This Fresh Corn Feta Salad is a gluten free, healthy no-cook Summer meal with the BEST mint vinaigrette! Even picky husbands love this salad!
PIN Fresh Corn Feta Salad
Is it really Summer without a new corn recipe? I think not.
Usually I like to add a little smoky goodness to my corn, like in the grilled pineapple mango salsa with corn, but this time? We made a FRESH corn salad and it’s honestly probably one of my favorite recipes I’ve ever made.
Mr. FFF’s too which is saying something because he 1. hates veggies and 2. can’t eat a lot of raw veggies because they hurt his stomach. He pushed through for this salad because it’s just “so good” he said.
Let’s talk about the mint for a second. I know it doesn’t seem like it fits with corn. Usually you think of Mexican corn salads or chicken burrito bowls when you think corn but, believe you me, something magical happens when you take fresh, sweet corn with fresh mint and creamy tahini.
Corn Feta Salad Ingredients
I am ALL ABOUT a good summer salad. And I’m not talking about a boring salad that involves just lettuce and dressing- nope! I like to spice things up by making ALL SORTS of tasty salads to keep it interesting and also keep it healthy and delicious! You and your crew are going to be wild over the salad I’ve got for you today; this easy corn salad is simple, includes wholesome ingredients, and is so fresh and tasty! Here’s what you’ll need to make it a reality:
- Lemon Juice
- Reduced sodium chicken broth or veggie broth
- Honey Mustard
- Fresh Mint Leaves
- Sea Salt
- Olive Oil
- Baby spinach and arugula blend
- Fresh sweet white corn
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Feta Cheese
What kind of Corn should I use?
When making up a bowl of this delicious corn salad recipe, It is imperative that you use the right type of corn! Fresh corn is the key and I recommend sweet corn, whether white or yellow! Don’t use frozen corn, as the texture and taste will be different because it thaws and becomes quite wet.
How to make Fresh Corn Feta Salad
We know the ingredients are wholesome and healthy. We know that the flavor is gonna be out of this world- I mean with the tahini, honey mustard, mint, and lemon juice, how could it not be!? It also is EASY PEASY so you can whip it up fast as a last minute dish anytime! Here’s how to make it!
To Make the Dressing:
In a small food processer (mine is about 3 cups), place all of the ingredients for the dressing except the oil and blend until everything is broken down and well mixed.
While the food processer is running, stream in the oil until smooth.
To Assemble the Salad:
Chop up the spinach and arugula mix and divide it between 2 bowls.
Using a sharp knife, carefully slice the corn kernels off the cobs and divide them evenly between the bowls. Also add the tomato, feta, and avocado evenly to the bowls.
Dress it Up
Divide the dressing between each bowl and finish it off with a pinch of salt. Serve and DEVOUR!
What Main Dishes go with Fresh Corn Salad?
I just love a fresh summery salad! This particular salad is a keeper because it adds freshness and color to any meal! Serve it up on the side of your meal to bring it all together! Here are a few dishes it compliments well:
- All the Grilled Food: This feta cheese salad would pair well with Tomato Grilled Moroccan Chicken, Cajun Grilled Cod, and with Caesar Grilled Chicken Burgers!
- Mexican Food: The flavors in this salad go GREAT with Chicken Mexican Rice Casserole and Mexican Zucchini Lasagna.
Can you store Corn Feta Salad?
If you’ve made this salad and are now OBSESSED (like Mr. FFF and I), or if you simply have some ingredients leftover, you can totally store it and assemble it again! HOWEVER, do not mix up the salad and store it that way or else it may become too soggy. I recommend storing the salad ingredients, cheese and dressing separately, and then pouring on the dressing and feta when it’s time to eat! These would be great for meal prepping lunches for the week!
Other Healthy Corn Recipes
Fresh Corn Feta Salad
For the dressing:
- 1 Tbsp + 2 tsp Fresh lemon juice (about 1 medium lemon)
- 2 Tbsp Reduced-sodium chicken or veggie broth
- 1 tsp Tahini
- 1 tsp Honey mustard
- 1/4 Cup Fresh mint leaves, tightly packed (5g)
- 1/8 tsp Sea salt
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
For the salad:
- 2 Cups Baby spinach and arugula blend, tightly packed
- 1 Cup Fresh sweet white corn, (about 2 husked small ears of corn of 145g)
- 1 Cup Cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 1/2 Oz Feta cheese
- 1 Small Avocado, sliced (about 80g)
- Pinch of salt
To make the dressing:
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing, except the oil, in a small food processor (mine is 3 cups) and process until broken down and well mixed.
- With the food processor running, stream in the oil until well mixed.
- Divide the spinach/arugula mix between two bowls and chop it up.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the kernels from the cobs and divide between the bowls, followed by the tomato, feta and avocado.
- Divide the dressing between both bowls, followed by a pinch of salt.
- Mix and DEVOUR!
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!