This No Bean Low Carb Keto Turkey Chili is healthy comfort food at it’s best! An easy, weeknight dinner that will please the whole crowd!
PIN No Bean Low Carb Keto Turkey Chili
It’s CHILI SZN!
I know the weather in the winter isn’t the most loveable, but the food? IT SURE IS.
Whether it be a cozy slice of low carb pumpkin pie, a warm bowl of paleo hamburger soup or smoky and sweet turkey chili, or even healthy white chicken chili in the crockpot, the fall/winter food flavors are virtually the best.
And this might just be the best keto chili recipe on account of it being STUPID EASY, pretty quick and really really freezable which means you can make a big batch for dinner tonight AND next week all at the same time.
Prepared you? UH HUH.
Low Carb Keto Turkey Chili Ingredients
Guess what? There’s a good chance you have all the ingredients on hand to make this easy keto chili happen on your dinner table tonight. You’ll need:
- Turkey (obviously)
- Onions, Celery, Red peppers
- The keto chili seasoning: a mix of chili powder, paprika, cumin and cayenne
- Diced and crushed tomatoes
- Tomato paste
- Bay leaves
See, pantry essentials!
How to Make Low Carb Keto Turkey Chili
Heat you olive oil in a large pan and sauté your onion, celery, pepper and garlic until golden brown and fragrant. Then, add in your turkey and sautéed until it begins to brown.
Spice Spice baby
Add in your seasoning mix and cook until the turkey is no longer pink inside.
Add your tomatoes, water, tomato paste and salt and pepper and boil. Then, add in your bay leaves.
Reduce the heat to medium low and cover. Simmer until nice and thick, about 30 minutes.
Keto Friendly Chili FAQS
You might have a few questions about making low carb keto turkey chili so I figured I’d answe a few of them for you:
Can I make this in the slow cooker? While I have not tried this, I am sure you could. You would still want to follow all the directions to cook your veggies and turkey. But then you could throw everything into the slow cooker to simmer. I would imagine you would cook it on high for about 3-4 hours, until it’s nice and thick.
Can I change up the meat? – Sure thing! Like the low carb keto chili recipe, you could totally use ground beef. I’ve even made it with a mix of beef and pork!
Can I add beans? Of course, you can! When I made Cajun Instant Pot Chili and vegan chili, I liked chili beans to add some bulk and fiber. I would recommend using chili beans here as well if you’re not looking for it to be a no bean chili!
It’s the kind of nourishing comfort food that gets you through these cold nights AND takes you through your next desk lunch.
Chili with a double threat?
Other Healthy Comfort Food Recipes
Thai Peanut Butter Chicken Curry
Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Chili
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Olive oil, divided
- 1/2 Cup Onion, diced
- 1 Large red pepper, diced
- 1/2 Cup Celery, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp Fresh garlic, minced
- 1.25 Lbs 93% Lean ground turkey
- 4 tsp Chile powder
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 Can Fire roasted diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 1 Can Crushed tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 tsp Salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1/4 Cup Parsley, chopped
- Heat 1 Tbsp of the oil in a large pan on medium high heat. Add in the onion, pepper, celery and garlic and cook until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the oil and the turkey to the pan. Cook until the turkey begins to brown, about 3-4 minutes. Drain off any of the liquid.
- Add in the spices and cook until the turkey is no longer pink and the spices are fragrant, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the fire roasted tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, water, tomato paste, salt and pepper and stir until well combined. Then, bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, stir in the bay leaves, turn the heat to medium low and cover the pan. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once simmered, remove the bay leaves and stir in the parsley.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 4 POINTS+: 5. OLD POINTS: 4
(based on the recipe serving 6 people)
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment