This Instant Pot Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup is a quick and easy, 30 minute dinner with a taste of the Middle East! Gluten free, low carb and paleo/whole30!
PIN Moroccan Instant Pot Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup
It’s all fun and games until you make a vegetable beef soup recipe…
that serves 8 people.
AND HAVE TO MAKE IT AGAIN TO TAKE PHOTOS.
Aaaand you’re currently a family of ONE. SOMETIMES 2 because your husband is away Monday-Friday for school, so he isn’t around to help you eat.
Yep. You guys. Literally have been slurping up this homemade vegetable beef soup for a LOOOOOT of meals. Which, liiike, I’m not mad about on account of it having SO MUCH nourishing, wholesome goodness in the form of ALL the veggies and this addicting spicy-sweet flavor that I CANNOT GET ENOUGH OF.
You KNOW that I am always having some sort of (VERY LONG) moment with Moroccan flavors – Moroccan healthy gluten free paleo breakfast casserole, a Moroccan chicken skillet or Moroccan roasted acorn squash soup – doesn’t matter. I’ll eat it.
I’m like a magical Moroccan-food-loving garbage can. If it has the zingy-zippy and warm cinnamon-spiced flavors of the Middle East? POOF! It is G-O-N-E if my food senses even BEGIN to tingle that it’s in the area.
If you are the kind of person who 1. Loves REALY easy dinners that pretty much require you to do NO work 2. LOVES big, bold FLAVOR with tons of texture AT THE SAME time and 3. Loves easy meals that also happen to freeze REAL WELL (I know this, on account of eating it forever and ever the end, remember?) this FLAVOR TOWN of a veg beef soup is going to make you feel what I imagine finding the elusive pot of gold at the end of the rainbow feels like.
Whiiich is probably, liike, PRETTY DARN HAPPY.
IF that is not you, then you can move right along to your bland and boring sandwich or whatever your boring-taste-bud self feels like eating. I’ll still love you.
Fun things to note about this Instant Pot hearty vegetable beef soup: just like the Instant Pot Turmeric Chicken and Vegetables, you can literally make the WHOLE THING in your Instant Pot because it’s one of the most magical contraptions and can do everything you ever wished something could do.
Except wash itself. STILL WAIITNG FOR THAT FUNCTION.
How to Make Vegetable Beef Soup
First things first: you’re gonna sauté up your ground beef until it’s JUST ALMOST done but not QUITE COOKED.
Then you’re gonna fall MADLY in love with the way your kitchen smells when you add the spicy likes of cinnamon, cumin, smoked paprika and just a KISS of Allspice. STIR STIR STIR.
Now you’re going to channel your inner rap star and make IT RAIN. Veggies that is. Not cash money. Or whatever they like to sing about. I’m still not sure.
Cover the bad boy up (make sure it’s set to sealing so you don’t have a soup explosion on your hands)
While you wait, get your slurping mouth ready. This is a very individual thing, so I’m not sure what yours looks like. Just make sure you’re prepared.
You can really just go to town on this soup all by itself. But, if you want to get fancy, a crusty slice of bread will 100% not be any sort of disappointment.
Back to leftover soup eating forever the end K BYE.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
- 4 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Lb Grass-fed 85% Lean ground beef
- 1 Large onion, roughly chopped
- 6 tsp Ground cumin
- 3 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp Ground allspice
- 4 Cups Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 Medium eggplant, cut into 1 inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1 Large zucchini, sliced into half moons (about 2 cups)
- 5 Cups Beef broth (not reduced sodium)
- 2 Cans Fire-roasted diced tomatoes (14 oz each)
- 1/4 Cup Tomato paste
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 3/4 Cup Cilantro, roughly chopped and packed
- 5 Tbsp Fresh mint, thinly sliced
- Heat the oil on "sautee" mode in your Instant Pot. Add the beef and cook until it's almost fully cooked, about 4 minutes. Add in the onion, cumin, cinnamon, smoked paprika and allspice and cook until the onions begin to soften and the beef is golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- While the beef cooks, place the cauliflower into a large food processor and pulse until the consistency of rice.
- Once the beef is done, add the cauliflower rice, along with all the other ingredients up to the cilantro and mint. Stir until well combined.
- Cover the Instant Pot (make sure the lid is set to sealing!) and turn to manual (it should automatically be set to high pressure.) Set it for 7 minutes and let the Instant Pot do it's thing. Once cooked, let it pressure release naturally.
- Once the pressure is gone, stir in the cilantro and mint and season to taste with additional salt.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: Freestyle SmartPoints: 5. Points+: 6. Old Points:5
(per 1/8 of the soup)
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!