These Almond Crusted Chicken Bites only take 20 minutes, and use 6 ingredients. They’re baked, not fried and are a healthy dinner or high protein snack!
PIN Almond Crusted Chicken Bites
Hey okay hi!
You are going to want to eat these.
I made these baked almond chicken bites for dinner and then asked Mr. FFF if he wanted leftover for lunch.
But then I reverted back to 5-year-old Taylor, who doesn’t like sharing, and gave him a boring avocado spread sandwich and I kept them ALL for myself because they are just that good.
They’re smoky. They’re sweet. They’re crunchy. They’re juicy and I just 10/10 recommend that you drop EVERYTHING that you planned to make for dinner and make this almond chicken recipe instead.
Even though they’re more of an appetizer. BUT YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHEN YOU MAKE THEM.
Baked Almond Crusted Chicken Ingredients
To make these little bites of crispy crunchy bliss you will need:
- Chicken (duh)
- Egg whites
- Smokehouse almonds (or pecans if you want to make pecan crusted chicken!)
- Greek yogurt
- Dijon mustard
Simple easy ingredients are all you need for this chicken bites recipe and I am willing to bet you probably already have MOST of them.
Maybe not the almonds. But you should because they are just so snackable and GOOD.
How to Make Baked Almond Crusted Chicken Bites
Honestly? These are easier than they look. It’s pretty much just like making chicken nuggets except using almond as the breading!
Pulse your almonds in a food processor until they broken down but NOT powdery. You want them to still have a little bit of texture and crunch!
Chop your chicken breast into 1-inch cubes.
Dip each chicken cube into your egg white, shaking any excess off. Then, use your other hand to dredge it in the crushed almond and put onto a greased cooling rack. Repeat with all the chicken
Place the cooling rack on a baking sheet into a 475-degree oven. Bake for 6 minutes then flip and bake another 4-6 minutes until crispy.
DIP AND DEVOUR!
How to make Baked Chicken Bites Crispy
The key to making these CRISPY is the cooling rack. If you put your chicken right onto the pan, the air cannot circulate under, which doesn’t allow it to get crispy. Adding some elevation solves this problem!
Baked Almond Crusted Chicken Mix Ups
You could make these bites with any roasted salted nut! Some options might be:
- Roasted salted cashews. Maybe with a curry dipping sauce?
- Roasted salted pistachios (like the pistachio crusted chicken!)
- Wasabi almonds. Maybe with a peanut sauce to dip?
- Regular almonds (like the baked nuggets in the air fryer) even with ketchup!
If you’re making these almond crusted chicken bites for game day (recommend!) you can do all the breading 1 or 2 hours before you bake them, and then cover and refrigerate the bites.
When you’re ready to eat, just pop them in the oven and COOK!
Which actually might be your new favorite discovery.
Either way, it’s safe to say that smoky and sweet chicken bites are going to be your new go to food on a stick.
Other Healthy Chicken Recipes
For the Bites
- 3/4 Cup Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds
- 1/2 Lb Chicken breast cut into cubes
- 1 Large egg white
- Place the almonds in a small food processor and pulse until the almonds break down into small chunks. Be careful not to turn them into flour, as they will not stay crunchy then.
- Set up your stations by place the cubed chicken onto a small plate, your egg white into a small bowl and spread the almonds onto a small, plate with edges. Sprinkle the chicken generously with salt.
- Take one chicken cubes and douse it into the egg white, shaking off any moisture. Then place it into the plate with the almonds. Using your opposite hand, roll the chicken in the almonds, pressing lightly to adhere. Repeat until all cubes are coated.
- Carefully place the chicken onto the rack, making sure they don't fall through the cracks. and leaving space between each piece. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake the chicken until the outside is golden brown and crispy, about 6 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 4-6 minutes on the other side.
- While the chicken cooks, mix together the all of the dip ingredients in a small bowl.
- Serve the chicken with the dip and DEVOUR.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 8 POINTS+: 9. OLD POINTS: 8
(per 1/4 of the recipe)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!