This chicken burger recipe tastes like a Caesar salad on a bun! It’s so quick, easy, healthy and perfect for Summer Grilling!
Yo Friday Peeps!
I should probably just say “peeps” with no pre-peep Friday because ya’ll are peeps on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, AND Saturday too.
However, that is just what my fingers typed, so I didn’t hit no backspace key on my keyboardddd.
Sidenote: If you ever wonder how I come up some of my crazy make-no-sense things, that’s how. When I write a post I just let my fingers start typing. I have absolutely NO idea how I am going to make anything that their little “fingie-brains” say link to the recipe, and then somehow it just happens.
Just kidding. Well, not about letting my fingers do their thang.
I was kidding about it somehow always ends up tying to the recipe. If you’ve been here long enough, you know that is usually doesn’t.
I’m okay with that.
Anyway. Fingers went on a tangent.
They like talking about themselves.
Ugh. I totally and completely forgot what food I am even supposed to be telling you to shove into your face right now.
Fingie brains, get on track.
A chicken burger recipe. RIGHT.
Easy. Yum. Hands –> Burger –> Face
Well, not really the end. But, REALLY you should follow the above steps.
I debated for a realllllly long time (read: about 5 seconds. But, I am impatient, so that’s a long time) if I should even post this “recipe” for ya’ll.
Let’s just put it out there, it’s a bunch of already made items of nom that I made into one, bigger and more delicious item of nom.
Did I make the Caesar dressing? No. This girl doesn’t have time to ALWAYS make things from scratch.
Did I make the bun? No. See above.
Did I make the cheese? I would have, but they don’t let us keep cows in our apartment. So that I take no responsibly for.
But, you know what, sometimes you need a recipe that you can throw together in .0002 seconds AND makes your belly H-A-P-P-Y.
This chicken burger recipe? They are that.
Plus, they are a totally ninja way to get your husband (or kids – same thing) to eat veggies.
Leafy colorful things on a plate < leafy colorful things between carbs and covered in cheese.
Hand –> Burger –> Face.
Make it happen.
P.s Are you still wondering what you are on Sunday, since it wasn’t included in the opening lines?
I was just seeing if you were paying attention. FUN.
Chicken Caesar Burger
- 2 lb Small Chicken breasts about 1/4 each
- 1 Oz Fresh Parmesan cheese sliced
- 2 Whole wheat hamburger buns
- 2-4 Tbsp Reduced-fat Caesar dressing depending on how saucy you like it.
- leaves Romaine lettuce
- Red onion sliced (optional)
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat.
- Once the grill is hot, place the chicken breast on it and cook until no longer pink inside, about 5-6 minutes per side. Once you flip it, place 1/2 an oz of cheese on each breast in the final few minutes of cooking, so that it gets nice and melty.
- During the last few minutes of cooking, also place the buns cut-side down so they get a little toasty and crunchy.
- Spread 1/2 - 1 Tbsp of dressing on each side of the hamburger buns and top with lettuce leaves and red onion (if using.)
- Place the chicken on top and DEVOUR.
P.P.S! You know what I never told you? I am going to visit Mr. FFF’s fam in Wisconsin tomorrow for a whole week! BUT there are lots of fun things going on while I am away, so make sure to check them out! If I don’t respond to your comments/emails, I am SO sorry – but I will have no internets 🙁 Sad. Have a great week lovelies! xoxo
Want more easy chicken recipes?
More chicken burger recipes from around the web that look YUM:
Lemon Chicken Tarragon Burgers – Dessert for Two
Grilled Orange and Fig Glazed Turkey Burgers – Tidy Mom
9 Layer Fiesta Chicken Burgers – Fit Foodie Finds