This Healthy Cottage Cheese Cheesecake is packed with protein and is so easy to make! Gluten free, grain free, better for you and SO creamy!
PIN Healthy Cottage Cheese Cheesecake
Welcome to today’s blog post/recipe/Taylor ramblings where I am basically just making you a little piece of my heart.
You should know that I’m really obsessed with cottage cheese. Like, RLY RLY RLY in love with it. Eat it EVERY single day. Multiple times a day probably. Usually in the from of a high protein snack recipe OR fluffy cottage cheese pancakes OR just mixed with protein powder and covered with nut butter. <–Don’t knock it until you try it. It’s SO GOOD.
Sometimes though, I decide to bake it into a super creamy, velvety smooth cottage cheese CHEESECAKE RECIPE, with sweet strawberry swirls, that sits on a perfectly simple, perfectly crunchy crust because I am EXTRA like that.
Also, because I will never say no to cheesecake. If you ever meet me in real life and you whip some cheesecake out of your purse, we will be instant best friends.
I won’t even question a. why you had cheesecake in your purse and b. how long said cheesecake has been there. I will just eat it with a big, ignorance-is-bliss kinda smile on my face.
Whether it’s a goat cheese cheesecake or a low carb keto pumpkin cheesecake OR this cottage cheese cake, I am here for it.
You know what I realized? We have a lot of Greek yogurt dessert recipes; Gluten free snickerdoodle Greek yogurt cheesecake and healthy gluten free sugar free carrot cake, to name a few. BUT, we are VERY lacking in the cottage cheese dessert recipes department. Which made me feel like the worst cottage cheese superfan ever and you probably don’t even believe me that I eat it every day. But I do.
I might even be eating it now. You’ll never know.
I think you and I can both agree that we should remedy this by making a healthy cottage cheese cheesecake!
How to make cheesecake with cottage cheesecake
Making a cheesecake with cottage cheese is VERY close to the same as a “normal” cheesecake.
- Blend the eggs, vanilla, lemon juice and cottage cheese in a food processor <– that’s the “different” step.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until JUST mixed. Do not overbeat or your cheesecake will sink and crack!
- Add the cottage cheese mixture and beat until JUST combined.
- Pour over your crust and bake until the center is still a bit jiggly!
- YOU MADE CHEESECAKE.
How much protein is in cottage cheese?
There is about 6g of protein per ¼ cup of cottage cheese, which makes it an excellent protein source! <– It’s adding almost 20g of muscle BOOSTING protein to our cheesecake!
Also, before you get sneaky ideas, don’t use any of that fat free cottage cheese in this creamy slice of heaven. I used to be “that girl” and it was a sad existence. Do yourself a favor and get 2%. It truly does add a richer flavor to this cheesecake (and to anything you eat it in) that you do not want to deprive yourself of. I promise.
Do you feel like you’ve learned so much? Protein powder and cottage cheese and nut butter snacks, the protein content of cottage cheese AND how to make it into cheesecake!
Should we get matching cottage cheese superfan shirts?
I’ll look into it and get back to you.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Sugar Cookie Greek Yogurt Gluten Free Cheesecake
No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars
Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats
For the crust:
- 1/3 Cup Coconut oil, at room temperature (should be like softened butter)
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 3/4 Cup Coconut flour, sifted (66g) *
- Pinch of salt
For the cheesecake
- 3/4 Cup 2% cottage cheese
- 2 Large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Packages Reduced fat cream cheese, (8oz each) softened to room temperature
- 2/3 Cup Raw Organic Cane Sugar
For the topping:
- 1/3 Cup Strawberry Jam
- 2 tsp Fresh lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of an 8 inch springform pan with parchment paper. Wrap the bottom of the pan first with a slow cooker liner and then very tightly with 2 layers of wide, heavy duty aluminum foil**
- In a small food processor (mine is 3 cups) blend the cottage cheese, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla until VERY well mixed and the cottage cheese is smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until just combined, don't overbeat or your cheesecake will have too much air and it will sink. Add in the cottage cheese mixture and beat until it just starts to mix. Then, mix the rest of the way by hand with a spoon. ** Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together coconut oil and honey for the crust, until smooth. Stir in the coconut flour, and a pinch of salt until well mixed. The dough may be a little wet - that's normal!
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom of an 8 inch Spring form pan. It will be a little challenging to press out with the parchment, but we patient. I find it helps to have VERY lightly damp hands to press it out.
- .Bake until the edges of the crust are lightly golden brown, about 14-15 minutes. **READ NOTES
- While the crust bakes, mix the jam and lemon juice in a small pot on medium heat and cook until smooth and melted, about 2-4 minutes. Set aside to cool while the crust finishes.
- Once the crust is out of the oven, use a small spoon to press down any area that rise up (totally normal) and then immediately pour the cheesecake over, spreading out evenly. Drop the jam over top and use a sharp knife to swirl around.
- Place the springform pan into a roasting pan. Transfer to the middle rack of your oven and fill the roasting pan with water so that it comes half way up the springform pan.
- Bake until the outside is set and a small circle in the middle is just a little jiggly, about 1 hour to an 1 hour 5 minutes. Be careful not to over bake or the cheesecake will be very dry- it continues to cook slightly while cooling. Turn the oven off and crack the door for 15 minutes. Then, transfer to the counter top to cool completely. Cover with tinfoil and refrigerate for at least 8 hours to overnight.
- Once chilled, slice and DEVOUR!
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: Freestyle SmartPoints: 20. Points+: 10. Old Points:9
(per 1/8 of the cheesecake)
STAY IN DA KNOW WITH THINGS GOING ON AT FFF (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment