Want banana bread right now? Yes you do! Make this 5 minute, healthy, gluten free and paleo friendly Easy Banana Bread in a Mug Cake Recipe!
PIN Easy Banana Bread in a Mug Cake Recipe
Pros about banana bread:
- It’s banana bread
- It’s delicious
- Uh, duh, BANANA BREAD
Cons about banana bread:
- You have to pre-plan it and make sure you have ripe bananas
- It takes a RLY RLY long time to bake
- AFTER you wait SO long for it bake, it has to cool for basically EVER
You and I both know that you can’t just go from 1 to 10 on the scale of “don’t want paleo banana bread” to “BANANA BREAD RIGHT NOW AND NO ONE GETS HURT” instantly because it takes TIME and PLANNING to make classic banana bread happen.
Good thing this is a banana bread in a MUG recipe.
That is right my internet friends. All the best parts of paleo banana bread and a coconut flour mug cake in ONE so that you can ask the question “who has two thumbs and can chose to eat coconut flour banana bread RN, with ZERO prep?”
And answer: THIS GIRL (or guy.)
TBH, I am not really sure if you would ask that question but let’s not get hung up on the details.
The beauty of the banana bread mug cake is that it has bananas, which are fruit (duh), which makes it socially acceptable to make for breakfast. How-EV-er, it’s also a cake, which means you could eat it for dessert.
Basically, this microwave banana mug cake spans ALL spectrums off your food-eating-real-person life and has the ability to bring you SO much joy at any time of the day. Even if you chose to live on the edge! Tap into your rebellious side! And (GASP!) make this ultra-super EASY banana bread in a mug cake recipe for DINNER, you would still be happy.
The joy of banana bread in 3 minutes really does know NO bounds my internet friends
In other news, unlike fancy-and-HARD-sounding paleo banana bread cake with chocolate almond ganache, mug cakes are the easiest, most-idiot proof cakes that you will ever make. Period. END OF STORY.
How to Make a Mug Cake
Like the microwave strawberry protein mug cake, this one is VERY easy to make!
- Mix the dry ingredients for your mug cake in a small bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together all of your wet ingredients until smooth. Then, stir in your mashed banana until well mixed.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet until well combined
- Transfer to a LARGE mug! The size of your mug is key to making the best mug cake because they rise A LOT. No tiny 8oz mugs cake. I like short, wide mugs that are around 16oz
- Cook until the top has risen and set, and any wet spots are no bigger than dimes. This will vary based on the wattage of your microwave, so keep your eyes peeled!
Get it. Peeled? Like bananas.
That’s IT. Then you get to go to TOWN and bask in the warm banana bread glow of the current cake situation that you find yourself in.
I think you’re going to find it very aPEELing.
I also shared the easy banana bread mug cake recipe on Food Fanatic, so be sure to check it out there!
Other Recipes You Might Like:
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 11 POINTS+: 10. OLD POINTS: 6
STAY IN DA KNOW WITH THINGS GOING ON AT FFF (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!