Just a heads up that is AMAZING 2-desserts-in-1 recipe is sponsored by my awesome friends over at Love With Food! You’re gonna love their snack boxes!
Have cookies IN your cake with this easy, gluten free vegan mug cake that’s mixed with crumbled up lemon macaroons. It’s a healthy dessert that’s ready in under 5 minutes!
I am about to type a sentence that is gonna make your hungry mouth very happy:
Gluten Free Cake. In 5 MINUTES.
CAKE (in 5 minutes!!) that is mixed with COOKIES.
Totally and utterly in major <3<3<3 with everything about this (vegan-friendly!) Ridiculously simple, sweet and tangy lemon-flavored deliciousness happening inside this mug of happiness.
SRSLY. I thought that my morning mug of coffee (with an oatmeal breakfast bar) was my happy place. But then I mixed almond flour and coconut flour and drizzled in a splash of sour lemon that placed RLY RLY nice with sticky-sweet agave, creamy almond butter and LEMON GINGER MACAROONS.
Move over coffee + breakfast bar combo. Vegan mug cake is IN DA HOUSE.
Hey coffee…don’t move TOO far though. I still need you to, you know, function. You understand this.
OH MY GOSH. <– HAVING A REVELATION ALERT: What if you had a mug of coffee WITH a tender, soft mug cake mixed with chewy, spicy-sweet, crumbled up coconut-y macaroons. Too much?
ANYWAY. There are a few fun facts that you need to know about this magical “cookies in a mug cake recipe” hybrid (aka your new favorite snack EVER):
- It’s a snack. MADE OF OTHER SNACKS. Because why snack once when you could do it MULTIPLE TIMES in ONE bite.
Go big or GO HOME my peeps.
- I made aforementioned snackinasnack from fun, tasty products that I got inside my Gluten Free Love with Food Snack Box!
Ps. are we saying the word “snack” too much? Is there such thing as too much snackin’? I’m voting “no” on this important life topic.
So, Love with Food. Their motto is “snack smart and do good.” I meannnnn, who does not agree to such a saying amIright? They’re going to help Y-O-U get through the so-hungry-imma-heat-my-arm feelin’s that happen between lunch and dinner because they discover SUPER YUMMY organic, all-natural or gluten-free snacks and then deliver them to your door monthly.
AND IN A FUN RED BOX.
Think of them as the Santa of snacks. And when you open your door to this foodie gift, you’re going to get ALL THE FEELS that you get on Christmas morning.
But, EVERY. SINGLE. MONTH.
Just when you thought it could not get one ounce better lemme just tell you this: they even donate a portion of the proceeds to help fight childhood hunger in the U.S and around the world.
S-E-E? “Snack smart. Do good.” It’s a REAL THING YO’.
You know what else is real? My love for the raw + chia Barney Butter almond butter and the Emmy’s Organics Lemon Ginger Macaroons that I found in my last snack box. These macaroons though.
Like, HOLY YUMMY IN MY TUMMY.
They’re tender, chewy, super sweet but a little tangy and basically the world’s most perfect raw cookie that has ever existed in this galaxy. Big shoes to fill, these little cookies have.
But, they FILL THEM JUST FIIIIINE.
And inside a mug cake?
It’ll fill YOU even FIIIIIINE-R
Just go with it.
Vegan Mug Cake with Lemon Macaroons
- 1/4 Cup + 3 Tbsp Almond flour
- 1 Tbsp Coconut flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tbsp Barney Butter Raw + Chia Almond Butter The whole snack packet from your box
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 Tbsp Agave
- 1 tsp Raw Vanilla extract
- 3 Emmy's Organics Lemon Ginger Macaroons 1 package
- Rub 2 8 oz mugs with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut flour and a pinch of salt.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the water, lemon juice and baking powder until frothy. Add in the almond butter, apple sauce, agave and vanilla and whisk until smooth and combined.
- Stir into the flour mixture until well combined.
- Crumble up 2 of the macaroons and gently fold them into the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 2 mugs and gently out evenly.
- Microwave for 2 minutes* at full power, or until the cake feels set and begins to just pull away from the sides of the mug. Note that it won't rise a ton as there are no eggs.
- Crumble the remaining macaroon up and divide between the two cups.
Recipe Notes*Please note that ALL microwaves are different, which can yield different results and can overcook/undercook this mug cake if you aren't careful. My microwave is 950 watts and I cooked mine on 100% power for 2 minutes, as stated in the recipe. Knowing this information, it may help you better judge how long to cook yours for and at what power!
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
- Emmy's Organic's Lemon Ginger Macaroons
- Barney Butter Raw & Chia Almond Butter
- Almond Flour
- Mixing Bowls
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT LOVE WITH FOOD. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
If you want to try out Love with Food’s AWESOME snack box subscription service, make sure you CLICK HERE to sign up and receive 50% off your first Gluten Free Box! YAY!
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: SmartPoints: 16 Points+: 9. Old Points: 11
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more vegan desserts?