These easy, 6 ingredient paleo spinach breakfast egg muffins are low carb, gluten free, whole30 compliant and under 100 calories! Perfect for busy mornings!
I’ve never met a spinach + artichoke combo of foods that I didn’t like.
I mean. Spinach and artichoke dip? GOING IN FACE FIRST.
Spinach and artichoke stuffed chicken? I’ll press rep-EAT on that dinner alllll day LONG.
Well, it’s a mouthful of a name…annnnnnnd a real-life mouthful of it is INSANELY addicting.
See. I think you and I can both agree that whenever our superfood-y, leafy little green friend spinach and his BFF artichoke get together, it always ends in DELICIOUS THINGS.
AKA: All the good things that you look for in the recipes that you make in your very real-person, food-eating life.
I know how you feel about paleo egg muffins. You fell head over taste buds for the chocolate egg muffins stuffed with cookie dough, Keto Low Carb Egg Muffins with Ham, kale and cauliflower rice AND the taco breakfast egg muffins, so I figured let’s GO GREEN and make some more.
“Green” like healthy and TRUE green in the sense that both spinach AND artichokes are that very color.
So much knowledge about these egg muffins packed in ONE WORD.
Do you feel smart? Orrrr just hungry?
Probably hungry. Always hungry.
The very reason that you’re gonna love these little breakfast-bites-of-bliss is that they scream SIMPLICITY, all while yelling YUMMMAYYY at you. They’re stupid-easy to make, coming together from start to finish in JUUUUST over 30 minutes.
Then, hungry-you takes a little nibble and those MEGA delicious bursts of briny, soft-and salty artichoke hearts mish-mashes with tender spinach, juicy turkey and ALL of that fresh Italian herby goodness, hits you out of NO WHERE.
You know the KISS acronym, right?
Keep It Simple Stupid.
Yep. These muffins are the EPITOME OF THAT.
In other news: they kind of taste like everyone’s favorite party dip. Which, like I mentioned earlier, I MEGA ❤ ❤ ❤ like WHOA.
Real life confession: my mom makes Spinach and Artichoke Dip for Christmas Eve every year and I eat it with a spoon.
No lie. A WHOLLOP of it goes on my plate….NO CRACKERS OR VEGGIE DIPPERS IN SIGHT.
Spoon + dip = my face.
Don’t lie. You know you’ve been there.
And these little breakfast bites are making it perfectly socially acceptable to get your dip-vibez on before you even change out of your pajamas!
Don’t worry, I won’t tell if you still do a little spoon –> dip action every now and again.
Your secret is safe with me.
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Pound Extra lean ground turkey (I used 99% fat free)
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 6 Large Eggs
- 2 Egg whites
- 2 Cups Fresh spinach, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 Cups Artichoke hearts packed in water, sliced
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and GENEROUSLY spray a muffin pan with cooking spray. Egg muffins stick A LOT and they stick too muffin liners - so don't even bother trying!
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add in the turkey, Italian seasoning, a pinch of salt and pepper and cook until no longer pink and lightly golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Make sure to break up the turkey as it cooks.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and egg whites, adding a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir in the spinach and artichoke hearts. Finally, stir in the cooked turkey.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cavities, making sure each muffin gets enough egg to secure all the spinach, artichokes and turkey.
- Bake until the muffins rise and the tops are set, about 20-22 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS! 🙂
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!