These Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins are packed with peanut butter chips and made healthy with whole wheat flour and Greek yogurt!
PIN Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
When in doubt: chocolate peanut butter it out.
It’s even the best if you snack on some keto chocolate peanut butter fat bombs or peanut butter chickpea chocolate chip cookies. Whatever way you eat it, it’s the best combination and these muffins are the EXACT SAME.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Goodness!
If there was ever a flavor combo meant to be together, sent from heaven above, I know what it would be. Chocolate and peanut butter, people- they go together so well and it simply cannot be denied, it’s such an ICONIC duo! That nutty, sweet but salty, sticky and satisfying flavor of peanut butter paired with the decadent, rich and indulgent chocolate deliciousness, it just can’t be beat! My Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats with yogurt is one of my fave ways to get my fix as well as Protein Peanut Butter Cups! These Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins are also such a winner in the taste department, and they satisfy that craving for something sweet!
Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Ingredients
SO, just imagine that chocolate peanut buttery goodness all bundled into a soft, sweet muffin that is also healthy and better for you than many other muffins. What could possibly be better?? You’re going to love the flavor of this peanut butter muffin recipe, and you’ll also feel good about eating it because you know it’s going to nourish your body and give you energy for the day. Whether it’s for breakfast or for an on-the-go snack, I promise you’ll be HOOKED once you give these babies a try! To make these delicious muffins, you will need:
- White Whole Wheat Flour
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
- Fat Free Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Coconut Sugar
- Baking Stevia
- Vanilla Extract
- Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Peanut Butter Chips
Flour: Instead of using regular white, all purpose flour, I used white whole wheat flour to make these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip muffins a bit healthier!
Sugar: Regular white sugar is so versatile and is great for baking. BUT did you know that you can easily substitute coconut sugar in recipes like this one, and it still delivers that sweetness with a healthier, less refined sugar!
Oil: Oil and butter are not the only ingredients that make muffins moist (sorry but I had to use that word)! In this recipe, I used peanut butter and greek yogurt and they make these muffins tender and fluffy!
How to make Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
We’ve got our craving for something with peanut butter and chocolate, we’ve rounded up our ingredients to make that dream come true, and I’d say we’re rearing to go! Here is how to make these tasty muffins:
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and coat a muffin tin with cooking spray.
Stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl until well combined and set aside.
In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the peanut butter until smooth, which should take about a minute. Add the yogurt, stevia, coconut sugar, egg, extract and milk and whisk until the mixture is well combined.
Carefully fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and stir until just combined. Add the peanut butter chips and gently stir them in as well. Cover and refrigerate the batter for about 30 minutes.
Fill the Pan
Evenly distribute the batter in your muffin tin using a spoon or large cookie scoop, and fill each section almost to the top.
Sprinkle extra chips on top if desired and bake for 5 minutes, then reduce the heat to 375 degrees and bake an additional 14-16 minutes. A toothpick will come out clean when the muffins are ready!
Cool and Enjoy
Let the muffins rest in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool the rest of the way. Once cool enough for your liking, DEVOUR!
Other Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Recipes
Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
- 1 Cup White Whole Wheat Flour (120g)
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsps Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Natural creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 Cup Fat free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 3/4 Cup Coconut sugar
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tbsp Baking stevia
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract divided
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 Cup Peanut butter chips + more for sprinkling on top.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside
- In a large, microwave safe bowl, melt the peanut butter until smooth - about 1 minute. Whisk in the yogurt, stevia, coconut sugar, egg , extract and milk until well combined.
- Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, followed by the peanut butter chips, stirring until just moistened. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes
- Using an extra large cookie scoop (or just a plain old spoon) divide the batter evenly among the greased muffins tins, filling almost all the way to the top.
- Sprinkle with extra peanut butter chips if desired and bake for 5 minutes. Then, reduce the oven temp to 375 degrees and bake another 14-16 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes (if you can resist) and then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: POINTS+: 6 OLD POINTS: 4
(per 1 muffin)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!