This healthy french toast recipe is very high in protein and so quick, easy and LOADED with chocolate and peanut butter! Your new favorite breakfast!
I feel like I should start a new hashtag to replace #Meatlessmonday.
I am thinking of starting #breakfastmonday. I mean, we ate gluten free Pancake Parfaits LAST Monday, microwave peanut protein pancakes the Monday before that, and now today I am stuffing healthy French toast all up in yer grill.
That is Nelly speak for “putting healthy French toast in your mouth.”
Should I start wearing a band aid on my cheek? If I did it would totally be a Hello Kitty one. Just in case you wanted to know my band aid-u-lar preferences.
I have a question for you and it goes something like this: Why the heck is French toast called FRENCH toast? The last time I checked, it doesn’t wear a beret, paint pretty pictures or have an accent. Not that it, you know, talks to me or anything. I’m just being hypothetical.
These are the things that keep me up at night.
I also can’t confirm that they keep The Hubskerdoodle up too. Because, I can’t seek the answers to REALLY important life questions alone.
He loves me. Maybe.
Speaking off the critter that made the poor life choice to put a ring on this crazy ladies finger (side note: Don’t tell him that I called him a critter) that oozy, drippy, OMG YUM peanut butter that you see sliding down the side of the stack ‘o carby toasty goodness? That was his idea.
The first time that I made him French toast, he slathered it in Peanut Butter. I was totally offended because I thought he just didn’t like the way my trying-to-be-a-good-wife-and-make-you-the-best-breakfast-ever breakfast tasted.
But then he told me that he grew up doing that. So I got over it.
Sort of. I can’t confirm or deny that I might bring it up mid-argument in about 7.9 years.
I’m a wife. We have this uncanny ability to remember ALL the offences. AmIright?
Storing my bitterness away for above mentioned later date, I actually tried his little creation.
And my taste buds WENT OMG PEANUT BUTTER KABOOM. RIGHT off my face.
Except they were missing one thing: Chocolate. Because what is chocolate without peanut butter?
Well, it’s delicious. But it’s MORE delicious with chocolate. You get it.
I decided to make a breakfast riff of my favorite bed time snack (this chocolate peanut butter ‘cheesecake’ that will CHANGE YOUR LIFE) and invite some protein powder to the breakfast party.
Oh, and chocolate chips. Which you can leave out if you want.
So, I have three words for you: Chocolate. Peanut Butter. (Healthy!) Carbs
You know you waaaaaaaaaant it.
Or, I’ll eat yours.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein French Toast
- 1/2 Cup Liquid egg whites 4 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp Chocolate protein powder *
- 1 tsp Cocoa powder
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Sweetener of choice and to taste (I used pure Stevia)
- 2 Slices Whole wheat bread
- 1-2 TbspNatural peanut butter
- Mini chocolate chips for garnish (optional)
- In a large baking dish, stir together the egg whites, protein powder, cocoa powder, almond milk, vanilla extract and sweeten to taste.
- Place the bread in the egg mixture and let soak for 10 minutes. Flip and let the bread soak another 10 minutes.
- Once the bread is ready, spray a griddle (or large pan) with cooking spray and heat to medium heat.
- Cook the bread until lightly golden brown on each side, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Pop the peanut butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds-1 minute until smooth and melted.
- Pour the peanut butter over the french toast and garnish with chocolate chips (if desired) and DEVOUR.
Recipe NotesIf you don't have protein powder, I have also made this with hot chocolate drink mix powder!
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTRAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS! 🙂
Want more protein-packed breakfasts?
Protein French Toast from around the web:
Orange Creamsicle and Pumpkin French Toast – Live Fit
Cinnamon Raisin Protein French Toast – Nutritionist In The Kitch
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!