Fresh ginger minced
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/8 tsp Ground Allspice
- 3/4 Cup Orange juice not from concentrate
- 1/2 Cup Crushed tomatoes
- 2 Medjool Dates sliced
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro minced + additional for garnish
- 2 Tbsp Roasted pistachios roughly chopped
- 1/2 A small cucumber thinly sliced
- Using a meat mallet (or a rolling pin) pound out the chicken breasts until they are flat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat up the olive oil in a large skillet on medium/high heat. Cook the chicken breast until golden brown, about 1-1.5 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side. Transfer to a plate.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the cauliflower, carrot, onion, ginger, cumin, cinnamon, paprika, and Allspice to the pan. Cook, stirring frequently, until the veggies just begin to soften and the spices are fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the orange juice, crushed tomatoes and sliced dates. Turn the heat up to high and bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, stirring frequently, until the sauce begins to reduce and thicken, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken back into the pan, nestling it into the veggies and spooning some sauce over top. Cover and reduce the heat to medium/low. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink inside, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro and divide the chicken between two plates. Top each with the chopped pistachios and place the sliced cucumbers on the side.
- Garnish with extra cilantro, if desired, and DEVOUR.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?If you try this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @foodfaithfit, using the hashtag #foodfaithfitness
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMARTPOINTS: 7 POINTS+: 11. OLD POINTS: 9
Want more quick and easy paleo dinners?
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!