Just wanted to let you know that these crispy, crunchy paleo baked zucchini fritters are sponsored by my friends over at Redmond Real Salt!
These EASY Baked Zucchini Fritters are SO crispy, you’ll never believe they’re baked not fried! Gluten free, low carb, whole30 and insanely tasty!
PIN Paleo Baked Zucchini Fritters
Stacks on stacks of golden-brown crispy snacking gems that are going to make you NOT mad to eat vegetables.
There is a special little place in the world for food that consists of frying vegetables to make them WAY MORE yummy and we call that place “heaven”
You and I both know that we welcome our vegetal friends into our mouths a WHOLE LOT easier when there is a little crispy-fried-goodness involved.
And this zucchini fritters recipe? It’s LIKE THAT. BUT WITHOUT THE ACTUAL FRYING PART.
All the texture you want:
- Crispy, golden brown GOODNESS on the outside
- Tender, soft and just a little bit chewy on the inside
- CRUNCHY edges
Are you that person that “calls” the edge pieces of the paleo brownies? ME TOO.
You’re reallllly gonna dig the crunchy-edge-situation that you’re about to find yourself in then. Really, the whole oven baked zucchini fritter situation because, liiike, BEST ZUCCHINI FRITTERS EVER.<– Pro tip: Serve them with paleo keto pork tenderloin with pistachio pesto. The combination is just so DANG good.[click_to_tweet tweet=”SO crispy that you’ll never believe these #paleo zucchini fritters are baked, not fried! @RealSalt #Whole30 #Keto” quote=”SO crispy that you’ll never believe these #paleo zucchini fritters are baked, not fried! @RealSalt #Whole30 #Keto” theme=”style2″]
How to make zucchini fritters
Making the paleo baked zucchini fritters starts with grated zucchini (nope, you don’t have to peel it!) that has ALL the excess moisture rung out from it. You’re gonna wanna put it in a kitchen towel and get your workout in for the day by TWIST-TWIST-TWISTING until you’ve got as much water as possible out.
SRSLY. It IS a workout.
Then you add your seasonings (more on that in a sec) a little parsley for some FRESHness, one egg white (not the whole egg or you’ll throw off your ratios!) and some olive oil, almond flour and coconut flour to bind it all together!
Like the paleo cauliflower tots, both the olive oil and the almond flour helps give these paleo baked zucchini fritters some CRUNCH and also adds a LOT of yummy flavor that’s gonna make your taste buds NOT EVEN BELIEVE you when you tell them they’re eating vegetables.
You want to press the fritters out REALLY thin on a parchment lined baking sheet. These are not like my zucchini corn fritters where the oil makes them crispy even if they are thick!
Then, bake at 400 degrees until golden brown, and then give ‘em a little broil for X-TRA crispy goodness!
Except we’re taking zucchini, not peas. Stay on track friends.
Now the seasonings. We’re stealing a page from both the garlic steak and potato foil packets and dairy free paleo fudge playbooks and using Redmond Real Salt! Except it’s they’re brand spankin’ N-E-W (and so, so delicious!) Organic Lemon Pepper and Organic Garlic Pepper. <–DELISH, MSG Free flavorings that are packing some SRSLY fresh, flavorful PUNCH! And you can find them on Amazon. BONUS.
Zesty, lemony yums swirling with crispy zucchini? CHECK. Punchy notes of peppery garlic? OH YEA GIRL. (OR BOY.)
Flavor gang is ALL there and it only takes a few TWISTS.
Of the Real Salt grinders that is. Not the dance. Although if you wanna dance, I’m not stopping you.
YOU DO YOU.
OHBOYOHBOY the DIP. Can’t believe we took 444 words to get here because IT IS GOOD.
Aaaand I can’t actually take 100% credit for it. My roommate (hi roomie!) was tasting these paleo baked zucchini fritters and I asked her “what do you think of making a dip?” and her eyes widened as she exclaimed “YES! How about a dill dip?”
She’s only lived with me one month and is already making YOUR life better on account of having SERIOUSLY awesome taste buds/general ideas about life and GOOD FOOD.
Just think about that moment when zesty-lemony-garlicky-crispy zucchini fritters meets CREAMY, FRESH dill and the flavors dance around your mouth.
It’s like fireworks inside your face.
PSA: no taste buds will be harmed in the making of this recipe.
Other recipes you might like:
Zucchini Low Carb Muffins with Tahini
For step-by-step instruction of this recipe, watch my video tutorial below:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE! New recipes posted each week!
For the fritters:
- 3 Cups Grated zucchini, packed (about 2 large zucchinis)
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil, divided
- 2/3 Cup Onion, diced
- 20 Twists Real Salt Organic Lemon Pepper
- 20 Twists Real Salt Organic Garlic Pepper
- 6 Tbsp Parsley, minced
- 3/4 - 1 tsp Real Salt Sea Salt *
- 1 Cup Almond flour (100g) **
- 2 tsp Coconut flour
- 1 Egg white
- Olive oil spray
For the dip:
- 1/2 Cup Paleo-friendly Mayo
- 5 tsp Fresh lemon juice
- 4 tsp Fresh dill, chopped and tightly packed
- 4 Twists Real Salt Lemon Pepper
- Real Salt Sea Salt, to taste
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (not a silpat.) .Use a dark colored baking sheet if you have one as it helps crisp them!
- Place the grated zucchini in a kitchen towel and ring out as much moisture as you can. Put some muscle into it so your fritters don't get soggy. Add it into a large bowl.
- Heat 2 tsp of the oil up in a large pan on medium heat, reserving the rest for later. Cook the onion until soft and golden brown, and then add it into the zucchini.
- Add the lemon pepper, garlic pepper, parsley, salt, almond flour and coconut flour. Stir until well mixed. Add in the egg white and stir well into the zucchini mixture.
- Drop on the prepared baking sheet by 16 scant 1/4 cup balls - or about 3 Tbsp. Press out very flat (about 1/4 of an inch) and spray the tops with the olive oil spray. (You may need to cook in two batches)
- Bake until the edges are golden brown and the top is slightly crispy, about 25-30 minutes. Then, turn your oven to HIGH broil and broil until crisp, about 2-3 minutes. Watch closely as these can burn FAST.
- Mix all the dip ingredients together and DEVOUR with the fritters!
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT REAL SALT. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Stay in touch with Redmond Real Salt on social media for other tasty recipes:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 7 POINTS+: 6 . OLD POINTS:6
(per serving – 2 fritters and about 1 heaping Tbsp of dip)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF! 13