PIN Healthy White Chicken Chili
You know what I always think is funny?
That chili is called chili. Because it sounds like “chilly” and it is definitely NOT a chilly food.
Then again, you do eat it when it’s “chilly outside” so I guess that makes sense?
Whatever. We are saying chili way too many times in this post already, so let’s move on.
This healthy chicken chili recipe is a little different than the low carb keto turkey chili, smoky and sweet turkey chili and keto chili in the Instant Pot in the sense that is a LITTLE bit less thick and chunky as a “traditional” chili.
BUT, it still has all the spicy chili vibes that your mouth expects at the promise of chili and it’s wholesome and nourishing and pretty much the best dinner for these cold nights!
Healthy White Chicken Chili Ingredients
Don’t be fooled. I know the ingredient list for this recipe is a little bit long, but I PROMISE you this is an EASY white chicken chili recipe and one that you’ll be pressing rep-EAT on all Winter. You will need:
- Chicken broth
- Frozen corn
- Cannellini beans
- Cumin, garlic, coriander, chili power and salt
It’s a longer list but the ingredients are pretty common and inexpensive, just like the Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Chili! Yahoo!
How to Make Healthy White Chicken Chili
Combine all the ingredients except the chicken and cilantro in your slow cooker and mix.
Add the chicken into the slow cooker and cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high.
Once cooked, remove the chicken and shred it with two forks. Don’t add it back to the slow cooker just yet!
Place 2 cups of the soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Add it back into the slow cooker and stir until mixed.
Chicken it up!
Add the chicken and cilantro and stir until well mixed.
Stove Top vs Slow Cooker
While I have not tried making this recipe on the stove top, I am sure you could do it. If I were you and wanted to try this I would:
- Combine all the ingredients in a large pot and combine then add the chicken
- Bring to a boil on high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the chicken is cooked, this will probably take 30-40 minutes.
Then the rest would be the same! Shred the chicken, blend the soup and stir it all together and PRESTO an easy stove top healthy white chicken chili recipe!
How to Freeze Soup
Freezing soup isn’t as easy as it sounds, so you want to follow these steps.
Cool – the most important step to freezing this white chicken chili, and any soup, is to cool your soup completely first!
Pick your container – if you want to freeze in individual servings, I suggest freezer Ziploc bags. If you know you are freezing for a larger quantity to people, you could use large freezer safe storage containers
TIP: liquid expands in the freezer, so make sure you leave extra room in your container or bag!
Label – once it’s in the container, label your soup with the date your stored it. You can freeze soup for up to 3 months.
Freeze – now find a space in your freezer and freeze until ready to eat!
Honestly, you may as well just go ahead and make a double batch RIGHT NOW.
Pinky promise you’re going to thank yourself later.
Other Healthy Soup Recipes
Healthy White Chicken Chili
- Slow cooker
- 3 Cups Reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 Cup Frozen corn kernels
- 1 Can Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Large onion, diced
- 1 Jalapeno (not seeded), diced
- 4 tsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 3 tsp Ground coriander
- 2 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Lb Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro, chopped
- Place all the ingredient, except the chicken and cilantro into a large 7 quart slow cooker and mix well.
- Add the chicken into the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred it. Don't mix it back in just yet.
- Remove 2 cups of the soup from the slow cooker and pour into a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy and then pour back into the slow cooker, stirring to combine. Then, stir in the shredded chicken and cilantro.
- SLURP UP!
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 4 POINTS+: 6 OLD POINTS: 4
(Per 1/4 of the chili)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!