This Easy Low carb Keto Mug Cake is a healthy, gluten free and sugar free 5 minute dessert that is fluffy, moist and so delicious!
PIN Easy Low Carb Keto Mug Cake
I Love Mug Cakes!
Honestly friends, is there anything better than having cake in a cup in under 5 minutes? No need to spend hours waiting for your paleo chocolate avocado cake to cool and frost, which means you get to eat cake RIGHT NOW.
Whether it’s an easy banana bread in a mug cake, coconut flour chocolate paleo mug cake or even getting crazy and nixing the eggs to make a vegan coconut flour mug cake, I am HERE FOR MUG CAKE MAYHEM.
And this keto mug cake recipe is no different!
Low Carb Keto Mug Cake Ingredients
If you want to make a keto cake in a cup, you will need to gather a few simple ingredients first:
- Coconut flour
- Cocoa powder (or nix this if you don’t want a keto chocolate mug cake and would rather go vanilla)
- Baking powder
- Almond Milk
- Coconut Oil
- Egg yolks
- Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
What are keto sweeteners?
To make this low carb keto mug cake, and really any “keto desserts” you will need to use a keto approved sweetener. A list of these the most popular sugar free sweeteners is:
- Stevia – my personal favorite for sweetening non-baked goods.
- Monkfruit – like we are using in this coconut flour mug cake
- Erythritol – such as Swerve which is perfect for a sugar free no bake keto cheesecake
You could probably play with using all these sweeteners in this mug cake, but some will be a little different than monkfruit, so you will need to play around.
You could also use coconut sugar if you are not low carb (like me!) Sometimes my body feels better eating something sugar free and sometimes I like to use a less refined sugar like coconut sugar – it really changes day to day!
How to Make Low Carb Keto Mug Cake
This is probably one of the easiest, quickest keto desserts that you could ever make. If you have a few times and a microwave, then you are on your way!
Whisk all the dry ingredients together in a small bowl and then the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk until smooth, stirring in the sugar free chocolate chips.
Transfer it to a LARGE mug and smooth out the top.
Microwave for 2-3 minutes until there are no uncooked spots that are larger than a dime.
See? This mug cake is here for you when you really want something sweet but have ZERO patience.
So, like, always?
Mug Cake Toppings
This low carb keto mug cake is totally delicious on its own, but if you want to REALLY pump up the flavor, you could add a few toppings:
- Coconut whipped cream
- Peanut butter, cashew butter, coconut butter or almond butter
- A few diced strawberries
- Extra melted chocolate
It really depends on how luxurious you’re feeling but any of those toppings does come HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
Because you, my friend, are extra special and you deserve a little cup of cake that is EXTRA too.
Other Healthy Low Carb Desserts
Easy Low carb Keto Mug Cake
- In a small bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients (everything up to the milk.)
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients except the chocolate chips. Pour into the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth. Stir in the chips.
- Transfer to a large mug (at least 14-16oz) and spread evenly.
- Cook until the top is set and any wet spots are no larger than a dime. This was about 2 mins and 30 seconds in my 1000-watt microwave
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMARTPOINTS: 12 POINTS+: 8. OLD POINTS: 7
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!