This Green Cranberry Pistachio Bread is an easy, quick bread that is sweet and soft and secretly a little bit better for you! A great snack or breakfast!
PIN Green Cranberry Pistachio Bread
I probably should have waited until Christmas to post green and red food.
BUT, it’s soon enough right? You don’t mind a green and red pistachio bread recipe in October right?
Please say yes.
Cranberry Pistachio Bread Love
When you take a bite of this EASY loaf, you will understand why I am giving it to you in October.
It’s seriously moist and tender BUT you would never know that it’s whole grain and a little better for you. A big thank you to my favorite whole wheat pastry flour, that we also used in the sugar free angel food cake and healthy whole wheat avocado chocolate chip cookies, for that!
This bread has this underlying flavor of sweet pistachios that dance across your tongue with chewy, tangy cranberries and ends with a CRUNCHY double dose of pistachio goodness that is honestly just such a good combo I don’t even know if you will be able to handle it.
But, you did just fine with the cranberry pistachio gluten free shortbread cookies so something tells me you will do just fine with bread.
The Elephant In the Recipe
Before we even dive into this bread, let’s just talk about the elephant in the recipe: the pudding mix.
I do try to make my recipes of mostly less processed, whole food ingredients. But, this is an update of a very old recipe – probably about 6 years ago – and I had used pudding mix in it. I toyed with the idea of revamping the recipe without it, but it does add a really yummy, sweet, pistachio flavor that I love.
Because I also believe in food freedom, I decided to leave it in. Do I eat pistachio pudding mix regularly? Nope. But is it going to kill you to add it to this bread to make it extra delicious? HECK NO.
Cranberry Pistachio Bread Ingredients
To make this wholesome little dessert-like bread you will need:
- Whole wheat pastry flour
- Raw cane sugar
- Pudding Mix
- Ginger powder
- Dried Cranberries
- Roasted Salted Pistachios
- Almond milk
- Greek yogurt
- The usual baking suspects: salt and baking powder
How to Make Cranberry Pistachio Bread
Chop the cranberries and pistachios and set aside.
Mix your dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Then, in a separate large bowl, mix your wet ingredients.
Combine your wet and dry ingredients and stir JUST until moistened. If you over mix your batter will be dense and not good.
Pour into your parchment lined loaf pan and sprinkle with the rest of the pistachios. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 1 to 1.5 hours. This bread takes a while to bake!
Cool in the pan COMPLETELY and then slice and EAT!
How to Freeze
Because you don’t want all the slices to freeze together in a big mess, I have some freezing tricks for you.
- Slice the loaf and place all the slices on a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Freeze the slices until they are hard- about 2-3 hours
- Transfer all the slices into an air-tight container, mark the freezing date on them and freeze for up to 3 months!
If they make it that long, that is.
Sweet, tart and a little crunchy.
This bread has got your name all over it!
Other Healthy Bread Recipes
Green Cranberry Pistachio Bread
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour (256g)
- 1 1/2 Cups Raw organic cane sugar
- 1 Package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Ginger powder
- 1 Cup Dried cranberries. diced
- 1/2 Cups Roasted salted pistachio, roughly chopped and divided
- 1.5 Cups Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp 2% Plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees and spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix all your dry ingredients: Whole wheat pastry flour, sugar, pudding mix, salt, baking powder and ginger. Stir in the diced cranberries and 1/4 cup of the diced pistachios. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the milk, yogurt, eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet a little at a time.
- Stir just until moistened and you do not see streaks of flour. Do not overmix!
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup chopped pistachios.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 30 mins, until golden and a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan COMPLETELY.
- Once it is completely cooled, slice and DEVOUR!
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS:11 POINTS+: 6. OLD POINTS: 4
(per 1 slice, based off the recipe making 14)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!