This Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe is made with coconut oil and almond butter, so it tastes like an Almond Joy! They’re quick, easy and SO rich that you would never know they’re healthy and paleo friendly!
Hi. Hai. OHMYGOSH HIHIHIHII!
As you can tell, I am really excited. AND it’s MONDAY, and I’m STILL pumped up!
And that can only mean one thing. I ate eleventy billion energy bites this morning.
ACTUALLY, in this case, it means three SUPERDUPER with a side of OH MY GAHHHHSH I CAN HARDLY CONTAIN MYSELF things.
NUMBAH ONE: It’s that time again. I’m joining up with my blogging buddy babes to bring ya’ll PALEO Valentine’s Day Desserts!
Did you catch that? A round up of desserts. THAT ARE HEALTHY. But, like, totally freaking amazing. Even if that was all that there was to this post, I would have the grounds to be as excited as I am.
SO, here’s what we got.
Lee has this Paleo Salted Dark Chocolate Mousse. It’s made with an avocado and coconut base, sweetened with maple syrup, and topped off with Himalayan Sea Salt for a decedent, guilt-free dessert! Click to get the Salted Dark Chocolate Mousse Recipe!
Lexi has got these AMAZING Raspberry Swirl Brownies! These fudgy paleo brownies are packed with warm chocolate chunks and topped with fresh raspberries and creamy raspberry swirls. The perfect festive treat for your Valentine, guilt-free! Click to get the Raspberry Swirl Brownie Recipe!
Raise your hand if your guy likes bourbon and bacon. Yep, I thought so! Kelly has this Maple Bourbon Bacon Dark Chocolate Bark with Pomegranates. It has love written all over it! Click to get the Dark Chocolate Bark Recipe!
Brittany has this CRAZY decadent looking Chocolate Coconut Tart! Cocoa powder and coconut cream come together to make this rich and creamy Paleo Chocolate Coconut Tart. Using all whole foods and sweetened with dates and maple syrup, this tart is a decadent treat you can feel good about indulging in. Click to get the Chocolate Coconut Tart Recipe!
Davida is bringing Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups! Who needs a cup when you can eat out of a cookie?! Customize your Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups by filling them with coconut cream, berries, more chocolate or whatever your heart desires! Click to get the Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups recipe!
Now. My high protein recipe. PALEO-friendly Chocolate Lava Cakes……….MADE WITH COCONUT OIL, ALMOND BUTTER and PROTEIN POWDER.
It’s like your favorite chocolate bar. Turned into a cake. And then that cake was turned into healthy delicious yums for your tums.
TODAY IS THE FIRST EVER RECIPE VIDEO ON FOOD FAITH FITNESSSSSSSSSS!
Seriously. I have been working on doing these FOREVA, and it’s FINALLY here. Now you know why I am all kinds of excited.
However, I’m actually breathing for the first time since starting to write this post. So maybe I’ll stop yelling at you.
But probably not.
SO the video. I’m super pumped at how it turned out, and I hope you L-O-V-E it too! I know it’s a little on the lengthy side, and I promise I’ll cut it down in the upcoming vids. ALSO, please let me know if you enjoy it and want to see more videos in the comments! I would L-O-V-E, the sequel, to hear your feedback.
I would also appreciate if you give it a thumbs up! And you can click to subscribe to my Youtube channel so you can see future videos! Anyway, here it is!
WHOOSH. That was the sound of me exhaling and sortofkindof beginning to calm down.
Now that I have 1 lung full of breath (I haven’t calmed down to the 2 lung-age area yet. You understand) can we talk about cakes that are cooked on the outside, but totally molten, runny and OHSO fudgey and ooey, gooey, get all up in yo’ face YUM on the inside.
OH, and cakes that, upon spooning into, have a surprise melty swirl of almond butter in their very heart and SOUL.
And all of that? Ya, kinda like this skinny flourless dark chocolate cake from Healthy Seasonal Recipes, it’s completely made of natural, real-food ingredients.
I kind of sort of want to run off with it into the sunset.
Mr. FFF can drive the getaway car or something. You know, so he doesn’t feel left out.
I know what you’re thinking peeps, so I am going to put a stop to those BAD UNTRUE BRAIN WORDS RIGHT NOW.
This cake is NOT HARD TO MAKE. At all. It’s pretty much goes like this: melt chocolate and oil. Beat eggs and coconut sugar and then add protein powder. Do a little mixy-spoon action, bake and VOILA.
PLUS, there’s a super helpful step by step video to refer too.
You know, just saying.
P. SSSSSS This makes 2 lava cakes.
And you celebrate Valentine’s Day with one other person. 1+1 =2.
You know what I’m saying.
Paleo Almond Joy Lava Cakes
- Cocoa powder for sprinkling
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 3 Oz Dark Chocolate I used 72% Cocoa
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1/4 Cup Coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp Grass-Fed Chocolate Whey Protein Powder *
- 1 Tbsp Almond Butter divided
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Rub 2 Ramekins with coconut oil and sprinkle with cocoa powder so that the inside is fully covered. Set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, melt the coconut oil and chocolate in the microwave using half power and microwaving for 20 seconds at a time. Stir after 20 seconds and repeat until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
- While the chocolate melts, beat together the egg, egg yolk, coconut sugar, vanilla extract and salt, using an electric hand mixer, until the the mixture lightens in color and the coconut sugar begins to break down, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the egg mixture into the chocolate/oil mixture, stirring constantly until everything is well mixed and the chocolate begins to thicken. Gently fold in the protein powder until well incorporated.
- Divide the batter between the ramekins, filling only half way up. Place 1/2 Tbsp ball of Almond butter in the center of each ramekin and gently divide the remaining batter, so that the ramekins are just over 3/4 of the way full.
- Place in the preheated over and bake until the outside is set, but the center looks a slightly soft and under-cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stand one minute. Then, gently run a knife along the outside of the ramekin and place a place upside down on top.Gently turn the plate/ramekin over and the cake will slide right out.
- DEVOUR immediately!
* If you don't have protein powder, I have had readers tell me that they have used cocoa powder with great results 🙂
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
If you’re wondering what Numbah 3 is! Well, today is me and the hubskerdoodles 2nd wedding anniversary! As you read this, we are lounging around in our pjs all day and eating “kid food.” Because we decided that Lunchables, cookie dough, and KRAFT dinner was the only way to celebrate two years of marriage. You get it.
If you make this recipes, please remember to tag @foodfaithfit and #foodfaithfitness on Instagram! I LOVE seeing your recipe recreations! 🙂
Want more “Almond Joy” goodness?
Healthy “Almond Joy” Cheesecake
Almond Joy Baked Donut Recipe
Healthy Chocolate Truffles with Almond and Coconut
Stay in DA KNOW (and get special behind-the-scenes info) by following along with FFF on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!