This quick and easy, high protein snack tastes just like Almond Joy Cheesecake, but it’s packed with protein and is super healthy!
Is there a food in your life that you hated when you were a kid, but now you can’t stop eating?
For me, it’s coconut.
I just can’t stop eating it. I seriously wonder about the brain of my child-self.
I mean, how can a sane person not enjoy the flaky, tropically goodness of this stuff?
Then again, we all know that “completely and totally sane” isn’t really a descriptor for my personality…
A while back (Like when this blog was birthed) I shared with ya’ll my MOST FAVORITE bedtime snack recipe: the Chocolate Peanut Butter “Cheesecake.”
And, you know what? Since then, I have still eaten it every single night.
So, let’s do math (DON’T RUN AWAY. Math that involves nut butter = acceptable.)
I have been eating it for 3 years. That’s 1095 days.
Yeah, that recipe has been tested over 1000 times. I can guarantee you that it works. I KNOW.
HOW-EV-ER, Mr. FFF thinks that my diet is, generally, pretty boring. Cookie dough overnight oats for breakfast every day. “Cheesecake” for snack every night. What can I say? I am a stuck in my ways grannie (remember we talked about how I am practically fossilized back with that chicken kebab recipe)
Anyway. He was all “you should eat something different before bed tonight.”
And part with my beloved? NO WAY.
So, I pulled a Jedi mind trick on him…and made the same thing, I just switched the nut butters and added some coconut (<3)
Totally pulled the wool (where does that saying come from? Who wears wool? I don’t understand) over his eyes guys.
The huberoni was all proud of me for being “out there” and “living on the edge” with my usual boring food choices.
All the while, I ate my “cheesecake” and laughed to myself.
It sounded like this: MUAHAHAHA. I win.
Read above mentioned “completely and totally sane” isn’t a descriptor of my personality.
P.s Change that involves things that taste like cheesecake and an Almond Joy bar, WITH 30g of protein?
I could get into it.
Healthy Almond Joy "Cheesecake"
- 1/2 Cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 Tbsp Scoop Chocolate Casein Protein Powder * about 3
- 1/4 tsp Pure stevia(or sweetener of choice to taste)
- 2 TbspNatural almond butter**
- 1 Tbsp Unsweetened coconut flakes
- In a small food processor[/url], or [url href=http://amzn.to/1WrXOxB target=_blank rel=nofollow]magic bullet, blend the cottage cheese, protein powder, sweetener and 1 Tbsp of almond butter. I always layer them in that specific order, as I find it blends the best that way.
- Process until well mixed and the cottage cheese is creamy and smooth. Note that the mixture is very thick, so you will have to stop the food processor and scrape down the sides a few times, and then keep blending until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a small bowl and place into the freezer for 30 minutes – 1 hour to let it set up a little ***.
- While it chills, spread the coconut flakes onto a small baking sheet and toast them in a 400 degree oven until light golden brown, about 1 -2 mins.
- Once the cheesecake has set, top with additional 1 Tbsp of almond butter (if using) and toasted coconut flakes and DEVOUR.
Recipe Notes* I prefer to use casein protein powder over whey, as it is thicker, but whey will be just as yummy!
** You can use only 1 Tbsp if you want to make this even lighter, but it’s much better with 2!
*** You can also eat it immediately, I just think the texture is closer to cheesecake once it chills and firms up.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?If you try this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @foodfaithfit, using the hashtag #foodfaithfitness
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTRAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS! 🙂
(For 2 Tbsp Almond Butter. Use 1 Tbsp to reduce this by 100ish calories)
Want some more healthy, high protein snacks?
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!