This Easy Vegan Gluten Free Apple Crisp Crumble is made with simple, wholesome ingredients and is SO yummy and cozy! A healthy dessert for cold nights!
PIN Easy Vegan Gluten Free Apple Crisp Crumble
Is it socially awkward to be face planting into a dairy free apple crisp in August?
In my defense, there’s only, like, 4 MORE DAYS of August which means it’s practically September. WHICH MEANS that it’s basically Fall.
AKA: eat ALL THE PUMPKIN AND APPLE FLAVORED TREATS. <– Yep, that’s a warning. Some pumpkin and apple flavored treats (that even put pumpkin spice paleo magic cookie bars and apple paleo cheesecake with caramel TO SHAME) are coming SOON to a face near you.
(Your face. FYI)
Ringing in the-practically-Fall-season with a sweet and crispy-crunchy vegan apple crisp recipe just seemed like the right thing to do since it’s probably one of the HOMIEST, COZIEST and EASIEST dessert recipes to ever be created in our food-eating-lives.
Come fall, apple crisp is ALMOST not even a food. More of a lifestyle because of it being just the YUMMIEST to eat when that fall CHILL comes into the air. Whether it’s this version or maybe a maple apple crisp, it’s just SO GOOD.
When you take a bite of this easy vegan gluten free apple crisp crumble, you’re gonna be shimmying into that over sized cozy sweater, lighting a little fire and imagining your hanging out at your Grandma’s kitchen table because it is just THAT cozy and magical.
It also happens to be a vegan apple crisp recipe WITH OATS. Which are the main ingredients in healthy breakfast items like apple pie overnight oats OR apple healthy oatmeal protein pancakes with Greek Yogurt which are ALMOST the same as this recipe.
Sooooo, if you decide to forgo your usual overnight oats in favorite of a warm, spicy-sweet bowl of apple crisp with coconut oil, I will NOT blame you.
Pro tip: ice cream is basically the same as yogurt (a socially acceptable breakfast food) if you don’t think about it too much.
So, liiike, LAY IT ON THERE BABY.
There are some requirements when it comes to making Paleo Vegan Apple Crisp, so this recipe needed to have:
- Soft, tender apples that still had JUST enough crunch to please your inner texture-y-food-loving-soul
- An OBSCENE amount of spicy-sweet cinnamon sensation, swirling throughout each bite
- A HEAVY hand of crispy-crunchy, BUTTERY crumbles on top.
IMO if the ratio of crumbles to apple is not, hmmm, about 5:1 then it is NOT an apple crisp situation that I want in my life.
Don’t need that kind of negativity you KNOW?
This SUPER STINKING easy vegan gluten free apple crisp crumble is tickin’ ALL THE BOXES. Kinda reminds me of the easy vegan gluten free strawberry rhubarb crisp, except without strawberries and rhubarb because you’re a normal person who doesn’t eat those Summer fruits in the fall.
*Hides carton of strawberries currently in my fridge so you don’t judge me.*
In other news, the combination of chewy, wholesome oats, crispy & toasted almonds and almond flour is nothing short of a masterpiece.
Side note: not digging the oats? Try some paleo apple crisp instead!
The nuttiness of the DOUBLE dose of almonds with the classic oatmeal is going to dance on the tip of your tongue with spicy cinnamon and that sweet pop of coconut-y sugar in a way that will make you CRY it’s just SO GOOD. Pro tip: add some dairy free vegan caramel sauce!
But, my friends, when you get to the bottom of the pan (all by yourself. Don’t even pretend like that’s not going to happen) don’t cry because it’s over.
Cry because it happened.
But don’t do some very “tween girl” thing and get that saying tattooed on your forehead okay?
It’s okay to love apple crisp. Just not that much.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Almond Flour Paleo Cinnamon Rolls
Peanut Apple Bites with Kettle Corn
Paleo Apple Gluten Free Coffee Cake
For the apples:
- 2 Large Apples, peeled and cored (I used Fuji)
- 3 Tbsp Coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp Almond flour
- 2 tsp Tapioca starch
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Fresh lemon juice
For the topping:
- 1/2 Cup Rolled, old fashioned oatmeal (GF if needed.) (45g)
- 1/3 Cup Almond flour (34g)
- 1/4 Cup Tapioca starch (30g) *
- 1/4 Cup Slivered almonds, roughly chopped (22g)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3 Tbsp + 1/2 tsp Coconut oil, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and rub a pie plate with coconut oil. Slice all the apples very thinly.
- In a large bowl, stir together the apples and ALL of the apple ingredients and spread evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- In a separate medium bowl, stir all the topping ingredients together, except the oil. Once mixed, add in the oil and use your hands to mix together until crumbly, leaving some large crumbs for texture.
- Spread all over the top of the apples and bake until golden brown and the apples are soft and bubbly, about 50-60 minutes. Let cool for 10-20 minutes.
- DEVOUR with dairy-free ice cream!
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: Freestyle SmartPoints: 15. Points+: 11. Old Points: 8
(per 1/4 of the crisp)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment