Just letting you know that these soft and CHEWY coconut protein cookies with almond butter are sponsored by my friends at ALDI!
This protein cookie recipe uses almond butter to make them extra soft and chewy! You will never know these are gluten free and healthy!
Pin Coconut Protein Cookies with Almond Butter
Yep. You’re reading that right.
Protein powder cookies are a real thing that exist on this universe and they’re going to be your new favorite treat on account of being:
- The BEST texture that your cookie-loving-mouth could ever DREAM of munching.
Liiiike, think of eating both a pillow AND a cloud at the same time (studded with little gems of OOEY GOOEY melty chocolate) and that is what eating this protein powder cookie recipe is like.
Except without having to get feathers or foam or anything else awkward that would happen if you ate a real pillow.
- So stupid-simple-made-in-one-bowl kinda easy.
Internet friends. There is ZERO percent chance of you messing these up. YOU CAN DO THIS.
- MADE WITH PROTEIN POWDER.
Why yes, that does mean that you can have your cookies right after your workout and feel VERY SOLID and 100% about the choices that you make in your real-person life.[click_to_tweet tweet=”These Coconut Almond Butter Protein Cookies will be your favorite post workout #snack! @AldiUSA #ALDILove #Glutenfree” quote=”These Coconut Almond Butter Protein Cookies will be your favorite post workout #snack! @AldiUSA #ALDILove #Glutenfree” theme=”style2″]
Not just any protein powder though. The protein-packed ingredient in question is Elevation by Millville Chocolate Protein Powder sold at ALDI, which is SO good that it won AN AWARD.
This perfectly-sweet, yet rich and INDULGENT (but gluten free and healthy!) protein powder was voted the Best New Protein Powder by Consumers,* and no other brand won more awards than ALDI in the BrandSpark American Shopper Survey!
You remember the low carb whole30 paleo salmon cakes where I first introduced you to ALDI, yes? Well now you need to make a grocery store trip to snag THIS protein (and all the other award-winning goodies)
I’m about 99% confident that you already know about ALDI. But, just in case you are not “IN THE KNOW,” ALDI has amazing, high-quality groceries at prices that you are gonna L-O-V-E. They have everything for whatever diet you follow, and it’s all fresh and just so awesome. <– I do A LOT of grocery shopping for all the recipes I make, so all of this is KEY.
Soooo, protein. You know where to get it. You are now IN THE KNOW.
Because chocolate happens to be VRY VRY tasty with coconut and almond (hi homemade paleo almond joy bars and salted “almond joy” no bake bars) my inner wise person told me that creamy-DREAMY spirals of almond butter and a sprinkling of coconut on top was the RIGHT MOVE for these whey protein cookies.
PURE, SOFT, CHEWY, BLISSSSSSS.
This is what is about to go down in your life:
- You’re going to get up and go to ALDI right now. Nope, don’t even think about putting on your “real pants.”
When the end game is T-H-E-S-E, there is no wasting time for the nonsense that is real pants.
- You are going to come back and only dirty ONE bowl on your quest for muscle-building treats.
Optional step if you have children or a husband (or wife!): make them wash said one bowl because you are a QUEEN (or KING) and should not have to do such things.
- Sit in front of the oven and watch the cookies rise, impatiently waiting.
- Realize that you STILL have to wait for them to COOL COMPLETELY on the pan. Possibly have angry words for Taylor.
- Put on your big girl pants (these have pants-approval status) and wait.
- Realize that what I say is TRUTH because HOLY WHOA…
Coconut protein cookies are the post workout treat that you never knew you needed.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Healthy Chocolate Chip Avocado Cookies
Breakfast Cookies with Apples and Raisins
*According to results of the 2018 BrandSpark Best New Product Awards survey and real user feedback from Shopper Army.
- 1/2 Cup SimplyNature Almond Butter (128g)
- 5 Tbsp Coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp SimplyNature Coconut Oil
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 tsp Stonemill Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 6 Tbsp Elevation by Millville Chocolate Protein Powder (36g)
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Cocoa powder
- Pinch of Stonemill Salt
- 3 Tbsp Baker’s Corner Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1/4 Cup SimplyNature Coconut Flakes (15g)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Place the almond butter in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until smooth and melted, about 1 min and 30 seconds.
- Add in the coconut sugar, oil, egg yolk and vanilla and beat with an electric hand mixer until mixed and the batter thickens. Add the egg and beat again until the batter begins to smooth out. *
- Add in the protein powder, cornstarch, cocoa powder and a pinch of salt and stir until smooth and sticky. Your batter will be a little thinner than usual cookie dough. Stir in 2 Tbsp of the chocolate chips. Place into the freezer for 10 minutes to make the dough easier to work with.
- Spread the coconut flakes on a shallow, sided plate. Remove the cookie dough from the freezer and roll into 14, 1 Tbsp sized balls. Roll just the tops and sides of each ball in the coconut flakes and place onto the prepared pan. Flatten the cookies about 1/3 inch thick and press in the remaining 1 Tbsp of chips. Freeze again for 25-30 minutes, until they feel hard.
- Bake until the tops JUST feel set, about 11-13 minutes (they firm up a lot once cool.) Let them cool on the pan COMPLETELY.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT ALDI. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Keep in touch with ALDI on social media for more delicious ideas: Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/ Pinterest/ Blog
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 4 POINTS+:3 . OLD POINTS: 3
Leave a Comment