Just wanted you to know that this fluffy Blueberry Cheesecake Stuffed Protein Waffle is sponsored by my friends over at Wonderffle!
This Stuffed Protein Waffle will become a family favorite! Packed with protein & filled with creamy, blueberry goodness!
Why you will LOVE This Recipe
Picture this: a weekend morning, a happy family gathered around the table, and a stack of WAFFLES piled up high, ready to be devoured! We have all things waffle covered here at FFF, whether you’re into protein waffles, eggnog gluten free vegan waffles or even cornbread pulled pork waffles. That’s right- there is something for everyone around here, and I guarantee today’s recipe will be a HUGE hit around your breakfast table. Please give a warm welcome to blueberry cheesecake stuffed protein waffles! These will take your waffle game up a notch (or 5) because they are rich, delicious, and pumped with protein to give you the energy you need to tackle the day ahead. Give these waffles a try and you will be glad you did!
Say What? Stuffed Waffles?
You heard it right my friend, I am partnering with Wonderffle to bring you the most amazing thing to ever hit your mouth: STUFFED. WAFFLES. *mic drop.*
Wonderffle is a stuffed waffle iron that helps you make a meal in a waffle. Because, why sandwich when you can waffle, am I right?!
Yes. Yes, I am.
The combinations you can create are endless. Simply make up your waffle batter, pour some into your Wonderffle Stuffed Waffle Maker, add your fillings, a little more batter and cook up!
POOF. Portable, delish, on-the-go-ready STUFFED WAFFLES!
Better yet? Wonderffle comes in a cast iron model (which I love since I have an induction stove top!) AND an aluminum model. There really is something for everyone!
Did I mention it’s CORDLESS?
Mhmmmmm…..mess-free, on-the-go waffle eating is going to be your new MOOD.
Now it’s time to round up everything we will need to make these blueberry cheesecake waffles a reality. You are going to LOVE that this recipe uses better-for-you ingredients and foods that you recognize and may already have kicking around your fridge and pantry. Here’s the full rundown on what you will need:
- Oat Flour
- Non-GMO Cornstarch
- Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Plain, Non-fat Greek Yogurt
- Large Egg
- Almond Milk
- Avocado Oil
- Lemon Extract
- Whipped Cream Cheese
How to make Blueberry Cheesecake Stuffed Protein Waffle
In a bowl, add the flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder and salt and whisk to combine. In a separate, larger bowl, add the yogurt, egg, milk, oil and extract. Whisk the wet mixture to combine. Now, add in the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk them together once again until combined.
Heat it Up
Preheat your Wonderffle Cast Iron Stuffed Waffle Maker until it’s nice and hot on both sides, and spray them liberally with cooking oil.
Pour about half the batter over the griddles, spreading it out evenly. Next, sprinkle on the blueberries and a bit of the sugar. Now, add the cream cheese and spread it out gently, followed by a bit more sugar. Pour the remaining batter overtop, then cook on both sides until they are golden brown.
Remove the waffle carefully from the Wonderffle Cast Iron Stuffed Waffle Maker using the built in tongs, then place it on a plate. Serve and enjoy!
If you know me, you will know that I LOVE mixing recipes up to keep mealtimes fun, interesting and NEVER boring. When it comes to this blueberry cheesecake stuffed protein waffle, go ahead and get creative. You could swap out the blueberries for blackberries or raspberries and I think it would be so scrumptious! Another fun idea would be to cook some diced apples in butter and cinnamon and add a bit of that mixture to your waffles.
more delicious recipes:
- healthy cheesecake stuffed baked apples
- cheesecake stuffed strawberries
- blueberry oatmeal with cheesecake swirl
For the waffle:
- 3 Tbsp Oat flour (20g) Gluten free if needed
- 3 Tbsp Non-GMO Cornstarch (24g)
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 Cup Plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 Large egg
- 1 Tbsp Almond milk (or any milk)
- 1 tsp Avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp Lemon extract
For the filling:
- 1/3 Cup Blueberries (thawed, if frozen)
- 2 Tbsp Whipped cream cheese
- 2 tsp Sugar
- Whisk together the flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, egg, milk, oil and extract. Add in the dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Preheat your Wonderffle Cast Iron Stuffed Waffle Maker on medium heat, heating up about 2-3 minutes per side and spraying liberally with cooking spray.
- Pour just over 1/2 of the batter to cover the griddles. Sprinkle the blueberries on followed by 1 tsp sugar. Then, put the cream cheese on, smoothing out very gently, followed by the remaining sugar.
- Gently pour over the remaining batter.
- Cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook another 4-6 minutes until golden brown.
- Use the tongs to remove the waffle to a plate (If it sticks a little, just use a butter knife to loosen the edges.)
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT WONDERFFLE. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Stay in touch with Wonderffle on social media for more delicious ideas! Facebook/Twitter/Instagram / Pinterest / Youtube
STAY IN DA KNOW WITH THINGS GOING ON AT FFF (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment