These breakfast keto low carb egg wraps are stuffed with bacon, avocado and tomato and are made out of eggs to keep them gluten free and low carb!
Guess who’s back? Back again
Egg white tortilla is back. Tell a friend
NAME THAT SONG.
Ok, I’ll stop.
Besides, “egg white tortilla” really doesn’t sound as good “Shady.”
HOW-EV-ER, remember the healthy chicken enchiladas? The egg white tortilla? IT IS BACK.
But, no need to tell a friend. Unless you want to. I won’t mind.
If the craving for a breakfast burrito hits you, but you have no tortilla, FEAR NOT! You can totally transform an EGG (yes, you heard right) into the best tortilla replacement!
This egg wrap recipe is going to have you singing its praises because it’s delicious, filling, nutritious AND protein loaded! Eggs are such a great way to get your protein, whether you want to get fancy by making Cod Scrambled Eggs, or keep it simple by having them scrambled, poached or baked (check out How to cook eggs in the oven). So if you’re looking to cook up a batch of breakfast burritos and want that added punch of protein, this is the breakfast for you!
Keto Low Carb Egg Wraps Ingredients
When I wake up in the morning, I’m HUNGRY. All I want is a breakfast that’s healthy, delicious and easy with a recipe that includes ingredients I already have hanging around my kitchen. These breakfast egg wraps TOTALLY fit the bill- I guarantee you may already have these ingredients kicking around. You will need:
- Cooked Bacon
- Avocado, sliced
- Small tomato, sliced
- Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese, grated
How to Make Keto Low Carb Egg Wraps
YAY for protein loaded breakfasts to keep us full until our next meal/snack! This is a breakfast that will do just that, and you’ll also love the taste! Here is how to make them:
Spray a small pan (about 8 inches) with cooking spray and set the element to low heat.
In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Make the “Tortilla”
Slowly pour half of the egg mixture into the pan (it’s about ¼ cup of the mixture). Cover and cook for about 1-3 minutes or until the egg bubbles and sets up. Flip and cook about 1 minute on the other side. Repeat again with the other half of the egg mixture. Set aside and cover.
Place 1 slice of bacon in the center of each tortilla, along with the sliced tomato and avocado. Top with as much grated cheese as you desire, then DEVOUR!
How to Store Egg Tortilla Wrap
Nothing’s more stressful than a busy morning when you don’t have enough time to get everything done before jetting out the door! Make mornings easier AND more delicious by cooking up a batch of these egg wraps to put together and heat up on one of those busy mornings! To store, simply lay them flat in a ziploc bag and store in the fridge. They will keep for 3-4 days!
Mix it Up!
Something great about recipes like this is that you can switch out ingredients to make it look and taste exactly how you want! Go ahead and get creative- here are a couple other filling ideas to mix it up a bit:
- Check out the filling ideas from my Pesto Egg White Omelette. It includes sun dried tomatoes, pesto, and goat cheese, need I say more!?
- Snag the pesto, roasted red peppers, pine nuts and crumbled cooked sausage from my Easy Low Carb Keto Breakfast Casserole with Sausage to add lots of unique flavor to your egg wraps!
Other Healthy Egg Breakfast Recipes
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Milk (I used almond)
- 2 Strips Bacon (cooked)
- 1/2 Avocado, sliced
- 1/2 A small tomato, sliced
- 1/4 Cup Reduced- fat cheddar cheese, Grated (optional)
- To make the egg “tortilla”
- Spray a small pan (mine is 8 inches) with cooking spray and heat to low heat
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs, milk and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Slowly pour half the egg mixture (about 1/4 cup) into the preheated pan. Cover and cook until the top looks set and slightly bubbles, about 1- 3 minutes.
- Flip and cook an additional minute on the other side. Repeat with remaining egg. Cover and set aside.
- Place 1 slice of bacon along the center of each egg "tortilla", followed by the sliced tomatoes, avocados and then as much grated cheese as your heart desires.
- Roll up and DEVOUR!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!