This wedge salad is made of grilled romaine hearts that are tossed with turkey bacon, tomato, soft boiled eggs and a creamy, homemade lemon dill dressing! It’s a low carb, healthy salad for 300 calories!
Smokey, grilled heads of lettuce with charred, soft outer leaves and CRUNCHY, CRISPY inner ones. Leaves of LETTUCE that actually taste, like, REALLY, REALLY GOOD.
UHM, SAY WHAT?!
I know. I never thought that I would be making such a bold statement about something that I fed my childhood pet rabbit. I love me a good salad, but the lettuce component was never REALLY my jam. It was all about the toppings.
Until this salad breezed into my life with it’s fresh-green-tender-crisp healthy ways that COLLIDED with a hot grill to create the most perfect charred meal in a bowl, that basically compl-EAT-ed my salad-loving-self’s WHOLE LIFE.
I wouldn’t be surprised if I was telling you some sort of paleo brownie completed my life, but a SALAD. Like, a green and veggie-licious salad packed with good-for-you ingredients and HEALTH?
Monday…it is FULL of firsts.
Have you guys ever tried grilling your salad before? After the grilled cherry crisp and grilled chickpea shenanigans, my inner-self turned into someone who apparently has made it a life goal to grill ALL the things, and hence this salad was born.
But, enough about smoky-soft leaves of vegetal YUM that will make your insides glow with goodness and tingle your taste buds right on down to your tippiy toes. I mentioned above that it was ALL about the toppings on a salad, before this here recipe came in my life.
Well, I lied. It’s still all about the toppings. I mean, I am THAT GIRL who goes to one of those ultra-trendy frozen yogurt bars and gets, like, 2 Tbsp of fro-yo and then fills the rest of the bowl with toppings. CIRCUS ANIMALS? Be still my heart.
Don’t even pretend like this isn’t you too. We’re food-loving-fro-yo-eating soul peeps. I KNOW IT.
So, the toppings on this salad pretty much equals, IMO, the greatest sandwich that has ever been invented: The BLT. Except, like, without the carbs, gluten and does-not-make-you-feel-the-delicious-health-jammin-through-your-body mayonnaise.
Why eat mayonnaise when you can make your own tangy-sweet dill and Dijon vinaigrette bursting with vibrant, fresh lemon RIGHT?[Tweet “Turn your favorite sandwich into a salad! Healthy Grilled BLT Romaine Wedge Salad! @Butterball”]
PLUS PLUS PLUS, it’s all mixed up with juicy tomatoes and crispy, DELICIOUS grilled Butterball Turkey Bacon. <— SEE? Grill ALL the things in a last attempt to hold onto summer.
Butterball Turkey Bacon is a current LUHVE of mine because, unlike a lot of other turkey bacon experiences in my past, it actually gets CRISPY. Trust me, I’ve eaten a LOT of wiggly bacon in my life and the texture-freak-person inside of me was NOT happy about it.
Aaaaannnd, it gets even MORE crispety-crunchety when you slap it on the grill. Which is, like, the most perfect texture with the tender-smoky lettuce, juicy tomatoes, OH SO creamy vinaigrette AND AND a drippy, soft boiled egg.
I mean. Runny yolk. On a salad. With bacon. IS THERE ANYTHING BETTER?
If you’re like me and can’t wait until dinner to dive right on into THAT because you have the patience of a 2 year old, you could even get away with eating this for BREAKFAST.
And, if you want me to be honest, I’m not really suggesting that.
It’s more of an order.
For the vinaigrette: *
- 1/4 Cup Fresh lemon juice about 1 large lemon
- 1 tsp Fresh garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp Packed fresh dill minced + extra for garnish
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1/2 Cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt + Pepper to taste
for the salad:
- 4 Large eggs
- 4 Romaine hearts
- 4 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 8 Strips Butterball Everyday Original Turkey Bacon
- 1 1/3 Cups Cherry Tomatoes quartered
- In a small food processor, mine is 3 cups, combine the fresh lemon juice, garlic, dill, Dijon mustard and honey until well combined. With the food processor running, stream in the olive oil until the vinaigrette thickens and lightens in color. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat.
- While the grill heats, place the eggs in a large pot and almost cover with water. Bring them to a boil. Once boiling, time them for 4 minutes. Once cooked, drain them and cover with cold water until the salad is ready. *
- Chop the very tip of the end of lettuce stems off, making sure to not cut too much so all the leaves fall apart. A few may fall off, which is okay. Brush the outside of each Romaine heart with 1 tsp of olive oil and place on the grill. Cook, turning occasionally, until lightly charred, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- While the lettuce cools, place the turkey bacon on the grill and cook until crispy and nice grill marks are achieved, about 2 minutes. Once cooked, crumble the strips.
- Place each Romaine heart on a plate and divide the crumbled turkey bacon strips and tomatoes on top. Drizzle each heart with 1 1/2 Tbsp of the vinaigrette, and then place a peeled egg on the center.
- Garnish with a little bit more fresh dill and DEVOUR.
Tips & Notes:
** You want to soft boil your eggs. The temperature could vary based on the oven and the size of your eggs. I have found mine cook perfectly at 4 minutes, but you may need to play around.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY BUTTERBALL. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH AWESOME BRANDS THAT FFF LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN.
Stay in touch with Butterball on social media: Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest / Instagram If you want more delicious Butterball Turkey recipes, make sure to download the app here!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more turkey?
Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Avocado and Turkey Sausage
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment