It’s ZUCCHINI SZN!
And when there are so many ways to zucchini, it might just be the best season.
Feeling carby? zucchini blueberry muffins understand,
Feeling zoodle-y? Zucchini noodles with pesto fried eggs will be so tasty!
Feeling like you need a little crispy-crunch? These fritters are your match made in heaven.
❤️ 💕 💝
In the summertime, warmer weather calls for light, crispy and delicious appetizers that the WHOLE family will enjoy! I love cooking up a batch of paleo cauliflower tater tots or perhaps some golden brown broccoli bites and dipping and dunking them in ALL the sauces. They are perfect for sharing with your crew, and today’s zucchini and corn fritters are just as addictive, golden and delish! They are light and crispy, made with good-for-you ingredients, and SO flavorful. On top of all of this, these fritters are also SO easy to throw together! Adults and kids alike are going to love them, so cook up a batch at your next get together! Here’s what you will need to make them:
- Fresh Corn
- Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Fresh Parsley
- Garlic, minced
- Lemon Zest
- All Purpose or GF 1:1 flour
- Baking Powder
- Large Egg
- Avocado Oil
How to make Zucchini Corn Fritters
Place the grated zucchini and onion onto a large kitchen towel. Sprinkle it with salt and let it sit while you work. Cut the kernels off the corn with a sharp knife and place them into a large bowl. Add the cheese, parsley, garlic and lemon zest to the corn.
Wring it Out
Roll up the zucchini and onions into the kitchen towel and do your best to wring out as much moisture as possible.
Add the zucchini and onion to the corn mixture and stir until well combined. In a small bowl, combine the flour and baking powder and then stir it into the veggie mixture. Finally, stir in the egg until everything is well incorporated.
Pour a thin layer of oil into a large pan and heat it to medium high. Drop the fritter batter into the oil by scoops. Cook for a few minutes on each side or until they are crispy and golden brown. Transfer the cooked fritters to some paper towel to remove excess oil and cool a bit.
Serve them up and enjoy!
Top Tips for Making Recipe for Zucchini Corn Fritters
- Wring out as much water as you can: Put some muscle into it when wringing out excess water from the zucchini! The more water you get out, the crispier your fritters will be.
- Use fresh corn: For the best results, I recommend using fresh corn cut straight from the cob. It’s more flavorful than frozen corn.
- Make sure they are golden brown: Resist the urge to turn the fritters too soon. Make sure the bottom side is nice and golden brown before flipping them to the other side.
- Fry Them: I don’t recommend baking these fritters as frying them will ensure a much crispier and more flavorful result!
Feel free to play around with this recipe to suit your dietary needs and preferences! If you want to put a Mexican spin on these zucchini corn fritters, feel free to add in a Mexican seasoning as well as a Mexican cheese blend. If you need them to be vegan zucchini and corn fritters, simply omit the cheese altogether as well as the egg and try a flax egg and some vegan cheese instead. I’ve never tried this so I cannot guarantee good results, but let me know how they turn out for you if you do!
Now that you’ve got a plate of hot and crispy fritters, it’s time to devour them! They are delicious served with sour cream and would be just as fabulous dipped in avocado dip or honey mustard dip to add some fun flavors to the mix.
Although the fritters will lose some crispiness if you don’t enjoy them immediately after cooking, they still make tasty leftovers. I recommend storing them in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days or a freezer style zip lock bag in the freezer for up to 2 months.
more zucchini recipes you may like
- cold summer zucchini noodle pasta salad
- low carb keto shrimp zucchini boats on the grill
- summer maple lime watermelon zoodle bowl
- 3 Cups Zucchini, grated (about 2 large zucchini)
- 2/3 Cup Onion, diced
- 3/4 tsp Salt, divided
- 1 Cup Fresh corn (about 1 large ear)
- 1/3 Cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/3 Cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 Tbsp Fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2-1 Tbsp Garlic, minced (depending how much you like Garlic )
- 1/2 tsp Lemon zest
- 1/2 Cup All purpose or GF 1:1 flour (67g)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Large egg, whisked
- Avocado oil, for frying
- Place the grated zucchini and onion on a large kitchen towel and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp of salt. Let sit while you prep the other ingredients (let it sit for at least 10 mins)
- Use a sharp knife to cut the kernels off the corn and place into a large bowl.
- Add in the cheese, parsley, garlic and lemon zest.
- Wrap the zucchini and onion in the kitchen towel and wring out as much water as you can. Put some muscle into it and do it a few minutes because the more water you get out, the crispier the fritters.
- Add the zucchini mixture into the bowl and stir.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder, then stir into the zucchini mixture. Stir in the egg until well mixed.
- Heat a thin layer of oil on medium heat and drop the fritters by scant 1/4 cup scoops, using the spoon to press out about 1/3 inch thick.
- Cook until golden brown and crispy, about 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and blot off excess oil.
- Serve with dip or sour cream and DEVOUR!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!