These chocolate peanut butter overnight oats with yogurt are topped with homemade peanut butter cups! They’re an easy, healthy, gluten free and protein-packed make-ahead breakfast!
Just wanted you to pop in and letchu know that your newest protein-packed breakfast obsession is sponsored by my friends over at Powerful Yogurt!
You guys, it happened again: Monday showed up inside both of our VRY real-gotta-go-back-to-work lives.
Except, I can pinky-promise that you are not going to be ONE TINY BIT mad about the Monday-ness of today when your mouth munches through each wholesome fleck of tender oatmeal, that’s in a magical, heavenly swirl of protein-PACKED chocolate Greek yogurt and powdered peanut butter.
WAIT FOR IT…
WITH YOUR VERY OWN HEALTHY HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS. <—!!!! *happy dance*
I told you that you wouldn’t be mad. We’re BASICALLY talking about all of your breakfast dreams coming TRUE in bowl-of-oatmeal-form. It eating peanut butter and chocolate for breakfast (hi healthy high protein french toast and healthy chocolate peanut butter muffins we like you too!) is wrong, then I do not WANT TO BE RIGHT.
Kiiiinda totally in crazy-love over here. Don’t mind me.
I take that back.[clickToTweet tweet=”Power up your morning with protein-packed Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats! @PowerfulYogurt” quote=”Power up your morning with protein-packed Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats! @PowerfulYogurt” theme=”style2″]
DEFINITELY DO mind me, because I’m telling you that your breakfast needs to be THESE easy overnight oats tomorrow and, if you don’t heed my words, morning-you-of-the-future is going to be, liiike, VRY VRY deprived.
How to Make Overnight Oats
- You have to pick the right oats – steel cut or quick oats don’t work here. Overnight oats are made with rolled, old-fashioned oats. Add them into a bowl, along with any seasonings or spices you want!
- Next add in your liquid of choice – I like yogurt or almond milk. I fid it’s best to double the amount of oats with the liquid. So, if you use 1/2 cup of oats, use 1 cup of liquid. It might seem like a lot at first, but the oats really absorb a lot!
- Stir in any sweetener and sweeten to taste. I think liquid sweeteners such as honey or maple syrup work the best as they blend right into the other liquid.
- Stick them in the fridge for AT LEAST 6 hours.
How Long Can You Keep Overnight Oats In The Fridge?
I’ve made oats that last for up to a week in the fridge! It really depends on what you put in them. Things like fresh fruit go bad quicker, so those are best eaten within 2 or 3 days of making them!
Other reasons you need to mind me (besides the fact that I hold the recipe-keys to majorly delicious-real-food breakfast GOALS in the form of this overnight oatmeal recipe) are because I want to introduce you to a young company, that has seen a HYOOGE expansion in the past four years: Powerful Yogurt!
ORRRR as I like to call them “my newest protein drink obsession because – HELLO – Greek yogurt base ANDANDAND they’re made with natural ingredients (no weird sugar alcohols or junky fake stuff here peeps!) and they’re packing 20g of protein (<3 <3 <3) and only 160 calories!” If you’eve ever wondered how to increase protein intake, these are FOR YOU.
I know. Total run-on sentence. But you know me…run-on sentences are basically the love language of my soul.
But, really. Have you ever HEARD of a protein drink with a Greek yogurt base? I am totally THAT girl who used to always bring a container of the stuff in my purse, and then whip it out – spoon and all – at the most awkward of times in public places.
Don’t lie. You’ve been the “Greek Yogurt Girl” too.
Well, my muscle-building loving internet BFFS, we no longer have to turn on ninja-stealth mode when trying to make our protein portable – The Powerful Yogurt Drink just solved this very real-life problem.
I’m pretty sure you guys know how I feel about dessert-flavored overnight oatmeal. Judging by the fact that we’ve bonded over a few bowls of cookie dough overnight oats, funfetti protein overnight oats, strawberry cheesecake overnight oats and gluten free cinnamon roll overnight oats, you know it’s TRU LOVE.
I also just really dig peanut butter with oatmeal. Peanut butter, oatmeal and chocolate or even a Banana Peanut Butter Overnight Oats Recipe with Almond Milk. It’s all just SO GOOD.
ANDDDD, because I know that your mouths crave the VERY SAME things, I’m making a HIGHLY educated guess that you’re right on the board the oatmeal-love-train.
Especially when chocolate and peanut butter are involved.
Did we mention HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS?
I know, we did. Can’t help it. Obsessing.
Just imagine with me, if you will, this moment: you wake up still sleepy-eyed and HANGRY.
Not-able-to-think-yet-you forgets that, not only did you ALREADY MAKE BREAKFAST the night before (look at you being prepared!) you made a breakfast that is ALL real food and is jamming to the tune of gonna-keep-you-full-until-lunch healthy carbs and protein.
With a sweet burst of crispy-crunchy chocolate cups that are hugging rich, creamy peanut butter.
Can you imagine what morning you feels like when you REMEMBER all of that is ready and W-A-I-T-I-N-G?
That kinda happy life CAN BE YOURS MY FRIEND.
Reach out and grab the spoon.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats with Yogurt
For the oats:
For the peanut butter cups:
- 2 Tbsp Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 tsp Natural peanut butter , divided (1 Tbl + 2 tsp)
- In a medium bowl, stir together the oats and peanut butter powder. Divide evenly between 2 cups.
- In a large liquid measuring cup, combine The Powerful Yogurt Drink and honey. Microwave just for 10-15 seconds until the honey melts. Be carefully not to cook too long, or you'll cook the yogurt. Whisk together until the honey is dissolved in the yogurt.
- Divide the yogurt/honey mixture evenly between the 2 cups. Place into the refrigerator and chill at least 6 hours - overnight.
- In a medium, microwave-safe bowl using half power and 30 second cooking intervals, melt the chocolate chips until smooth and melted.
- Place two mini muffin liners into 2 mini muffin pan cavities. Pour a small amount of melted chocolate into the bottom and smooth out. Divide 1 Tbsp of the peanut butter between each cavity, leaving space around the side. Place in the freezer until set, about 30 minutes.
- Once set, re-warm the chocolate chips to melt them. Then, fill up the muffin liners so that the peanut butter is covered. Place into the freezer to set while the oats set.
- Once the oats have sat long enough, chop up the peanut butter cups and divide them between the cups. Finally, drizzle with the remaining peanut butter.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT POWERFUL YOGURT. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Want to find The Powerful Yogurt Drink? (of course you do!)
It is now available in COSTCO stores in Seattle and greater Washington, Utah and Idaho. You can find your closest store HERE
Outside of the Pacific NW, the Powerful Yogurt Drink can be found at Walmart and Kroger as well as Amazon. Check out the store finder here
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: SmartPoints: 10 Points+: 9. Old Points: 7
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ONTWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!