These Healthy Nachos are perfect for a quick and easy meal to share! Load up some homemade chips with fresh and healthy toppings!
Why you will LOVE These Nachos
When game day is coming up, we ALL know that one of the most important elements to a good party is the SNACKS! Undeniably. If youâ€™re into appetizers like air fryer chicken wings and vegan spinach dip, then I know you must be into the game day classic- nachos! But if youâ€™re looking for healthy appetizers to serve, you might be saying to yourself, â€œAre nachos healthy?â€ Well, the nacho recipe I have for you today definitely is a healthy one, but is loaded with amazing flavor and texture that canâ€™t be beat. You and your crew are going to love this healthier version of nachos!
How these Nachos are Healthy
Ok, so now that Iâ€™ve gotten your attention, itâ€™s time to show you why these nachos are healthy! And donâ€™t worry- the flavor is still AMAZING and the texture is on point when it comes to this nacho recipe. Here are a few healthy swaps I made:
Chips: Instead of using nacho chips from the store, I made my own healthy nacho chips by using tortillas and crisping them up in the oven myself. They are the bomb!
Beef: I browned up my own lean ground beef to add to these tasty nachos, adding protein and more delicious flavor.
Veggies: Nachos are ALL ABOUT the toppings, so I topped these with cheese, along with tomato and avocado!
Making your own healthy nachos at home is super simple, and also requires a variety of healthy, whole food ingredients to put together at home. Hereâ€™s the full rundown on everything you will need before getting started on this recipe:
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- 93% Lean Ground Beef
- Cheddar Cheese or Mexican Cheese Blend
- Roma Tomato
- Canned Jalapeno Peppers
- Sour Cream
How to make Healthy Nachos
Turn on your oven so that it can preheat. Rub both sides of your tortillas with oil and then cut them into triangles. Arrange the triangles on 2 separate baking sheets and sprinkle them evenly with salt. Pop them in the oven to bake until they are golden brown and crispy.
While the chips are baking, heat up a pan and add the beef. Break it up as you go and cook until it is no longer pink inside. Set aside.
Mix the cooked beef with the salsa thoroughly. Spread it evenly over top of the cooled tortilla chips, followed by the cheese.
Bake the nachos until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Spread the remaining ingredients overtop of the nachos. Serve it up and DEVOUR!
Other Topping Suggestions
If youâ€™re loving the sounds of this healthy nachos recipe but want to add a bit of your own flair to it, I say go for it! You could dress these nachos up or dress them down anyway youâ€™d like. For a bit of extra veggie goodness, consider adding some chopped bell peppers, green or red onions, and/or olives to the mix. For some extra spice, mix up some hot sauce in your sour cream before enjoying these nachos! You could even mix up some guacamole to serve on the side if you want.
more quick and healthy meals:
- healthy burger in a bowl
- healthy low carb chicken enchilada recipe
- bbq chicken low carb healthy quesadillas
- 4 8 inch tortillas (GF if needed)
- 1/2 Tbsp Olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1/2 Lb 93% lean ground beef
- 2/3 Cup Salsa
- 4 Oz Cheddar cheese OR mexican cheese blend (1 cup, very tightly packed)
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 2 Tbsp Canned jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 Cup Sour cream
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro, diced
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Rub the olive oil on both sides of the tortillas and then cut into 8 triangles.
- Arrange them in a single layer on two baking sheets, sprinkling with salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. Switch the pan places half way through.
- While the nachos bake, heat a medium pan on medium high heat and cook the beef until no longer pink inside, breaking it up as you cook.
- Once the nachos are cooked, let them cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir the salsa into the beef and divide it evenly on top of the nachos, followed by the cheese.
- Bake until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- Spread with remaining ingredients.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!