Just wanted you to letchu know that this insanely delicious post is sponsored by my friends over at PB 8™!
This gluten free peanut butter chocolate lava cake recipe is so rich and delicious you’ll never know it’s protein packed, low carb and sugar free! The perfect healthy dessert for Valentine’s Day!
UMMM. Is it just me or should we just call this recipe “FOOD BLISS?”
If you’re a mega chocolate loving person, who gets really excited about mega-chocolate-ness in combo WITHHHHHH peanut butter, then your taste buds are going to be like “OH HECK YASSSS” when each bite of ultra-rich cake, flowing with melty peanut butter tingles on your tongue.
Chocolatey-peanut butter cake that JUST SO HAPPENS to be sugar free, lower carb, SUPER high in fiber, and has a secret punch of probiotic protein nutrition!
You guys are still going crazy over the paleo chocolate lava cake recipe with almond butter from a few years back, so was inspired by this low carb chocolate peanut butter lava cake from All Day I Dream About Food, and I figured that you might want another one. Except equally lower in carbs and dripping with peanut butter L-O-V-E. <3
And, since you also went crazy over the chocolate peanut butter overnight oats, there is a 0% chance that I need to tell you that the mixing of the flavor profiles that are peanut butter and chocolate is the TRUE CHAMPION of the food combination world.
Never disappoints. Always wins.
Especially when it’s in cake form that only requires you to wait a total of 15 minutes from start to finish. IE: cake in your face, liiiiike, NOW.
Cake in your face that perfectly serves 2! <— Hello perfect Valentine’s Day dessert, it’s nice to EAT you.
Let’s just press PAUSE on Valentine’s Day for a sec’ though. It’s basically a day where you get to stuff sugar into your belly in the name of TRUE LOVE. How-EV-er, we just got over Christmas which was ALSO a time of sugar and cookie stuffing. <— I know I am not the only one JUUUUUST getting over a spiced paleo cookies coma.
All this dessert shenanigans tastes RLY RLY GOOD in your mouth, but it miiiight not feel so good in your bodies ya know? That’s why this chocolate cake HEAVEN is made with NO butter, SUPER MINIMAL oil, a natural, calorie-free sweetener ANNNNNNNNNNND my probiotic protein obsession: Greek yogurt.
But, with only 2 Tbsp. of yogurt per cake, I HIGHLY suggest you add a little more probiotic power to your life, to keep your tummy feelin’ happy and healthy.
This is the point in the cake story where you ask “HOW DO I DO DAT?” I obvi have an answer for you: PB 8™ Probiotics!
These little gems help support your Immune and Digestive systems by providing good bacteria to your digestive tract* – there’s 10 BILLION beneficial bacteria in O-N-E capsule at time of manufacture! (!!!!)
Not to mention they’re dairy, gluten and soy free. <— You can swallow ‘em down without a worry!
In combination with face-planting into oozy-molten-lave-cake-perfection, you’re packing a PROBITOIC POWERHOUSE that’s going to make your gut feel easy-breezy, even with the just-ate-Christmas-treats-now-it’s-Valentine’s-Day moment that is about to happen to your very real life.
In other news: have you tried Monkfruit yet? I’ve been playing with different, calorie-free sweeteners, and this one has been a total WINNER for me. No weird after taste, no calories, but ALL THE SWEETNESS.
Totally diggin’ it.
ALMOST as much as you’re going to enjoy diggin’ into an EXPLOSION of chocolatey-peanut butter lava cake.
For step-by-step instruction of this recipe, watch my video tutorial below:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE! New recipes posted each week!
Other Recipes You Might Like:
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Monkfruit sweetener
- 1/4 Cup Plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 3 Oz Stevia-sweetened dark chocolate, roughly chopped (such as Lily's)
- 1 tsp Coconut oil + additional for the ramekins
- 2 Tbsp Powdered peanut butter + additional for the ramekins
- 1 Tbsp Peanut butter
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and generously rub 2, 5 ounce ramekins with coconut oil. Sprinkle the insides with a light coat of powdered peanut butter, until fully coated.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat together the egg, egg yolk, monkfruit, Greek yogurt, vanilla extract and salt until well combined.
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil into a large, microwave-safe bowl and microwave using 30 second intervals and 50% power, stirring between each interval, until smooth and melted.
- Pour the egg mixture into the melted chocolate, whisking constantly, until smooth and mixed. Finally, whisk in the 2 Tbsp of powdered peanut butter until smooth.
- Fill each of the ramekins half full. Then, place 1/2 Tbsp of peanut butter into the center of each ramekin, lightly pressing into the batter. Divide the remaining batter between the ramekins, filling 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake until the edges feel set and the inside is still a little soft, about 10 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, let stand for 1 minute. Then, gently run a knife along the outside of the ramekin and place a place upside down on top.Gently turn the plate/ramekin over and the cake will slide right out.
- Sprinkle with additional powdered peanut butter and DEVOUR immediately!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT PB 8™. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
To get your hands on PB 8 Probiotic, check out Amazon, Vitacost or Puritan’s Pride online! Or click HERE to get a $1 off PB 8™ Coupon!
WANT TO WIN SOME OF YOUR OWN PB 8™? USE THE WIDGET BELOW TO ENTER!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!