A quick and easy high protein recipe that tastes like chocolate peanut butter cheesecake, that is healthy enough to eat everyday!
This is the only recipe that I have EVER posted that I eat every.single.day.of.my.life.
Actually I lied. I go between this and the other high protein snack: healthy almond joy cheesecake every.single.day.of.my.life.
I am not exaggerating at all (for once) when I say that I actually get really sad if, for some reason, I can’t end my day with this. I know it doesn’t look like much, but don’t judge a book by its cover guys. Listen to your moms.
I really don’t know what to call it, so I have affectionately named it “cheesecake.” But,unlike the healthy cottage cheese cheesecake, it is not not actually cheesecake, but it really and truly does taste like it. I have even non health-obsessed friends agree with me.
I like when this happens. It means I have not gone totally bananas.
If you have read the series on proteins, fats and carbs that I posted earlier, you would know that this is the PERFECT snack for bed time. It’s full of protein and healthy fats to keep your muscles going alll night lonngggg (I am resisting the urge to break into song here…you know the song)
Plus, it keeps your taste buds happy. So so so happy beyond words. My favorite flavour combo is peanut butter/chocolate (very into healthy chocolate peanut butter muffins right now). Give me something peanut buttery and chocolatey and I will show you a magic trick. It’s called I-will-inhale-it-so-fast-you-dont-know-how-I-didn’t-choke-and-die.
Probably the lamest trick you’ve ever seen, but it’s all I got.
This little bowl of yum has got that rich, creamy and thickness that I usually only find in a true cheesecake. But, this is made with cottage cheese. And protein power. And natural peanut butter. Healthy healthy healthy!
Seriously. Make this tonight.
Then we can all be food twinsies and that would be, like, sooooooo kyoote.
- 1/2 Cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 Scoop chocolate casein protein powder*
- 1-2 Tbsps Natural peanut butter **
- 1/2 tsp pure stevia
- In a magic bullet or [url href=http://amzn.to/1WqUgLT target=_blank rel="nofollow sponsored"]small food processor, combine all ingredients. (I find it works best to layer the cottage cheese first, followed by the protein, followed by the Splenda, then finished off with the peanut butter.)
- Turn on and blend until everything is completely mixed and the cottage cheese has gone smooth. If the mixture gets stuck and wont blend, turn off and take the lid off and give everything a stir. Do this multiple times if need be, until creamy. (It really depends how good your bullet/food processor/blender is!)
- You can devour it right away, but it's the best if you let it get even firmer in the freezer! Mine takes about 1 hour, but check every 30 minutes to make sure it hasn't gone rock solid!
Tips & Notes:
*I usually use 1 Tbsp of peanut butter in the actual mixture, and if I am feeling extra generous with myself, I will add an additional 1 Tbsp on top just before eating!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
(Based off 1 Tbsp peanut butter)
Want more uses for protein powder?
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!