Just wanted you give ya a heads up that this post-workout-perfect post is sponsored by my friends at Simple Truth!
These chocolate egg muffins have a cookie dough center, and a secret ingredient makes them gluten free and protein packed ! They’re an easy, healthy snack or portable breakfast for busy mornings!
Why yes that is another cookie-dough-themed treat to add to our already giganormouse collection.
I’m glad you asked.
Friends. It’s become a full blown, 12-step-program-kinda addiction. It started with cookie dough overnight oats, trickled it’s way through vegan cookie dough stuffed peanut butter bites, then into vegan brownies stuffed with peanut butter cookie dough, T-H-E-N vegan cookie dough breakfast bowls, a cookie dough banana ice cream recipe…
And now here.
And there’s more cookie dough at the END OF THE MONTH.
Hi I’m Taylor, and I like the same food that 5 years olds like.
And, guess what? NO SHAME.
Especially when it’s cookie dough hugged inside a chewy-tender-protein-packed CHOCOLATE muffin that explodes with sweet-creamy-chocolatey-chip goodness in EVERY SINGLE munch of your mouth.
BUT, as per always, I am getting ahead of myself. Aforementioned explosion of all-good-things-in-the-world-start-with-cookie-dough-deliciousness is going to happen AFTER YOUR WORKOUT.
Just like yesterday’s Chicken Enchilada Casserole with Cauliflower, I AM telling you to eat normally “not post-workout-approved foods AFTER YOU LIFT.”
BUTBUTBUT, let’s discuss what happens WHEN you lift/run/swing/hurdle/pole vault (who are you?) or generally do any kind of physical activity that requires, well, ACTIVITY: you sweat.[clickToTweet tweet=”#Healthy Cookie Dough Egg Muffins are the perfect post-workout recovery food! @SimpleTruth4U” quote=”#Healthy Cookie Dough Egg Muffins are the perfect post-workout recovery food! @SimpleTruth4U” theme=”style2″]
Sweat = losing hydration = losing electrolytes = BAD “DOOM AND GLOOM” THINGS COULD HAPPEN IF YOU DON’T REPLENISH.
Oh hello there Simple Truth Vapor Distilled Water that justsohappens to have added electrolytes for general yumminess and refueling-yo-body purposes, I kinda <3 you.
Aaaand, when you taste all the delicious flavors (Blackberry Blueberry! Lemon! Mandarin Orange! Tropical Mango!) that have ZERO sweeteners, preservatives OR calories, you’re gonna be like UMM HI FOREVER NEW WATER LOVE too. <3 <3
I can sense our water loving jiving to the same beat right now. TWINSIES.
Cool fact: this water is steamed, the vapor in then collected and condensed so the distillation removes all yucky impurities and nasty minerals. Don’t you feel like a fancy, hydrating person?
You so faaaaaancy. You already knooooowww.
So, it’s like this: you’re going to get yo’ sweat on…making sure to replenish with L-O-T-S of electrolyte-infused-tasty water.
T-H-E-N you can get to the lusciously smooth cookie dough center that’s POPPIN’ out of a protein-mega-load in chocolatey egg muffin form.
Making the muffins MOSTLY out of liquid egg whites is going to PUMP THEM UP (much better if read like Arnold) with a protein boost to fuel up your tired-hardworking-person muscles. Then, Greek yogurt swoops in does a little extra 1-2 muscle lovin’.
Did we mention the cookie dough is actually made of CHICKPEAS? IE: extra natural, clean, real-food protein AND healthy, wholesome carbs that is making these little bites of 5-year-old-but-adult-approved glory the most PERFECT balance of nutrients for recovery.
A-L-S-O a little melted chocolate adds some quick-digesting carbs, which means they’re gonna go STRAIGHT to your muscles, in the form of ENERGY, to rebuild them LICKETY SPLIT.
A word of caution about the moment when you mix the chocolate into the eggs though: you’re going to think you did it wrong.
The chocolate will glob up (technical term) and get chunky and you will be like “WHAT ON EARTH IS TAYLOR TELLING ME TO DO.”
BUT – CHAMPION GOALS FRIENDS. I know your arms are tired from your workout, but KEEP WHISKIN’
Eventually it’ll allllll smooth out.
And then, the next time you think that you just CAN’T GET THROUGH THE LAST DEADLIFT, a vision of cookie dough will dance through your head.
- 2/3 Cup Simple Truth Organic Chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp Simple Truth Organic Peanut Butter + additional for drizzling (optional)
- 7 Tbsp Simple Truth Organic Blue Agave, Divided
- 1 tsp Simple Truth Organic Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Simple Truth Organic Cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tbsp Simple Truth Organic Semi-sweet chocolate chips, Divided
- 2 Cups Simple Truth Organic Liquid egg whites
- 1/2 Cup Simple Truth Organic Vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Simple Truth Organic Coconut flour
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and generously spray a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a SMALL food processor (mine is 3 cups) combine the chickpeas, peanut butter, 2 Tbsp of the agave, vanilla, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Blend until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape the sides down as necessary. Spoon into a small bowl.
- Finely chop 2 Tbsp of the chocolate chips and mix into the chickpea mixture. Place a 2 tsp-sized ball of the filling into each muffin cavity.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips using half power and 30 second cooking intervals until smooth and melted.
- Once melted, whisk in the liquid egg whites. NOTE: Your chocolate will be super lumpy when you add in the whites, just keep whisking and scraping the sides of the bowl down. It does eventually mix in smoothly!
- Once the chocolate is smooth, whisk in the Greek yogurt and remaining 5 Tbsp of agave until well combined. Finally, whisk in the coconut flour until well combined.
- Divide the egg mixture between all the muffin cavities, filling almost to the top. Bake until the top feels set, about 19-20 minutes. Once cooked, cool in the pan completely. The muffins do deflate a lot once cooled - this is normal.
- Drizzle with additional peanut butter (if desired) and DEVOUR.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger. The opinions and text are all mine.
Stay in touch with Simple Truth on social media for more healthy ideas! Facebook /Twitter/Pinterest/Instagram
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: SmartPoints: 6 Points+: 4. Old Points: 3
(per 1 muffin)
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Leave a Comment