These EASY Keto Low Carb Egg Muffins With Ham have a little Mediterranean flair and are packed with protein! A portable, healthy and gluten free breakfast or snack!
PIN Keto Low Carb Egg Muffins With Ham
(Photos updated in Dec/18. Originally posted in Dec/14. Narration not changed)
Today I bring to you a new kind of meal: the brappetizer.
It’s a little bit of breakfast and a little bit of appetizer all in.one.dish. Basically the best egg snack ever.
Eat these keto egg muffins for breakfast before you make yourself presentable to the world OR at a fancy party in fancy clothes with your pinky up.
It is your choice. All options will be equally delicious.
The greatest part of these keto egg cups is that they look like you slaved in the kitchen whipping up the fanciest of food that only the queen (or king) of Fancy Pants Land would eat.
Guess what? You didn’t.
You spent a grand total of 5 minutes in there, and half the time you weren’t even paying attention because “Greys Anatomy” was on TV.
I could just be speaking for myself though.
Really though, these little Mediterranean-inspired healthy breakfast egg muffins with ham could not be any easier. Just shove a muffin tin full of some deli ham and then throw a little feta and spinach in there. Top if off with some eggs and throw that bad boy in the oven. When they come out, make them extra prettiful with some pesto, roasted red peppers and basil…BAM!
Apparently 2018 has turned me into Emeril Lagasse. I hope the hubs doesn’t mind the change.
The hubster and I ate these spinach breakfast egg muffins as part of our Thanksgiving appetizers and we both totally fell in love with them. This is a very good thing because the batches following the original breakfast egg muffins just did not work out. It’s actually a sore spot and I don’t want to talk about it, which means that I will tell you about it anyways.
The first time I tried these these keto low carb egg muffins with ham were BEAUTIFUL, 10 times more so than these pictures guys. But, we ate them all.
So, I had to make them again because I can’t post pictures of empty plates and tell you to use your imaginations. The next few batches were ugly. So, so ugly.
Some exploded, some sunk, and some looked like egg hockey pucks. But, EVENTUALLY, I got it RIGHT and learned how to NAIL healthy egg muffin cups.
How to make egg muffins
- Line each cavity of a muffin pan with a slice of ham, trying to not leave any space between the ham.
- Fill each muffin cavity with a little bit of each filling ingredient. Doing it this way, as opposed to just mixing it all together in a bowl, will ensure ALL the muffins have a good amount of the “fixins”
- Pour the eggs on top until all the filling is covered. Do not beat the eggs too much! This is the key to ensure they don’t fall!
How long to cook egg muffins
You want to cook the eggs in the oven until they are puffy and the top feels set, which is about 15-17 minutes in a 400 degree oven!
Needless to say, we have mountains of ham and egg cups exploding out of our fridge. This is why it is a very good thing that we devoured these because we will have to continue to do so for the rest of our LIVES.
Between the pile of keto low carb egg muffins with ham, the rest of the leftover appetizers and Mr.FFF’s leftover hard apple cider, it looks like the inside of our refrigerator is about to throw its own shin dig.
Brappetizer, that’s what’s for breakfast. Or dinner. The world is your oyster.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Sugar Free Keto Low Carb Breakfast Bars Recipe
Easy Low Carb Keto Breakfast Casserole with Sausage
Pesto Egg White Omelette with Goat Cheese
- 9 Slices of thin cut deli ham
- 1/2 Cup Canned roasted red pepper, sliced + additional for garnish
- 1/3 Cup Fresh spinach, minced
- 1/4 Cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 5 Large eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsps Pesto sauce
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. GENEROUSLY spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Line each muffin tin with 1.5 pieces of ham, making sure you don't leave holes for the egg mixture to explode out of.
- Place a little bit of roasted red pepper in the bottom of each muffin tin.
- Place 1 Tbsp of minced spinach on top of each red pepper.
- Top the pepper and spinach off with a heaping 1/2 Tbsp of crumbled feta cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs salt and pepper. Divide the egg mixture evenly among the 6 muffin tins.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until the eggs are puffy and feel set.
- Remove each cup from the muffin tin and garnish with 1/4 tsp pesto sauce, additional roasted red pepper slices and fresh basil.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 1 POINTS+: 3. OLD POINTS: 3
(Per 1 muffin)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment