These Hazelnut Paleo Brownies serve just two people are SO quick, easy and delicious! You won’t believe these rich, fudgy brownies are healthy!
Welcome to the next installment of “it’s Monday so I’m making you MEGA CHOCO CRAZY Paleo-Friendly treats for your face. And for your love’s face. Because it’s another FOR TWO recipe.” <3
I was going to ask you if you were mad at me for posting another SUPER CHOCOLATELY, healthy AND paleo treat. Since we just had those Chocolate Lava Cakes LAST MONDAY (with the first video ever on FFF!)
But, then I realized that whoever said “there are no stupid questions” was a liar.
Because that would MOST DEFINITELY be a stupid question. No one can be mad at healthy AND chocolate 2 Monday’s in a row. Unless you hate chocolate.
And then I don’t know if there is hope for your soul. KIDDING.
Let’s move on before you all unfriend me, or whatever, shall we?
Because this Monday is last Monday’s copy-cat, I am ALSO equally as pumped to share this recipe with you. Yes, because it’s like WHOA delicious but ALSO because it was never meant to happen.
It was supposed to be a deep-dish Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie (stay tuned for those!) but then I added too much liquid. And it became one the greatest failure-turned-NOT SO FAILURE recipes that I have ever created. !!!
This is the kind of healthy brownie that when I say “Serves 4” it really means serves “2″
I mean….it’s valentine’s day. Ignore the normal serving size and just eat it right out of the skillet with your sweetie. Maybe even with a scoop of Go Dairy Free’s Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Ice Cream on top?
You like this plan. I know it.
SRSLY. Face planting is 110% acceptable.
Anyway. These also happen to be the kind of brownies that you have to throw into the garbage, and cover with any kind of disgusting thing you can find…and then you STILL try to dig around it to get pieces out to “taste test.”
I can feel your judging eyeballs. BUT don’t lie. I know that you know what I’m talking about.
Can we talk about hedgehogs now? I know you’re all WHERE DID THAT COME FROM? But, let me ‘splain. I told MR. FFF that these brownies taste exactly like a hedgehog.
He replied “I know you guys are all wilderness-y up in Canada, but really Taylor? You eat Hedgehogs?”
We do not. Hedgehogs are a Canadian chocolate that are shaped like a hedgehog, and tastes like hazelnut. THEY’RE SO GOOD. But apparently you guys don’t have them here? ANYONE?!
And, if you don’t like hazelnuts well, who are you? BUT really, I also tried these with Almond Meal and they are OHSOGOOD. You have options people.
Except eating, loving and being consumed by the fudgy, melty goodness of these brownies.
That, my peeps, is not an option.
For step-by-step instruction of this recipe, watch my video tutorial below:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE! New recipes posted each week!
Paleo Hazelnut Skillet Brownies
- 1 Cup Finely ground Hazelnut Meal/Flour * 3.5 oz
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Grass-Fed Butter melted
- 1/2 Cup Coconut sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp Dark Chocolate roughly chopped (1 oz)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and lightly butter a 6 inch Cast Iron skillet. Set aside.
- In a small food processor, add the Hazelnut Meal, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt and process until the meal breaks down and becomes lighter, and closer to the texture of flour. This only takes a minute or so. Set aside.
- Using an electric hand mixer, beat the melted butter and coconut sugar until the sugar is just moistened. Add in the egg and vanilla extract and beat for 2 minutes, until the mixture turns lighter brown and the coconut sugar starts to break down.
- Add the Hazelnut Meal mixture into the sugar mixture, along with the chopped chocolate. Stir until everything is evenly mixed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared skillet and smooth down evenly with a spatula.
- Bake until the top feels lightly crunchy, the edges begin to darken and a toothpick inserted in the middle of the brownie comes out clean, about 16-17 minutes.
Let cool for 5 minutes and DEVOUR.
*I also tried this with finely ground Almond Meal, as I know Hazelnut can be tricky to find. It tastes great and you can sub it directly and use 1 cup (3.5oz)
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?If you try this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @foodfaithfit, using the hashtag #foodfaithfitness
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
If you make this recipe, please remember to tag @foodfaithfit and #foodfaithfitness on Instagram! I LOVE seeing your recipe recreations! 🙂
Want more healthy brownies?
Gluten Free Brownie Cheesecake Sandwiches
Mini Cherry Gluten Free Brownies
Paleo Brownies from around the web:
Sweet Potato Paleo Brownies – Great Food and Lifestyle
Raw Sticky Brownie Bars – Oatmeal with a Fork
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!