This healthy, spicy Mexican grilled corn salad is an easy summer side dish that even picky eaters will love! Naturally gluten free and vegan too!
Pin Mexican Grilled Corn Salad
Yes I KNOW. Another grilled Mexican corn salad recipe.
But I fell SO HARD in love with the Mexican grilled corn salad with honey lime shrimp that I wanted to make another spin off this Summer and, this one, you guys, it’s GOOD.
Even Mr. FFF was eating it and every few minutes he was like “yea, I oddly like this a lot.” He meant oddly because he’s usually not into salads, except that one time he liked the fresh corn salad with feta.
Maybe the secret to getting husbands to like salads is to add corn? I see a pattern here.
Either way. This simple salad is BIG on flavor and does NOT take a lot of time or expensive ingredients which is a WIN in my book.
What’s the best corn to use for Mexican Corn Salad?
I LOVE me a good summer backyard party, AND a good salad. A cold mediterranean chickpea pasta salad or a low carb keto cucumber salad on a hot day on the patio will do the trick! BUT if you combine grilling with salad, you get PERFECTION, and that’s definitely the case with this mexican grilled corn salad! For this salad, you’ll want to use sweet white corn if possible! It brings all the sweetness and grills so well to make the flavor in this salad BOMB!
Easy Mexican Corn Salad Ingredients
What’s better than a delicious salad? A delicious salad that is chock-full of ingredients that are wholesome and good for your body! Can I get a YES PLEASE!? This salad is bursting with flavor and allllll that Mexican flair we all love. It’s sure to be your new go-to summer salad. Here’s what you’ll need to make it a reality:
For the Salad:
- Medium Ears of Corn
- Table Salt
- Red Pepper
- Jalapeno Pepper
- Red Onion
- Packed Spring Mix
- Cherry Tomatoes
For the Dressing:
- Lime Juice
- Honey or Agave Nectar
- Jalapeno Tabasco
- Olive Oil
How to make Mexican Grilled Corn Salad
Remove the outer leaves from the corn. Gently pull back the inner leaves and remove the silk from inside. Pull the inner leaves back over the ears of corn. Fill up a large pot of water, add the salt and the corn, and allow it to soak for 10 minutes. Place the peppers and onions in a medium sized bowl with the oil and a pinch of salt and toss until they’re coated.
Set your grill to medium-high heat and allow it to heat up. Next, grill the corn and the peppers and onions. The peppers and onions should take about 10 minutes. Flip them once so that they cook 5 minutes on each side. They will be soft and charred once done!
Using a sharp knife, chop up all of the ingredients other than the tomatoes and salad dressing and place them in a large bowl. Stir everything together, and then stir in the tomatoes.
In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, lime juice and tabasco. Next, stream in the oil while still whisking. Pour over the salad, along with the salt, and mix thoroughly.
Serve it up onto plates and DEVOUR!
How to grill Corn on the Cob
To make this AMAZINGLY tasty Mexican corn salad recipe, grilling the corn is one of the most important steps! Once you have removed the silk and outer leaves and rewrapped the corn in the inner leaves, you are ready to get grillin’! Once your grill is heated up to medium-high heat, simply place the ears of corn onto the grill and cook until the corn is fork tender. This should take about 15-20 minutes, but you’ll need to turn the corn every 5 minutes or so.
Is it a main dish or a side?
This is SUCH a versatile salad. Dress it up or dress it down. I love to serve it alongside Chicken Mexican Casserole to make it a meal. You can also make this salad a meal all on it’s own by adding the protein of your choice!
What meat would go good with it?
I recommend adding shredded chicken or mexican seasoned ground beef to make this salad into a meal. That added protein will bring it all together-no need for sides!
Other Healthy Mexican Recipes
Mexican Grilled Corn Salad
- 2 Medium ears of corn
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Red pepper, cleaned and halved
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, seeded and halved
- 1/8 Red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Oil
- 2 Cups Packed spring mix
- 4 Tbsp Salsa
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 Cup Cherry tomatoes, Halved
- 1/8-1/4 tsp Salt, to taste
- Remove the outer leaves from the corn. Gently pull back in the remaining leaves and pull out the silk. Then, put the leaves back over the corn. Fill up a large pot of water, add in the salt and soak the corn 10 minutes.
- Pre heat your grill to medium high heat.
- Place the peppers and onions in a large bowl and toss with the 1 tsp oil and a pinch of salt.
- Shake the water off the corn and place the corn directly on the grill (still in the husk) place the peppers and onions on the grill too. Cook until the corn is fork tender, turning every 5 minutes. This should take 15-20 minutes. The red pepper, jalapeno and onion should take about 10 minutes, so flip them after 5 minutes. They should be soft and charred.
- Place the veggies in a large bowl, along with the rest of the salad ingredients, except the tomatoes. Use a sharp knife to chop everything up and then stir in the tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, honey and tabasco. While constantly whisking, stream in the oil.
- Pour over the salad, along with the salt and mix well.
- Serve as side dishes or main dishes (I add chicken when using as a main!) and DEVOUR!
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!