Quick and easy, gluten free pumpkin oatmeal muffins that are healthy, delicious, and full of cranberries! Perfect for breakfast or snack!!
Pin Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
Is there anything better than a fluffy, crispy, muffin top?
I mean the whole muffin is good and all, but the top? That’s where it’s at.
And these healthy pumpkin muffins have the most DOMED bakery style tops that are bursting with chewy dried cranberries and spicy cinnamon and ginger and it’s this combination that just SCREAMS fall and I can pinky swear that you are going to like it.
Especially once you find out there is NO oil, yet the moist and tender level is OUT OF CONTROL.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins Ingredients
Just like the gluten free chocolate chip muffins and gluten free zucchini muffins, the ingredients here are what you would expect in a classic muffin:
- Oat flour
- Pumpkin pie spice, ginger and cinnamon
- Baking powder, soda and salt
- Canned pumpkin
- Coconut sugar
- Greek yogurt
- Almond milk
- Dried cranberries
How to make Oat Flour
You can easily buy oat flour If you’d like but making your own oat flour is super easy!
Step 1: Put rolled old fashioned oats into a high-powered blend
Step 2: blend on high power for 1 minute
VOILA. You just made your own oat flour!
How to Make Healthy Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
In a bowl mix your dry ingredients and in a separate large bowl, whisk your wet ingredients.
Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk until they are JUST combined. Then, stir in the dried cranberries.
The secret to making really domed muffin tops is to refrigerate the batter. So, cover your batter and refrigerate for 1 hour before baking.
Once chilled, use an ice cream scoop (also helps with domed tops) to fill 8 muffin cavities
Bake at 450 degrees for 5 minutes and then 375 degrees for 15-17 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool completely in the pan.
Pro tip: although we’re leaving the butter out of them, they are EXTRA delicious with a shmear of butter on top of them ????
This is a healthy pumpkin muffins recipe for a few reasons:
Flour: instead of all-purpose flour, we’re using oat flour to make our muffins.
Sugar: instead of cane sugar, we’re using coconut sugar which adds a really nice depth of flavor and texture as well! It’s one of my favorite sugars!
Oil: instead of oil or butter, these muffins use Greek yogurt to make them moist and fluffy and it adds a little protein punch!
Pumpkin: the pumpkin is there for flavor (duh) but it also adds to the moistness so we can keep these oil free muffins!
Sweet, spicy and a little bit tangy.
These are what muffin dreams are made of.
Other Healthy Muffins:
Gluten Free Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 1/4 Cups Oat flour (135g)
- 1 1/2 tsps Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Canned pure pumpkin
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 Cup Plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Un-sweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/3 Cup Dried cranberries roughly chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice, ginger powder and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, egg, sugar Greek yogurt, almond milk and vanilla until well combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, followed by the cranberries. Mix until just combined. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat your oven to 450 degrees and spray a muffin pan with cooking spray. Fill 8 of the cavities about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Then, turn the heat down to 375 degrees and bake another 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool COMPLETELY in the pan.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 6 POINTS+: 4. OLD POINTS: 3
(per muffin based on the recipe making 8)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!