This quick and easy, healthy Three Bean Mexican Corn Black Bean Salad with avocado salsa dressing is the perfect Summer side! Gluten free, vegan and only one Weight Watchers Freestyle point!
PIN Three Bean Mexican Corn Black Bean Salad
Ole Ole Ole Ole HOT HOT HOT.
Real talk: it took me way too long to count how many “Ole’s” I was typing to get it right. Literally sitting on the couch alone singing Mexican songs to myself while my dog watches me like I’m insane.
Which I am. And being alone while Mr. FFF is gone is NOT HELPING THAT LIFE SITATUON.
Enough about me though. Lets just jump RIGHT IN TO this EASY Mexican bean salad that has the CREAMIEST, lightly tangy and HERBY cilantro lime dressing that you’re just gonna wanna sit in and stay awhile.
Don’t look at me like that. I K-N-O-W you’ve wanted to sit and stay awhile in GOOD FOOD too. I haven’t gone off the deep end. Yet.
Are you tired of Summer potluck side dishes yet? Clearly. I am not.
Truth be told, I’m not mad that I don’t have to make dinner regularly since the hubs isn’t home (he likes ‘real meals’) anymore. I can 100% exist on a bowl of low carb mock cauliflower potato salad, Mexican corn salad with honey lime shrimp, or a bowl of this three bean Mexican Corn Black Bean Salad with an RX bar and some random protein I scrounge around in the fridge for at ALL MEALS.
Now you know why summer sides have been on rep-EAT here lately. They give me dinner for A WHOLE WEEK.
This Mexican bean salad recipe though. If you’re one of those people that “doesn’t like beans” I 100% feel VRY VRY good about saying that you are going to HEART this version because:
- It has crunchy bursts of SMOKY grilled corn with a little POP of spicy cumin to jazzzzz it all up
- It’s PACKED with plant-based protein and fiber but, UHHH, actually tastes YUM in your mouth
- My dog could probably make it. FUR REAL (see what I did there. Just laugh.)
How to make three bean salad
Clearly, we have to start with 3 beans – red kidney, cannellini and black beans are the bean-o-choice here. Once you mix those together with green onions you’re almost done! Just add a little grilled corn and its time to make some Mexican Bean Salad dressing.
You know that saying “you’re not an avocado, you can’t make everybody happy?”
It’s true. And avocados are going to make you VRY VRY happy to be eating beans today because this cilantro-riffic, creamy and HEART HEALTHY salsa avocado dressing?
OFF THE CHAIN. I literally have been putting it over pasta for dinner sometimes. <– Good life idea. You need to try that.
How long can you keep three bean salad?
This three bean Mexican corn black bean salad stays good in the fridge for 2-3 days! It’s BEST if you serve it within 1 day, but if that doesn’t work for the busy-person life that I know you live, you’re gonna be A-OK.
What goes with 3 bean salad?
You probably don’t wanna pull a Taylor and eat some homemade paleo protein bars with this. Your family might be mad. So here are some yummy options to serve:
But if you decide on a protein bar, your secret is safe with me, my snack-meal twin.
Three Bean Mexican Corn and Black Bean Salad
For the salad:
For the dressing:
- 1 Small Avocado, mashed
- 2 Tbsp Fresh lime juice + more for garnish
- 1/4 Cup Salsa, of choice
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro, very tightly packed
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- Heat your grill to high heat. While the grill heats, rub the corn with the oil and then rub on the cumin and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Grilled the corn, turning every 6-9 minutes, until nice and charred. This takes 15-20 minutes. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- While the corn chills, add all the beans into a large mixing bowl. I like to take a paper towel and gently press them to get any excess water or canning liquid off. Add in the green onions and stir to combine.
- Use a very sharp knife and scrape off the cooked corn kernels. Add into the bowl with the beans and stir to combine.
- Add ALL the dressing ingredients in a SMALL food processor (mine is 3 cups) and process until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides frequently.
- Pour over the salad and stir until well coated. Season to taste with salt and then squeeze over the juice of 1/2-1 lime, depending much lime you like!
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 1 POINTS+: 4 . OLD POINTS:4
(per 1/8 of the salad)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!