These Almond Crusted Chicken Bites only take 20 minutes, and use 6 ingredients. They’re baked, not fried and are a healthy appetizer to serve at parties!
Oh well hi there you hungry looking human you!
You know what you need? Food. Because, word on the street is, that is what you give boys and girls with a case of empty belly syndrome.
But, if we’re going to really get specific here, methinks that you need food…on a stick.
That you can eat with your hands.
Because we all know 1. Food on a stick > Food on a plate AND 2. knives and forks can be all sorts of hard to maneuver, and they can get tangled in your food and cause MAJOR issues.
Remember the gluten free pancake skewers? Point proven.
However, the above issues could just be my personal experiences though.
I feel like you need a third reason to love these crunchy on the outside, tender on the inside almond crusted chicken bits. So, here you go:
- GAME DAY. It’s almost here. The day that is marked by burly men running around in one color (don’t they know that being matchy-matchy was SO 2005?) and groups of friends hanging out in homes, cheering loudly and munching on things like potato poppers and BBQ Chicken Summer Rolls?
OR like things on sticks.
Like THE EASIEST EVER bites of chicken coated in Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds.
Which are then dipped in 3 ingredient, GREEK YOGURT (are you counting the double protein goodness here?) Honey Mustard Sauce.
I know you grew up on honey mustard chicken tenders. Don’t lie and try to tell me otherwise.
These almond crusted chicken bites are like the baked chicken tenders of your childhood. But dressed up in a suit.
They fancy ya’ll.
BUT, not so fancy that you can’t whip them up in 20 minutes and serve them to all those people that are going to be coming over.
Basically, everybody is winning here. MAYBE EVEN YOUR FAVORITE TEAM? <— See what I did there? 😉
To crust the chicken bites, I used the Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds. Have you guys tried these? I seriously hope you have because, even though Blue Diamond makes some insanely delish flavors, these have been my all-time fav for all the evers.
I just can’t say no to anything with my beloved crunchity-crunchy AND smokey nums. It’s a total touchdown.
Really, they’re a game changer.
I can’t stop with the football lingo. Will you forgive me?
Not only is using almonds a much better for you way to coat these chicken nibbles, they’re also baked to crispy, golden-brown perfection.
None of that fried shenanigans anywhere in sight.
But, what is in sight is you. Enjoying your Game Day. Not slaving in the kitchen…because you’re an ALLSTAR and already knocked it out of the park with a so-easy-it’s-almost-silly home run of an appetizer.
Am I getting my sports confused?
There’s almond crusted chicken bites to eat.
Almond Crusted Chicken Bites with Honey Mustard Dip
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees and place a small cooling rack[/url]on a [url href=http://amzn.to/1NbF1VM target=_blank rel=nofollow]baking sheet. Spray the cooling rack with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the almonds in a small food processorand pulse until the almonds break down into small chunks. Be careful not to turn them into flour, as they will not stay crunchy then.
- Set up your stations by place the cubed chicken onto a small plate, your egg white into a small bowl and spread the almonds onto a small, plate with edges.
- Take one chicken cubes and douse it into the egg white, shaking off any moisture. Then place it into the plate with the almonds. Using your opposite hand, roll the chicken in the almonds, pressing lightly to adhere. Repeat until all cubes are coated.
- Carefully place the chicken onto the rack, making sure they don't fall through the cracks. and leaving space between each piece. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake the chicken until the outside is golden brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, mix together the all of the dip ingredients in a small bowl.
- Serve the chicken with the dip and DEVOUR.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
If you make this recipe, please remember to tag @foodfaithfit and #foodfaithfitness on Instagram! I LOVE seeing your recipe recreations! 🙂
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. Thank you for allowing me to continue to create great content to give to you on FFF by supporting brands that I love!
Want more Game Day grub?
Healthy Nachos with Kale and Sweet Potato
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!